Final Fantasy VII re-release is available now!

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Already got the game 3 times one original one platinum and once on PSN so unless I can mod this I will give it a miss and maybe get the orginal PC version (been thinking about it for ages) and try and get it to run then mod the hell out of it if this can be modded I may get this one it depends on the DRM really if it makes me install a client like steam forget it it may be my favourite game ever but I wont put up with that shit.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Does anyone know if you can, or will be able to, play this through Steam? I'd rather play it on there.

I have a PS2 somewhere, with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games. I'm in debate as to whether to buy this or not, or whether to just set that up again and replay it on there, seeing as I wanted to replay the others and KH too...

Also, this.
Overusedname said:
I'm still waiting for my HD FF9, personally.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Matthew94 said:
£8 and with DRM slapped on it? Thanks but no thanks.
i agree, nothing to see here you can't see cheaper, else where

gmaverick019 said:
jeesh and i thought i was a cheap bastard, that's two threads within like 10 minutes that i've seen you post a single digit number being too expensive for a game..
well, it is kinda the infearior version of the game, even the graphics update doesn't make it look any better.

sides, i've better things to throw $10 at, like Darksiders 2

Sep 14, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
Matthew94 said:
£8 and with DRM slapped on it? Thanks but no thanks.
i agree, nothing to see here you can't see cheaper, else where

gmaverick019 said:
jeesh and i thought i was a cheap bastard, that's two threads within like 10 minutes that i've seen you post a single digit number being too expensive for a game..
well, it is kinda the infearior version of the game, even the graphics update doesn't make it look any better.

sides, i've better things to throw $10 at, like Darksiders 2
i don't have a problem with someone not buying it, but just curious, how is it the inferior game? What piece of info makes it inferior to the other versions?

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Mangles69 said:
Wait, is this a HD-Remake?

I don't own FFVII and only played it on a friends PS1 years ago for a while...So am thinking of picking this up.
Nope, just the same game released on PS1 and PC years ago, but optimized for modern systems.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
i don't have a problem with someone not buying it, but just curious, how is it the inferior game? What piece of info makes it inferior to the other versions?
the DRM for one.

going off the screen shots off the site, the graphics update ether isn't noticeable or makes the back ground look like crap, which would get on my nerves after awhile.

not a fan of achievements but bitching about those at length at this point would be a waste of time.

then, theres this ...

square's site said:
Character Booster ? Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.
-.- ..... the game is already really fucking easy, AP grinding is pretty unnecessary for most the commonly used Mateiria (cure and life as example) so .... this is even needed WHY? just rubs me the wrong way it dose

Sep 14, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
gmaverick019 said:
the DRM for one.

going off the screen shots off the site, the graphics update ether isn't noticeable or makes the back ground look like crap, which would get on my nerves after awhile.

not a fan of achievements but bitching about those at length at this point would be a waste of time.

then, theres this ...

square's site said:
Character Booster ? Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.
-.- ..... the game is already really fucking easy, AP grinding is pretty unnecessary for most the commonly used Mateiria (cure and life as example) so .... this is even needed WHY? just rubs me the wrong way it dose
i suppose the drm is a slight issue, but any pc gamer in the modern century deals with it all the time, so i'll wait till it's out to see how bad it really is, and just because their graphical update isn't amazing, doesn't mean you still can't add the other mods on top of it to make it even better. (which in my opinion, would make it the superior copy to the one sold for the ps1/psn store)

I don't see how single player achievements are in any way a bad thing?

Same goes for the character booster, it's essentially making it easy to use cheat codes in the game, which are in most games anyways...and as mentioned, it's a single player game, why does that bug you, in any possible way? I don't mind grinding, to be heard, I kind of expect/like it in some games, but I wouldn't hold it against someone who doesn't want to sit there for hours grinding to beat the extra bosses.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
That's cool. Of course I already have the PS1 version on my PS3, so I don't need it.

