Final Fantasy X HD PS3 Reportedly Includes Final Fantasy X-2

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Final Fantasy X HD PS3 Reportedly Includes Final Fantasy X-2

When the high-definition re-release of Final Fantasy X hits the PlayStation 3, it will include an additional title, Final Fantasy X-2.

That news comes courtesy of Japan's wildly popular Jump magazine (courtesy the translations of the reliable Nipponophiles at Siliconera). According to the original piece, both Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 will be based on their more feature-rich International Edition iterations, and most crucially, each will feature improved HD graphics designed to make both games more palatable on modern HDTVs.

Further, Jump claims that owners of Sony's Vita handheld will also see access to the two HD re-releases, though instead of appearing on a single disc as with the PlayStation 3 version, each game will be sold separately. There's currently no official release date for these games, nor any notion of how much they might cost (either as a set on the PS3 or as individual titles on the Vita), though if history is anything to go by we'd expect the PS3 game to be priced right around $40 -- less than a brand new, big budget game, yet more than your typical PlayStation Network release. Individual pricing on the Vita may not directly mirror the costs associated with the PlayStation 3 release, but again, we're speculating here.

Obviously fans should be excited by this news, but we caution you not to get too psyched for this release. Being a Japanese magazine, it's entirely possible that Jump's report only applies to that country. We'd be very surprised to hear that publisher Square Enix would alter this arrangement for the American release of Final Fantasy X HD (especially as the vast majority of the necessary localization work has already been completed) but stranger things have happened and we won't truly know what the company has planned until it officially confirms this idea one way or the other.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/19/final-fantasy-x-hd-on-ps3-will-include-final-fantasy-x-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29]

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Not the best sequel, but hey I'll take it... if they're offering.

Now I'd be wondering if they make this game Cross Buy for the Vita like Sly 4 was, but... this is Squeenix we're talking about. I'm not holding my breath.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Did anyone actually want a re-release of X-2? I like the bonus ending (I like it when something has a happy ending) but the rest of the game is crap. Whenever I replay X I just go and watch the X-2 bonus ending on youtube so not seeing the appeal here.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
X-2 wasn't as great as X in my opinion but a free game is a free game. Though I'm not sure if $40 is worth it though, even with both included.

That reminds me, I need to try and get it running on my PC with the emulator, and possibly some texture upgrades to go with it for free.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
For all that people are going to lay into X-2 in this thread, I still think it's got one of the best battle systems of any game. Worth playing for that alone IMO.

Anyways, back to the hatin'.
I wouldn't say it was the best but it was highly overlooked, best use of the FF job system to date, as long as you ignore the transformation scenes it's all good.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
You know, i never played Final Fantasy X until this year, because i decided HEY, i might give this classic game a try and bought it.
And i got to the Airship proper, being able to travel anywhere... and i have been trying to do the sidequests and play the minigames, and i found out both are horribly designed and the minigames are frustrating.
As for the characters they're...paper thin.
The story isn't even that good. And no, i don't hate Tidus, i just hate how little developed this characters get.
Also the game is stupidly easy...well, it is until you go and fight the bonus bosses, then it becomes Shin Megami Tensei designed by Hitler. Pretty much making it necessary for you to grind yourself to the maximum AND having the best weapons available which sadly are tied to the goddamn minigames...In Shin Megami Tensei you could beat any boss with just the right strategy atleast.
It's just a dumb unlikeable game, i don't really get the fuss about it. And no. I won't be buying this regardless, as i already own the International Version.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
For all that people are going to lay into X-2 in this thread, I still think it's got one of the best battle systems of any game. Worth playing for that alone IMO.

Anyways, back to the hatin'.
X-2 has probably got the best battle system of any FF game except maybe XII.

That said I had problems with the story and the fact that one of the most useful dresspheres is locked away behind that stupid coin minigame.

Edit@ I still say a prequel would be nice.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I wasnt expecting X-2 being included. I wouldn't miss it if it weren't there and I have nothing against its inclusion.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Such good news. Please do it for NA, Square Enix. Please, oh, please. I love both games!

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
I wanna see FFX-3 involving the war between Zanarkand and Bevelle. We may know how it would end but dammit would be awesome to play. And you know I have an idea for an alternate ending for the war.
But in regards to this article I liked X-2 and if it IS the international version released this time in full glory to U.S.A. gamers I would seriously be thrilled. I own the JP version of X-2 for PS2 and let me tell you I cannot play that +Last Mission for the life of me in Japanese. (I bought it for the extra dress spheres. They were cool.)

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
First of, I've been waiting for my favorite game to be released on a handheld for about *looks at calendar* 10 years now. I am planing on buying Vita in the nearest future, so yay for me. I just hope they will release an international version of it.

Also, about X-2: maybe you'll have to buy X and with it you get the code for digital copy of X-2. Would be nice.

And about pricing: drop it to 30$ and hell, maybe I'll buy PS3 AND PS Vita versions. Being able to transmit saves freely between platforms would also be great: "Hey! You want to level up but don't have enough time home? Then continue your grinding while using public transport! Or a lunch break! Or whenever you wish!"
But not cloud saving. Anything but that.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Didn't really care for X-2 to be honest. I mean the class system was kinda interesting, but everything else...

Yeah, I don't think I even made it halfway through before I stopped.

I did like the original game though at least. Not nearly as much as IX but it's still a good game in it's own right.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
If this comes out while I'm still gonna be doing my Let's Play of Final Fantasy X International then Square Enix officially is trolling me. While I was doing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix I discovered 3 weeks after it debuted that Square was making an HD remake of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. I was angry because I even translated the entire game to English. Now this happens too! Square, why is it that every import I get from you you decide to make HD remakes! >.<

Windu23

Aug 6, 2008
I must be one of the few people in existence who prefers X-2 over X. If there's a way I can just get X-2, I'll be happy. Otherwise, I guess that's another game I'll own that I'll never play.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Sounds great to me! I've never played X-2 but I've been curious for a while now. If X-2 and X are separate on the PSV though it doesn't really give me any incentive to grab a Vita...I want to want a Vita and I've felt this way since it was launched.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i already own all the main series ff non mmo games so I'll pass unless they add some really juicy goodies plan to start a marathon soon

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
X-2 was good, polarising for sure, but enjoyable enough to make me happy about this. All I need now is a solid release date!