Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

comet5002

Mar 27, 2009
I hate the fashion industry. Because none of their clothes look normal and they all look like something complete wackjobs would wear.

Sazh is the only one that looks SOMEWHAT normal and the shoes ruin it. Seriously, what normal man would wear any of these clothes? Lightning's outfit looks like something an ice skater dressing up as a cowboy would wear. Who thinks this looks good?

I think the idea of having video game characters wear real clothing is really cool and a great possible advertising market (I also like that JRPG characters are wearing non-JRPG clothing). I think seeing the cast of FFX in normal clothes would be really cool. But...the clothes have to LOOK good.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
Lightning, Snow, Sazh and others will showcase several selections ... blah blah blah ... male fashion magazine
I knew it! Lightning does have a penis. That definitely explains the masculine features.

But seriously, OT, this is just one step towards what Square really wants to do. When are they finally going to start making movies?

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Das Boot said:
Richardplex said:
Solo-Wing said:
No Vanilles high pitched voice does not bother me much either. It is her accent. IT. KEEPS. FUCKING. CHANGING.
I'm sure your exaggerating *watches some cutscenes* Oh god... oh god... How did I not... well, that's a game I can never watch again.
How did you not notice that? Vanilles changing accent was probably the best part of that entire game.
I cringed everytime it happened. I fucking hated it. Drove me nuts. At least they fixed it to some degree in XIII-2.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
I was expecting something more like this:

Being offered in stores near you.
know what, so was i .....

clicked only to see the train wreck, i am dissapoint

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Gotta love the Japanese and their advertising ideas, I saw alot of REALLY bizzare advertising in Japan but this one seems fine to me.

They even have Tommy Lee Jones advertising Boss coffee, which are some of the weirdest adverts I've seen

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Flailing Escapist said:
Lightning, Snow, Sazh and others will showcase several selections ... blah blah blah ... male fashion magazine
I knew it! Lightning does have a penis. That definitely explains the masculine features.

But seriously, OT, this is just one step towards what Square really wants to do. When are they finally going to start making movies?
They already have made some. One was a complete flop. The other was kinda mediocre. But it was a sequel to Final Fantasy VII so I will not say bad things on it.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
pluizig said:
Cosplay 2: Revenge of the characters.
In Soviet Russia, video game character cosplay you?
Nice... :p

OT: To be honest... I don't know what to think of this... on the one hand it's great to see games used in advertising! It means that the industry is growing to a size that is recognisable accross the board... on the other hand... video games characters advertising expensive clothes!? Most gamers wouldn't wear that... hell! I doubt I am the only one who has gamed in my underwear on here... we don't need clothes whilst gaming!

Gylukios

The Red Comet
Dec 3, 2008
Something about that picture of Hope makes him look like a serial killer. Like he's mocking us. "You think our clothing is weird? Let me show you how bizarre I can make yours look!"

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
bliebblob said:
Scrythe said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
I was expecting something more like this:

Being offered in stores near you.
That's exactly what went through my head when I saw the title.
Is it weird to think that would've been awesome? Not that I'd actually wear it but still.

The idea isn't even that farfetched since what we are talking about here is high fashion (not exactly famous for it's practical nature) + japan (that country where the harajuku district is a thing that exists.)
You know, as hypercritical I've been to Square Enix these last few years, I'm actually all for this. It seems like this is where their art department really wants to go. Besides, as absurd as some of the more (now stereotypical) "belts-and-zippers" design is, I'm sure there's a large enough group of people who can really get into that.

And yes, I admit, I would actually wear a pair of Tripp-style trouser with a Square logo on them.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Eclpsedragon said:
I'm happy that a company completely unrelated to video games in every sense of the word is showing some sort of faith in the video game industry (instead of the usual, oh they are just kids toys excuse)

Still I find this creepy... especially Hope, Lightning for some reason doesn't surprise me.

Also, who is this supposed to be marketed to? Are they trying to sell Prada to gamers? I don't know about everybody else here, but I'm not that rich.
Well.. my sister (who doesn't play videogame) gushed at how pretty FF13 looked. So I dunno.. I could see it reaching towards people who doesn't play videogame.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
... so this is what the premonition I had when I found out that FFX-2 felt more like Barbie Dress-up World was about. I thought I just ate some bad salmon.

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
Three of them look creepy as hell, but Sazh looks surprisingly good, actually. Maybe it's because he's not staring straight at the viewer.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Those are surprisingly nice looking clothes (for the most part).

I was expecting batshit crazy.

Doubt anyone can actually afford any of it though.