Final Fantasy Fans Boo Xbox 360 at London Event

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Final Fantasy Fans Boo Xbox 360 at London Event

How much do some UK Final Fantasy fans hate the Xbox 360? They hate it this much.

Earlier this week, Final Fantasy XIII [http://www.thekoalition.com/final-fantasy-fans-boo-the-xbox-360-at-final-fantasy-xiii-launch-party/] launch event in London Oxford Circus, where guests of honor included producer Yoshinori Kitase and art director Isamu Kamikokuryo.

At the event, an on-stage contest was announced with the prize a coveted FF13 console bundle. The only problem: The console in question was the Xbox 360. Apparently, the fans weren't very fond of the idea of getting a 360, and the assembled throng erupted into boos directed at the presenter. Don't shoot the messenger, guys!

It's surprising that the crowd as a whole seemed to be so against the 360 - given that this was heavily hyped as being a the first multiplatform "proper" Final Fantasy, where were all the Xbox 360 fanboys at the event? And is it really so bad that a wider range of people get to experience the game, guys?

Oh, right. Fanboys. Logic does not apply here.

(Via N4G [http://www.n4g.com/News-490634.aspx])

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
You sure they weren't booing at George Lamb?

I hate that guy.

Alright maybe not. But! I mean they could give something like this.

Abit better then a standard super elite with Final Fantasy XIII

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
This kinda makes me ashamed of being a fan of the PS3...

Any Wii-players care to hang out while the 360 fans and the PS3 fans duke it out in the streets?

Jamiemitsu

Oct 25, 2009
Heh, I probably would have booed, too.

I mean, FFXIII was originally meant to be a ps3 exclusive, and there are TV ads in the uk which only acknowledge the 360, almost as if its an xbox exclusive.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
"- You win a trip to the lovely mountain town of South Park, Colorado!
- What?
- That's right!"

Pretty much what I thought about this. Underwhelming awards are underwhelming.

alloneword

Jul 9, 2008
Hubilub said:

Any Wii-players care to hang out while the 360 fans and the PS3 fans duke it out in the streets?
I'm with you. We can set up some round robin Super Mario Bros. Wii while we wait for the dust to settle.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Golem239 said:
Fanboys are so ungreatful
Ill say...giving all fans a bad name.

I think multi-platform games are awesome. It means more people can play a game rather than having to have one console.

Idiots -.-

Seldon2639

Feb 21, 2008
Eh... It'd be a bit like Halo going multi-platform. Yeah, the early history of the developer wasn't with Microsoft, but the two have become so linked that it's a bit like a betrayal of the original fans.

Remember all the people complaining about how CoD had forgotten the PC gaming grounds in which it had been planted, blossoming instead in the verdant console greens? It's kind of the same thing.

Imagine Mario going multi-platform.

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
Jamiemitsu said:
Heh, I probably would have booed, too.

I mean, FFXIII was originally meant to be a ps3 exclusive, and there are TV ads in the uk which only acknowledge the 360, almost as if its an xbox exclusive.
Exactly why I'm so pissed at this as well. I mean, advertisements for multi platform games are ALWAYS with all the consoles in the end. Only now it's a 360 exclusive commercial. It's like a Huge slap in the face for the Trey owners.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Hubilub said:

You rang Hubilub?

Apr 28, 2008
Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

As a member of the PS3/360/Wii/Gaming PC owner crowd, I find this just silly.

Sir Ollie said:
You sure they weren't boring at George Lamb?

I hate that guy.
I agree. Lets both be boring at him ;)