Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

The heroes from Final Fantasy XIII-2 go from questing to modeling stylish clothes.

Well, this is something you don't see every day. In a rather unique collaboration, Square Enix has partnered with male fashion magazine Arena Homme+ to feature several Final Fantasy XIII-2 characters modelling the latest fashions from Italian label Prada.

Lightning, Snow, Sazh and others will showcase several selections from Prada's upcoming 2012 Spring/Summer collection, and honestly, if you thought they looked odd in their normal get-up, there's something even more surreal about seeing these monster-fighting heroes decked out in men's casual outfits designed by a high-end European clothes line.

"Our Spring issue focuses on a world of direction and escapism, and having a visually stunning videogame franchise such as Final Fantasy work alongside us and a leading fashion brand like Prada to create something so unique is incredible," stated Max Pearmain, Editor of Arena Homme+. "I've always been interested by the power of videogames and their place in society, and the amount of work that's gone into this project blows my mind."

[gallery=684]

Those interested can pick up the issue in question on April 12th, or order it through Amazon. [http://www.amazon.com/Arena-Homme-Plus/dp/B00007EN4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333549387&sr=8-1]

Source: Joystiq [https://member.eu.square-enix.com/en/blogs/final-fantasy-characters-showcase-prada-2012-mens-springsummer-collection]

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
...That's what passes for fashion these days? Bleh... At least Sazh looks normal.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
I was expecting something more like this:

Being offered in stores near you.
I know, I totally had a belt-related joke ready to go, too.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
And I thought that it was impossible to make Hope look like more of a whiny git.
I was wrong.

DeMorquist

Dec 15, 2011
I was sure this was a process of turning people into ladyboy style male characters from FF (the later ones)

Seems its regular fashion...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
For the first time in years, Final Fantasy characters appear in arguably sane clothing.

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
I, for one, find this to be hilarious. Also, it seems rather telling that they dress Lightning up in men's clothing.

Dec 14, 2009
Well Squeenix has to earn money somehow.

I mean, they've already established that they can't make good games anymore.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I thought the lines between reality and anime/games couldn't become more blurred. I was wrong. Can't tell if the clothing is cgi or real :s

Don't know how they did it, but I want to punch Hope even more than usual.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
They look weird in normal cloths, and I don't know what to make of this.

I do think this is my WTF bit of news of the day.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Richardplex said:
I thought the lines between reality and anime/games couldn't become more blurred. I was wrong. Can't tell if the clothing is cgi or real :s

Don't know how they did it, but I want to punch Hope even more than usual.
I'm beginning to think it doesn't take much anymore, and Noel looks like a tool.