Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Review - Auron You Glad It's In HD?

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
*Grits teeth* WANT TO BE ANGRY AT PUN BUT IT'S ACTUALLY A GOOD PUN! *takes deep breath*

As my first Final Fantasy game, I can't honestly say I HATE X, because mechanically speaking it's one of my favorite games in the series as far as the combat is concerned, BUT I can still say the plot is dumb (But not full on rage worthy) and the character designs range from pretty good to pretty lulzy. It's sequel just leaves me so ambivalent, the combat system is actually pretty good, swapping classes on the fly is awesome, but that plot is just terrible.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I guess they're remaking it to Tidus over.

Your move, Jim. Your move.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Jimothy Sterling said:
sky14kemea said:

Only one reaction to that joke.

"Wakka Wakka!"
Ha! Just let me know if you'd like to Seymour.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
sky14kemea said:

"Wakka Wakka!"

Stop it! This pun war has to end! I obJECHT to this abomination!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Jimothy Sterling said:
sky14kemea said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
sky14kemea said:

"Wakka Wakka!"

I've Sin all I need to see.
I guess we're both Maesters on this subject.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
sky14kemea said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
Yuna guys, this conversation isn't really on-topic.

OT: I've been really excited for this re-release for some reason. Over the past few weeks I've gone back through all of the Playstation-era Final Fantasy games and, with the exception of the hilarious character models in VII and the obvious translation issues, I think X is the one that has aged the worst. It still looks pretty good as a game from its time and looks better than even a lot of PC games from the time (those character models were damn fine for 2001), but just playing it feels more tedious than playing IX or XII because of the ugly UI, and the first step into true 3D leaves a bit to be desired compared to the pre-rendered backgrounds of the earlier games.

Why do I have to wait another week? D:

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
klaynexas3 said:
sky14kemea said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
sky14kemea said:

"Wakka Wakka!"

Stop it! This pun war has to end! I obJECHT to this abomination!
Damn it, you Besaid what I was gonna say next!

loa

Jan 28, 2012
I wonder why they didn't bring it to the 360. Guess only the shitty final fantasies go on that.

bunnielovekins

Mar 1, 2013
loa said:
I wonder why they didn't bring it to the 360. Guess only the shitty final fantasies go on that.
Burned.

Will definitely be getting the ps3 version though, after what was said of the soundtrack; I love the music through the whole thing.
Also I don't own a vita, which may have something to do with it

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

loa said:
such salt, much angry, wow

---
Thankee for review Jimothy. I myself have been waiting for this remake since its announcement last year and was displeased when the estimated August '13 release turned into "we dunno, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯ ". You mentioned that you can't review X-2 because of downloadable etc etc, are you still going to review it when it becomes available?

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I've never admitted it in polite company, but I downright love FFX. I felt it balanced linear storytelling and cimeatics with enough freedom to make you feel like the world wasn't claustrophobic. I loved the battle system, the sphere grid, blitzball, and even the atrocious voice acting. I know some thought the plot was dumb, but I enjoyed the way the mysteries of the church were revealed and the very believable separation that technology caused among the people. I also really liked the Al Bhed language puzzles. About the only part that I found annoying were those damned cloister puzzles.

In short, I love FFX, even if it can't really rest along side FFVI, FFIV, and Chrono Trigger. If my love of X isn't enough to garner me some hate, I'll also admit I think FFVII's main plot is twice as dumb as any idea in X's.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Jim please watch out for assassination attempts by spoony?s fans.

I bought final fantasy 10 second hand a while ago and so far I like it especially the combat, I do find it odd that everybody always complains about tidus?s voice actor since yuna?s voice actor is much worse.

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
This game was alright, but I personally liked 13 better but only slightly. 13 and 10 only had okay stories, but 13 had a better balance with a neat and fun combat system and mostly good character development. This helped out since that even though 10 had a great battle system mostly, the characters extremely lacked character development

Overall, this is what I cam out with:

FF10:
Okay story
Great combat
very lacking character development (Auron, Yuna and to an extent Lulu)

FF13
Okay story
neat and fun combat
Mostly good character development (Lightning, Sazh, Fang and Hope)

Best not to recall any of their direct sequels since the characters are far weaker and the story retcons the original despite the greatly improved combat systems to both. =/

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
loa said:
It's because Sony owns the rights to FF10. That's why we never see a post 7 era FF game on the Nintendo DS or 3DS (like FF7-FF13). It's also the same reason why Nintendo does not get any main FF game in the future. Xbox does not get it because it was not originally made for such a system.