Final Fantasy XIII Sells 1.5M, Gets 35% Attach Rate

PoToGo

Mar 26, 2009
I couldn't really get into 12's story, but the combat was probably my favorite of the series. I'm looking forward to 13.

PoToGo

Mar 26, 2009
lordlee said:
FloodOne said:
I loved the combat system in XII. It never felt like a grind to me. I probably spent 20% of my total playtime just tweaking and testing gambits.

The story was a big snooze though, which was disappointing. There was a lot of potential there.

The localization was pretty shoddy too. It's pronounced Mar-Kee not Mar-Quis. Idiots.
Plinglebob said:
My problem with 12 is the story was crap and the combat system boring. I once even managed to level up without even watching the screen the whole time.

Really not surprised by the FFXIII numbers. My only problem is whether I buy it on the XBOX 360 for all those disk swapping memories and achievement points, or PS3 where part of me thinks it should be played.
PoToGo said:
I couldn't really get into 12's story, but the combat was probably my favorite of the series. I'm looking forward to 13.
Pretending that 12's story wasn't by far the best part of it
FOOLS, ALL OF YOU.

The localization was also actually quite good, aside from that one bit of pronunciation.

Or maybe Fran and Balthier's VAs were just so good I took no notice of anyone else.
Balthier was amazing.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
I got a question for those who have it.

Can you use Japanese voice with English text?

I hope you can. I also think I read it somewhere too. As I don't want to hear FFX voice acting again. My ears almost died. :eek:

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I, for one, never expected this to happen in a million years.

Highlight to see:
If you don't detect the sarcastic tone in that statement... I dunno what to tell ya.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
Taerdin said:
I can't justify spending any more money on final fantasy games. I just haven't been able to get through one since seven, and even then it was probably only because I was fairly new to rpgs and it was my first 3d one.

Also why is this the first "proper" one in 5 years? I don't understand what this means? Are some of the games less proper than others? I'm confused.
i think they mean one with a number at the end instead of spin-offs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Final_Fantasy_spin-offs

my main problem with 12 is that i was always to weak it needed to you to grind

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
I know that I for one will be strongly tempted by the release of FF13 to actually get a PS3.

On the other hand, I also know that I totally suck at FF without cheat codes, so... yeah. That might put a damper on it.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Not surprising at all; these aren't called JRPG's for nothing, you know, they know their main fanbase well. Seeing as the Western culture has pretty much (more or less) welcomed the genre with open arms (and wallets), this will be a seriously popular release next year. Say what you want about the linearity, it's apparent that some people actually, may, possibly, I dunno... prefer it?! (Shock horror!) I should know, I'm one of them. Multiple endings and that kind of stuff annoy me a little, because it always makes me feel like I might be missing out on something better, and I rarely have the time and inclination to play through a game several times, what with all the other unfinished games I have lying around.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
The combat looks interesting, with, from what I remember, NO random battles. Having no random battles is a great thing if done correctly, such as in FFXII. I didn't enjoy FFXII as much as other iterations, but that was one of the things done right in the game.

The story... not really sure yet. It seems somewhat political, but nearly every single final fantasy game I've played at least starts of politically, but then heads off on some tangent. The exception being FFXII.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
Onmi said:
p3t3r said:
Taerdin said:
I can't justify spending any more money on final fantasy games. I just haven't been able to get through one since seven, and even then it was probably only because I was fairly new to rpgs and it was my first 3d one.

Also why is this the first "proper" one in 5 years? I don't understand what this means? Are some of the games less proper than others? I'm confused.
i think they mean one with a number at the end instead of spin-offs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Final_Fantasy_spin-offs

my main problem with 12 is that i was always to weak it needed to you to grind
I beat the game with all my characters at there starting levels. and Yiazmat.

LEVELS.
MEAN.
NOTHING!
wait what how did you not level up. an yes they do. i don't think that is even possible. and even if it is i don't have that much skill

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Nimbus said:
A new Final Fantasy game sells well in Japan? I never would have guessed.
Not selling well. Selling REALLY well.

PoToGo said:
lordlee said:
FloodOne said:
I loved the combat system in XII. It never felt like a grind to me. I probably spent 20% of my total playtime just tweaking and testing gambits.

The story was a big snooze though, which was disappointing. There was a lot of potential there.

The localization was pretty shoddy too. It's pronounced Mar-Kee not Mar-Quis. Idiots.
Plinglebob said:
My problem with 12 is the story was crap and the combat system boring. I once even managed to level up without even watching the screen the whole time.

Really not surprised by the FFXIII numbers. My only problem is whether I buy it on the XBOX 360 for all those disk swapping memories and achievement points, or PS3 where part of me thinks it should be played.
PoToGo said:
Pretending that 12's story wasn't by far the best part of it
FOOLS, ALL OF YOU.

The localization was also actually quite good, aside from that one bit of pronunciation.

Or maybe Fran and Balthier's VAs were just so good I took no notice of anyone else.
Balthier was amazing.
One of my favorite final fantasy characters in easily one of my favorite final fantasy stories :).

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Onmi said:
theultimateend said:
Nimbus said:
A new Final Fantasy game sells well in Japan? I never would have guessed.
Not selling well. Selling REALLY well.
Selling better than most 'hyped up' games in the west, consider this is also only on a single platform the PS3 over there. and it's been out for 3 days, it's ALREADY GONE PLATINUM IN 3 DAYS
I'm also going to probably enjoy it which puts it above hyped up western games ;).

Ok to be fair I do like some of them. But more often than not my favorite western games never get millions of dollars in advertising or sales.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
Onmi said:
well i'm not insanely good i can't beat the game at level 1. i wanted a bit of a challenge. in order to keep up with the game level wise you had to grind. i mean i'm not the best video game player sorry. beside i bet you and him didn't pull that shit your first play through it wouldn't surprise me if you were over leveled.