Final Fantasy XIV Will Have a Monthly Subscription

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
oppp7 said:
But why not just have advertisements? A few popups is a small price to pay for only $5 a month instead of $15.
Ads break immersion. Besides, it's a rather slippery slope from "a few popups" to Coke® Platemail. $15 is really not much at all.

Arassar

Nov 25, 2008
The MMO has a subscription fee... and it's news? All the free-2-play MMO's out there are garbage. I'd rather they charge and make a decent game.

Textbook Bobcat

Sep 9, 2009
I welcome the subscription fee.

I've been waiting for Square to release their next MMO since my brief foray into XI (I started too late and was home to many an unsavoury individual).

Seeing as how £15 a month is cheaper than any game these days in both lastability and initial purchase (I'm aware you buy the game first, but you also get the initial month free) it works out better.

People may believe if they so choose that they're being ripped off, but something that requires a lot more attention then releasing into the wild should generate more profit for the company. I get my entertainment, why do I care who my money goes to as long as I'm getting value for it.

clankwise

Sep 27, 2009
I hope it gets reduced for xbox because live and 15 per month. It'll be easier for ps3 since it
will only be subscription. But if they raise the price damm them to hell

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
I'll stick to DDO online. As it's free now, and if you pay to get VIP all the unlocked stuff stays on your account if you stop paying and go back to free...so yeah.

Have fun FF.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
A lot of gaming companies could learn from Turbine, their games were originally P2P and they're switching to F2P and adding unlockable things in the game that you can pay to get more easily and guess what? Turbine is getting way more money than they did before!

But, really, is anyone surprised? FFXI was P2P, why would they switch this one?