Filmmaker Pits Wonder Woman Against Nazis

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
i_ramiz said:
MorganL4 said:
She had them from being born ( use the term loosely as she is technically a golem made from clay)
Emm... She is, now, daughter of Zeus, actually

Yeah, well does anyone take the "New 52" revamped ANYTHING seriously? You don't screw with the origin story...... Superman is alien orphan..... Batman is orphan by murder Green Lantern (Hal) is cocky pilot who found a ring and Wonder Woman is a clay golem who belongs to a tribe of women enslaved by Hercules..... Thems the rules!!! Otherwise, how do you explain her walking around with shackles on EVERYWHERE and AT ALL TIMES?

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Well, my mind went one place and one place only:

Thank you Hark, a Vagrant.

On topic, I know very little about Wonder Woman, I just know that the trailer looked kind of silly to me.

Preacher zer0

Jun 13, 2010
As proof of concept it was nice.

Details, setting etc are of course malleable.
Point is WW kicking arse and it not being shit.

It wasn't shit.

That's good.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
RyQ_TMC said:
[

(BTW, to answer your concern, the Nazi approach to women was pretty much exactly the same as in other Western countries at the time. They did push them more to have babies, but at least in theory, that was a temporary policy to bump up the properly ethnic population for colonization of the East)
It's quite a bit simpler than that: WWI just happened, and all but wiped out the male population aged 17-25. If they wanted to have a new war, they'd need new soldiers.
Women weren't pushed out of the factories, they were the factories.

That said, I arrived at "...fighting the nazis", and suddenly lost all interest. There's nothing that screams "unimaginative cheese" as much as superheroes fighting nazis.

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
It kinda just felt cheesy to me, maybe its because I've never really gotten into wonder women. I know who she is and her abilities etc but never read her comics or seen her cartoon. However i don't think i'll ever be able to take a movie seriously if someone is wearing that outfit....if someone can pull that off without looking utterly stupid I'll revise my outlook on humanity lol.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
That was surprisingly lush, and yes, I think a WWII setting would be the best way to introduce cinema goers to her somewhat eccentric, comic book pedigree. That said, her underpants looked totally anachronistic. She should be wearing a 1940s bloomers/skirt combo!

rayen020

May 20, 2009
And no one has linked bobs wonderwoman video?
There we go [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2628-All-The-World-Is-Waiting]

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
s_h_a_d_o said:
sageoftruth said:
Well, this is unexpected. She's a DC comics super hero, perhaps the first female counterpart to Superman (I don't know for sure). Look her up on wikipedia and you should get everything you need.
Fanghawk said:
s_h_a_d_o said:
Fanghawk said:
Filmmaker Pits Wonder Woman Against Nazis

An unofficial trailer may have stumbled on an approach to Woman Woman that gets everyone excited (except for Nazis)...

[snip]
All well and good but...

Who the hell is "Woman Woman"?
Gah... thanks for pointing that out. Fixed.
You're welcome.
Obviously couldn't rely on sageofsarcasm.
;)
Hey, I wasn't being sarcastic.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
sageoftruth said:
[snip]

Hey, I wasn't being sarcastic.
Exactly my point. ;)

Henceforth, I shall attempt to be more conscientious in indicating my own intent in that regard.
Thanks for the clarification .~

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
... am I the only one going "why not just use the Joss Whedon script?"

I mean, Joss did write the Avengers. His Wonder Woman script that Warner Bros decided not to make must be looking a lot better in hindsight. Couldn't WB just call him up and say "we were just foolin' - here's the money, make the movie"? Or has Marvel locked Joss up in the Loki-containment-thingy from the SHIELD hovercraft until he writes The Avengers II?

MorganL4 said:
Otherwise, how do you explain her walking around with shackles on EVERYWHERE and AT ALL TIMES?
... bondage fetish?

Which is actually not too far off. See Movie Bob's video on the topic if you haven't already. It's neat.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Fanghawk said:
Milanezi said:
Please... DON'T. There are a thousand ways, with our current inclination to enjoy 300 and other greek-themed movies that we CAN enjoy a Wonder Woman movie with the rhythm from the New 52: stick her CLOSE to greek mythology, have her involved in ?Greek-God-drama, getting pissed with strife, going face to face with the now-old-looking-but-still-kick-ass Ares, and then either END the movie with that shitty pilot find the island by accident (so the movie would be an "origins" like with Cap America the movie ended with him waking up to modern USA, it would end with her being introduced to the "human" world), OR, like her solo comics, have her dealing with both greek mythology and some weird modern stuff (like Zola and her baby).

BUT DON'T TURN WONDER WOMAN INTO BLOOD RAYNE!!! Not to mention that... NAZIES AGAIN?! I mean, I totally dig them in Captain America, they were essential and expected to be plot, they are part of the story. But with Wonder Woman? Why? Because you can't find someone better? Geez...
The original Wonder Woman actually fought Nazis (the character was created in 1941) so there is a precedent for it.
I know that, but the point is, the "math" doesn't make any sense. Batman fought nazis as well, I dunno but probably even Superman did that, but hey, nobody's gonna have the nazis against them because it's a piss poor choice. With Captain America it is a part of his own character, even when it's strictly Hydra, you brain is screaming "they're nazis nonetheless". I just believe that WW should go on with greek mythology for a solo and whomever the rest of the team fights when it comes to Justice League...

Marak Daga

Feb 1, 2012
I got a warning for my post. lol. I *was* adding something, my disdain for this genre of movie and my continued thoughts that they are a waste of time to watch!

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
This WW looks so un-badassy! She's too skinny for the role, plus her outfit looks horrible.
I think comic and animation are the only media form where you can make Wonder Woman works.

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
Desert Punk said:
Milanezi said:
BUT DON'T TURN WONDER WOMAN INTO BLOOD RAYNE!!! Not to mention that... NAZIES AGAIN?! I mean, I totally dig them in Captain America, they were essential and expected to be plot, they are part of the story. But with Wonder Woman? Why? Because you can't find someone better? Geez...
Wonder Woman fighting nazis came well before Blood Rayne
It's almost as if most iconic superheroes were conceived around the same era as WWII.

While I think it's silly to claim superhero origin stories shouldn't be set in WWII because Captain America did it first, I'm not convinced they should stick to the comic. Arguably, Wonder Woman's run hasn't been ideal. She's very iconic as "that woman superhero" but there's a scarcity of good stories written about her. However, it's all pointless speculation. Captain America: The First Avenger seemed to start faithful to the comics but then completely rewrote the character. I just don't think WWII is the most compelling setting for an origin story. I think they need to make Wonder Woman a little more modern. I think one of the keys to Marvel's recent success in films (and all superhero movies for that matter) is the fresh ideas supplied by the people actually making the films and the creative freedom given to them.