Varil

May 23, 2011
I'm not getting it pretty much solely because of the DRM. I'm generally pretty bitchy about DRM in general, but seriously, SecuROM? What is this, 2003? There have got to be better alternatives out there. Or, just skip the DRM on the ancient game that everyone who wanted to pirate already did.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
FINALLY~! I'll be able to experience what I apparently have been left out on!!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
i suppose the drm is a slight issue, but any pc gamer in the modern century deals with it all the time, so i'll wait till it's out to see how bad it really is, and just because their graphical update isn't amazing, doesn't mean you still can't add the other mods on top of it to make it even better. (which in my opinion, would make it the superior copy to the one sold for the ps1/psn store)
i think the original PC release also had mods to fix the graphics, not 100% sure though, but that assumes mods will work with the DRM in place

i've just never liked them is all

Same goes for the character booster, it's essentially making it easy to use cheat codes in the game, which are in most games anyways...and as mentioned, it's a single player game, why does that bug you, in any possible way? I don't mind grinding, to be heard, I kind of expect/like it in some games, but I wouldn't hold it against someone who doesn't want to sit there for hours grinding to beat the extra bosses.
well.... far as I'm concerned, Emerald and Ruby SHOULD require work to combat, bringing them down was a feat worthy of praise because of all the prep they require, shouldn't be able to press a button and, bam, your ready to go.

>.> but i'm also 30, and been playing video games since before Mario was important so you could discount that as the 'ramblings of an old man' full of 'back in my day's

[sub]its kinda depressing i can use 'back in my day' at all .....[/sub]

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Varil said:
I'm not getting it pretty much solely because of the DRM. I'm generally pretty bitchy about DRM in general, but seriously, SecuROM? What is this, 2003? There have got to be better alternatives out there. Or, just skip the DRM on the ancient game that everyone who wanted to pirate already did.
So this proper release DOES have SecuROM?

Damm, and I was considering buying it as well.

Sep 14, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
gmaverick019 said:
i think the original PC release also had mods to fix the graphics, not 100% sure though, but that assumes mods will work with the DRM in place

i've just never liked them is all

well.... far as I'm concerned, Emerald and Ruby SHOULD require work to combat, bringing them down was a feat worthy of praise because of all the prep they require, shouldn't be able to press a button and, bam, your ready to go.

>.> but i'm also 30, and been playing video games since before Mario was important so you could discount that as the 'ramblings of an old man' full of 'back in my day's

[sub]its kinda depressing i can use 'back in my day' at all .....[/sub]
yeah it'll probably require some small bits of updating i'm sure to make it work with the drm, but if the modders for the main ones are worth their weight in the slightest, they'll program that one up in a jiffy i'd say within a month or so.

still, i'll agree that the drm is a pain in the ass, especially as it is SecuROM as people have pointed out.

Otherwise I'll chalk up your other two points to personal preference/old balls rant. Not that I don't think you should take pride in taking on ruby/emerald as you have, it's just I don't think it hurts anyone to have the option there, it's essentially just adding a difficulty slider...kind of.

I use "back in my day" all the time as satire, but I have a feeling that it'll slowly become realistic here in the next few years..so I'm sure I'll feel your mid life crisis pain XD

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
yeah it'll probably require some small bits of updating i'm sure to make it work with the drm, but if the modders for the main ones are worth their weight in the slightest, they'll program that one up in a jiffy i'd say within a month or so.

still, i'll agree that the drm is a pain in the ass, especially as it is SecuROM as people have pointed out.

Otherwise I'll chalk up your other two points to personal preference/old balls rant. Not that I don't think you should take pride in taking on ruby/emerald as you have, it's just I don't think it hurts anyone to have the option there, it's essentially just adding a difficulty slider...kind of.

I use "back in my day" all the time as satire, but I have a feeling that it'll slowly become realistic here in the next few years..so I'm sure I'll feel your mid life crisis pain XD
fair enough, but just wait till you start hearing songs from your childhood on 'classic rock' stations, that still really fucks with me

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Overusedname said:
Unless they actually changed the pacing, I think I'll still loose motivation shortly after leaving Midgar.

Looks pretty though, and I'm glad square finally did this for the peeps who enjoy the game. Have fun folks!

I'm still waiting for my HD FF9, personally.
Word.

I'll wait a little more to hear what the nitpickers say. A game this old, nitpicking is encouraged. So unless it's a huge improvement, I think I'll be saving my cash.