Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
It would be better if the fashions were inspired by the final fantasy clothes. Putting uninspired clothes on a Final Fantasy characters doesn't make them better. Lightning's outfit is pretty cool and I'd love to see some stuff inspired by earlier final fantasy stuff, especially the dresses ^^. Though it could go in the horrible direction of a new fashion line with Tidus's weird different pants leg length.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Wow, Square-Enix isn't even trying to hide the fact that they don't make proper JRPGs anymore, are they?

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Andronicus said:
Richardplex said:
Andronicus said:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.
Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.
Fair enough. I guess the whole "Operation NORA" thing was on a YuRiPa level of face-slapping cringe-worthiness. I get that. What I honestly don't get is this idea that he's just a whiny brat. People go on about this all the time, about how he's always complaining, and I simply don't get it. I mean, he lost his home, his mother and basically his life too (the whole cieth or crystal-for-all-eternity-if-you're-lucky thing) all in one day, and he's still just a kid. I think he's entitled to a little self-pity, don't you? Stronger men have broken down over less. Hell, I thought Sazh complained more, and everyone seems to love him.
Sazh is amazing, I will fight to the death defending him. I think he wasn't whining, he was more weary. It's a fine line, it's the difference between Alistair from DA:O and Shepard in ME3 (I really liked Alistair, but god he was whiny). And yeah, people complain about his whining probably because they didn't finish the game, he's certainly entitled to it, though that doesn't make it any less annoying. I just expected him to develop into something somewhat likeable, not to devolve into someone who gives me concussion from severe head-desking.
Solo-Wing said:
No Vanilles high pitched voice does not bother me much either. It is her accent. IT. KEEPS. FUCKING. CHANGING.
I'm sure your exaggerating *watches some cutscenes* Oh god... oh god... How did I not... well, that's a game I can never watch again.

GreenTeaGal

Apr 19, 2011
They did this in Devil May Cry 2 as well when they paired up with DIESEL to make Dante's alternate outfit. http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/shoppinshan/Dmc2diesel.jpg Frankly I'm surprised, considering how quirky most game characters dress, that this doesn't happen more often.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So this is why Squeenix dresses their characters in such elaborate campy outfits; They look totally fucking boring and lifeless otherwise.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Urena Howard said:
They did this in Devil May Cry 2 as well when they paired up with DIESEL to make Dante's alternate outfit. http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/shoppinshan/Dmc2diesel.jpg Frankly I'm surprised, considering how quirky most game characters dress, that this doesn't happen more often.
Yeah i remember them having the Diesel logo slapped all over the credits for that game.

Sazh is looking pretty boss here, the rest.... Not so much

Captcha: Shilly-shally

Keeping with FF theme. nice.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Combining the worlds of "Final Fantasy" and "Fashion modelling" could go horribly wrong... but this is actually surprisingly normal.

Synonymous

Aug 6, 2009
Sazh is boss, though those cleats have got to go. The baggy lines on the golf shirts the other three are wearing, though, are doing nothing for the characters; the virtual fitting around the stomach needs to be improved. Also, that palette is too matronly for Lightning, and Hope's shoes are weird. (Those light, sandy colors are flattering on him, however.)

When I saw the headline, I thought this story was about the launch of a real-world FF fashion line and was going to start demanding Faris's coat.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
anyone else thought it was going to be actual ppl dressed like FF characters upon first impression and not this disturbing turn of events?

yes i know how that whole statement is disturbed XD

IcyTicey

Sep 20, 2011
Antitonic said:
...That's what passes for fashion these days? Bleh... At least Sazh looks normal.
EXCEPT the shoes. Those are horrible. The fringe, the fringe! And blatant Chocobo chick abuse :(

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Dead Raen said:
Sazh looks awesome. That should be his main outfit, all the time.
I agree he looks amazing. Men take note! Suits are to women that lingerie is to you :p

Lightning looks like she is going to deck someone...

IcyTicey

Sep 20, 2011
IcyTicey said:
Antitonic said:
...That's what passes for fashion these days? Bleh... At least Sazh looks normal.
EXCEPT the shoes. Those are horrible. The fringe, the fringe! And blatant Chocobo chick abuse :(
Noel has fringe shoes too! Why do they think that is a good look?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
That is... extremely odd. And I like it. I would absolutely wear what Sazh and Squall-lookalike-whose-name-I-don't-know are wearing in those pictures.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Advertising is advertising I suppose. The clothes look fine and all, but it's so odd to see FF characters not in bizarre outfits. Sazh is pretty sharp looking though.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf (repeat until it no longer looks like an acronym)

I cannot think of a stranger collaboration. This has to top it all.