Final Fantasy XIV Will Have a Monthly Subscription

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I don't see what the big deal is. I mean it really does make sense. I still wont buy it, not that I was before.

Jurassic Rob

Mar 27, 2009
I've never been a FF fan, but this discusts me! Another money grabbing scheme from a huge corporation!

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
<3 to AreanaNet. Guildwars 2 has already been announced as free. It may be a while off, but that gives me time to get the necessary minor upgrades I'll need to make to my PC to run it at full tilt.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
The hilarious thing is, even though they cut the amount of people anticipating this game in half, they'll still have millions that will pay.

Oh well, I was never up for that game anyway. Here's hoping Monster Hunter 3 isn't P2P, otherwise that's getting crossed off the list (and I really don't want to do that).
Same here.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
KDR_11k said:
MMORPG requires monthly fee, news at 11.
hahaha, I was going to do this same joke with a "This just in" line

but that works :p

CantFaketheFunk said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Yep, fuck this game. I hope The Old Republic doesn't have a subscription model, that's the only MMO I'm looking forward too.
Hate to break it to you, but odds are...

It's an MMO. They're extremely expensive to run. Unless they subsidize through microtransactions or advertising, it'll be subscription-based. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'll never get the vehemence against paying pocket change every month for a good amount of gameplay.
You know, I think it's sort of, a psychological thing..

well, you know how stores will sell things to people for 4.99 what the same person wouldn't spend 5 dollars on? Australia, according to my aunt who lives there, has 4.99 prices, and they don't even really have a penny.. People see 15 dollars coming out of their wallet and think "What did I do that for? I have nothing now!"

and somehow they fail to see the game they just purchased for another month, and they fail to comprehend the numbers that go into making the game run.

considering the price of a new game is about 60 bucks now, and except in extreme cases, you won't get more then a month out of it, I think MMOs are great value.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Yep, fuck this game. I hope The Old Republic doesn't have a subscription model, that's the only MMO I'm looking forward too.
Hate to break it to you, but odds are...

It's an MMO. They're extremely expensive to run. Unless they subsidize through microtransactions or advertising, it'll be subscription-based. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'll never get the vehemence against paying pocket change every month for a good amount of gameplay.
Essentially my thoughts as well. (Agreeing with Funk)

Ninja_X

Aug 9, 2009
We don't even know allot about this game yet, no reason to discount it yet.

I pay to play wow so I don't have any problems paying a subscription for a good FF MMO.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
If you don't have 15 bucks to pay for a game you love playing, then you need to find another hobby

like building kites out of your soiled pajamas.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Don't like playing MMOs that force you to hand over $15 a month? Buy Guild Wars. It's good, and free to boot.

To be worth $15 a month for me is a real accomplishment, and only one MMO has achieved that status in my mind so far (City Of Heroes), but I don't still wish that the amount were a little lower. Ah well: at least there's constant updates and stuff.

Don't really care about FFXIV.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Onmi said:
For every one of us that WONT buy the game now there are a million who will

Fbuh said:
well, I guess Final fantasy has had a pretty good run. I'm amazed it made it this far. Quite frankly, I think the series is dead, unless 13 rips my eyeballs and brain out with a thoroughly good skull-fucking. Other than that, I'm a bit disappointed in where the series has gone. Bright colors, weird architecture, and homosexual characters seem to be what's in order now.
This post reeks of such ignorance and nostalgia goggles I don't even know where to fucking begin.
I'm sorry, but who the hell are you to tell me of what I am ignorant? I was thoroughly disappointed with the uninspired and unoriginal characters, themes, and story lines of the past four games that I honestly don't think that the series has a chance to stay afloat that much longer. This is coming from a devout Final Fantasy fan, who was actually sad to see the series fucking murdered by Kingdom Hearts and re-releases and sequels. Yes, I said it, I fucking hate Kingdom Hearts. That game wasted 80 hours of my life and twenty dollars of my money. FF12 wasted even more of my time by spitting at me a bunch of regurgitated crap that played like Star Wars redesigned with magic. I grant that 10 and 9 weren't as bad, but you could still see the series slipping. When did main characters start wearing less clothes and having higher pitched voices? I predict that the next linear Final Fantasy game's main character actually will be a fucking hermaphrodite who had dick surgery in order to make them an actual female. Don't you talk to me about ignorance unless you can actually back up your accusations "goggles"