Final Street Fighter V Character Announced, DLC Characters Detailed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Final Street Fighter V Character Announced, DLC Characters Detailed

You'll be able to "earn" all of Street Fighter V's DLC characters for free.

Street Fighter V [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/street%20fighter%20v?os=street+fighter+v]'s Spring 2016 release date is looming down on us, and now, Capcom has confirmed the final launch roster with the reveal of new brand-new fighter F.A.N.G.

It also confirmed the names of the six DLC characters which will be released in 2016 (Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri and Urien), as well as detailing the three ways you'll be able to get them: via the Season Pass, "Zenny" microtransactions, or for free via in-game currency "Fight Money" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141626-Street-Fighter-V-Post-Release-Gameplay-Content-Can-Be-Earned-For-Free].

As for F.A.N.G: "When he's not busy overseeing Shadaloo's operations, he shows his passion through conducting evil experiments within Shadaloo's research facility. His sinister long range attacks and slippery movements, paired with his ability to poison his opponents, is enough to leave his opponents feeling ill."

Check him out in both the trailer to the right, and the screenshots below:

[gallery=5172]

The Street Fighter V 2016 Season Pass was also announced as a PS4 exclusive. The Season Pass will be available to purchase for $29.99 and will give players instant access to all six additional characters when they are released, as well as a premium costume for each and an exclusive PS4 theme.

As for the microtransaction "Zenny" currency, it was revealed that you'll be able to buy it in batches as small as 100 Zenny ($0.99) and as large as 4000 Zenny ($29.99 with a 1000 Zenny bonus), but since we don't know exactly how much characters and other such content will cost, it's kind of meaningless. Best guess would be between 500 - 1000 Zenny per character.

Check out the other 15 characters that will launch alongside F.A.N.G on the official site [http://streetfighter.com/characters/].

Street Fighter V launches in Spring, 2016 for PC and PS4.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Well, if they wanted to create a character everyone will want to beat the ever-loving crap out of, I think they've succeeded. Good gravy, that voice is like nails on a blackboard. Give him an annoyingly cheesy moveset, and I think you've sealed the deal.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Okay, who gave Voldo and Hsien-ko the potara earrings? Who said that was allowed?

... If/when I get thi game, I'm so maining him.

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
It's nice to see Thin Men getting representation in video games! Let's hope this guy isn't good with small guns, or everyone in SFV is basically boned.

Wait, does this mean that XCOM costumes are confirmed for SFV?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I really hate the art style of this game. This trailer reminded me of that.

The character? MAGNIFICENT.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Hey, look!
ANOTHER game I'll be waiting for the GOTY Edition for.
:D

Seriously though, it's Crapcom.
Can't say I've bought a SF game the first release outside of SF2.

Learned my lesson after that.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Aerosteam said:
Dear god that stage is amazing.
Ditto

EyeReaper said:
Okay, who gave Voldo and Hsien-ko the potara earrings? Who said that was allowed?

... If/when I get thi game, I'm so maining him.
Yeah he reminded me of her aswell, as if he was a Chinese vampire wannabe.

Overall the rouster seen good, shame a certain one or two character aren't in it but hey it got R. Mika so I'm glad for that.

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
Tanis said:
Hey, look!

there is never going to be a GOTY/new edition

Capcom have said that 10,000 times already

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Gailim said:
Tanis said:
Hey, look!
there is never going to be a GOTY/new edition
Capcom have said that 10,000 times already
...and you believe them?
Because, given the company's history, I don't.

Full me once, shame on you.
Full me twice, shame on me.
Full me thrice, shame on you and me.

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
I thought he was just kooky, then I saw that critical art and was like "this guy is super kooky!"
I'm indifferent on his inclusion, can't bring myself to think anything negative about him but I'm not interested in playing him either... man this feels weird, for every character I've leaned more towards liking them or not in one way or another but with F.A.N.G its like... "yeah, that's a character alright."

but seriously though that freaking critical art is the goofiest shit ever and it's amazing!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Huh.

Seems like XCOM's Thin Man went native and moved to China. He even kept the poison crap.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I saw a comment saying he looks like he should be a villain in a Pixar movie and I can totally see that.
My first impression of him is that he seems a little too goofy, but then I take a step back and remember what kind of game he's in. If a guy that can stretch his limbs out to obscene lengths and breathe massive balls of fire, all just because he does yoga, was added as a new character, that would seem a hundred times stranger than just a kinda lanky martial artist.
That said; What on earth is he doing in that super? It looks like a place-holder animation someone added as a joke and they forgot to take it out. Looking forward to people whiffing it though. Dropping a combo and using their whole super bar to just flutter across the screen, that's gonna crack me up everytime.

Also Alex confirmed as DLC. Miracles do happen.

Vancleef

Jul 6, 2010
I think he looks super weird, has a really goofy moveset and his voice is cringeworthy. I certainly won't play him, but I guess compared to some other characters he isn't really THAT out of place.

fluxy100

May 22, 2010
Really Guile is DLC? Guile the guy that most people think of when they think of Street fighter right after Ryu? That Guile? But hot damn at least we got Birdie in the base game. Good old fan favorite Birdie.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Callate said:
Well, if they wanted to create a character everyone will want to beat the ever-loving crap out of, I think they've succeeded. Good gravy, that voice is like nails on a blackboard. Give him an annoyingly cheesy moveset, and I think you've sealed the deal.
Well GOOD NEWS THEN! The character's gimmick is that he poisons people, hence his projectiles being purple and his opponents becoming purple in battle. While poisoned, characters will constantly lose health.