Final Three Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Characters Leaked!

Durxom

May 12, 2009
So ya, for the people who don't know, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (sequel to one of the best selling fighting games of all time) is coming out soon, soon being February 17th. And as continuing with their trend, they have been releasing info about all the characters that will be appearing in the game over time, usually releasing 2 characters (1 Marvel, 1 Capcom) each time.

Well apparently, some German gaming magazine has leaked the final 3 characters for the game, 2 being in game, and the last being the end boss. So without further waiting, the 3 characters are.....-drum roll-...

and

with Galactus as the final boss

As seen here:

Both can be seen within the new character selection screen (Hsien-ko: far bottom left; Sentinel: far bottom right)

So that's it for the starting cast of the game, who know what else Capcom might add with DLC (Shuma-Gorath and Jill Valentine already confirmed)

So....with everything all said, hype? opinions? stuff??

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I just know the game's gonna catch a lot of heat for including Sentinel, but I gotta admit, I'm kinda glad to see him returning. It's just not Marvel with Storm/Sentinel/Mags. Here's hoping they give him a Mango color to go along with Magneto's MAG-FUCKING-NETO color.

Totally hype for this game. Pretty sure I'm gonna be fighting Deadpool/Dante/Zero every three seconds once I hit Live, but hell, getting to put Haggar on my team is awesome enough to make up for that.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Chris redfield a waste of a damn slot! Would've rather had Leon if another RE char was needed then that lame bastard. And they took Gambit out but brang back Shuma?! Either way I'm still exceited, been waiting for a new MvC for ages, it's like the only fighting game that actually holds my attention longer then 20 mins, and adding Deadpool, and Trish makes up for the other chars I like who had to go like Psylocke and Strider ninja. But there is no excuse for adding lame ass Chris! Fck a Chris! Fck'em slow with the thickest sandpaper available!

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Now if only this was on the PC, I might be excited for this ;_; Hell PC still might get SSF4 from one article i read, just bring this over and I'll be a happy camper. Cross platform play with Xbox users would be great. Never liked MvC2 but I'd be willing to give this a shot.

Hopefully even though team scrub is back, they aren't horribly abused.....oh who the hell am I kidding.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Wow I was super excited about this game but I agree, Gambit for Shuma makes no sense. Actually a lot of things said about the cast in this thread have kind of diminished my enthusiasm a bit, plus I've been following that thread about Blazblue Continuum Shift and it looks really fun too, maybe I should just try it for now and worry about MvC3 when it gets here.

Would someone mind listing the total characters abailable out of the box if you areN'T on XBL please? A link to a known roster would be appreciated as well.

Durxom

May 12, 2009
mikev7.0 said:
Wow I was super excited about this game but I agree, Gambit for Shuma makes no sense. Actually a lot of things said about the cast in this thread have kind of diminished my enthusiasm a bit, plus I've been following that thread about Blazblue Continuum Shift and it looks really fun too, maybe I should just try it for now and worry about MvC3 when it gets here.

Would someone mind listing the total characters abailable out of the box if you areN'T on XBL please? A link to a known roster would be appreciated as well.
Right now, the out of the box characters are:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine
Deadpool
Dormammu
Super Skrull
Storm
Phoenix
Magneto
Doctor Doom
She-Hulk
M.O.D.O.K
X-23
Taskmaster
Sentinel

Ryu
Chun-li
C. Viper
Zero
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Dante
Trish
Chris Redfield
Wesker
Nathan Spencer
Arthur
Morrigan Aensland
Felicia
Tron Bonne
Mike Haggar
Akuma
Hsien-Ko

....sometimes, I wish I could actually play these games instead of being just the messenger =S

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Durxom said:
mikev7.0 said:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine
Deadpool
Dormammu
Super Skrull
Storm
Phoenix
Magneto
Doctor Doom
She-Hulk
M.O.D.O.K
X-23
Taskmaster
Sentinel

Ryu
Chun-li
C. Viper
Zero
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Dante
Trish
Chris Redfield
Wesker
Nathan Spencer
Arthur
Morrigan Aensland
Felicia
Tron Bonne
Mike Haggar
Akuma
Hsien-Ko

....sometimes, I wish I could actually play these games instead of being just the messenger =S
Hey thanks Durxom! That's exactly what I needed and the excitement has returned! True no Rogue, but I can live with that, she and Gambit will likely be DLC and I wanted to get back online anyway to play Tron so no big there.

Especially since I'll be able to have Cap slap Wesker around for some well deserved digital cartharthis.....

Anyone else fully intend on giving Judas his 30 "silver"?

An' whaddya' mean by you can only be the messenger but you can't play em'? It's Wesker man....if anyone ever deserved to channel a pinata for about a century....

Durxom

May 12, 2009
mikev7.0 said:
An' whaddya' mean by you can only be the messenger but you can't play em'? It's Wesker man....if anyone ever deserved to channel a pinata for about a century....
No, I mean, I'm always releasing the info about MvC3 and SSF4 and all that on here...but I don't have a 360 or a PS3 so I can't play either of them xD

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Meh, these characters don't matter to me at all. I'm already having trouble picking between whose going on my team as it is. Haggar+Chris+Amaterasu? or Wesker+Chris+Amaterasu? BLarghfrghghrhgh.

Such a hard choice.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
No Strider basically means no buy for me as I'm not a huge MvC fan to begin with and he's one of the few things that actually kept me playing MvC1&2.

As for the last character reveals.. meh. Hsien-Ko isn't bad and it will be interesting to see her in the Vs space. Sent is personally of no interest to me at all and it actually seems a bit of a joke for "him" to be the last Marvel reveal. While not quite on par with, say, Capcom leaving Ryu to be their last reveal, he's such an obvious choice and I really don't see why anyone would be surprised by his inclusion, especially seeing as how Mags and Storm are in the game. My only hope for him is that he's balanced down so much that all of the MvC2 nuts who jump on board with him at first get instantly bodied because he'll be nothing like his MvC2 self.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Characters I like:

Iron Man
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine
Deadpool
Storm
Magneto
Doctor Doom

Dante
Wesker
Felicia

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
OK, I'm sorry to have to go all "fan-boy" on this...but...

Dante without Vergil??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Seriously, I hope he's either an unlockable or there's some DLC to this game. Otherwise, this will be a version of MvC that I will not buy. The dream team there would be Dante, Vergil and Zero for me, with Deadpool or Akuma being a substitute for Zero. Have to say, too, about the inclusion of Galactus is that there's no mention of his "Heralds" either. It'd be awesome if they included Silver Surfer, Nova, Airwalker, Stardust or Terrax.

However, it is a nice line-up nonetheless. It's interesting, to me anyways, why they can have only so many characters at one time. Why not go for the 64 or the 128 mark? Eh, silly me...chasing dreams again...

(Captcha - current oothetac. WTF is an "oothetac"?)

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Durxom said:
mikev7.0 said:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine
Deadpool
Dormammu
Super Skrull
Storm
Phoenix
Magneto
Doctor Doom
She-Hulk
M.O.D.O.K
X-23
Taskmaster
Sentinel

Ryu
Chun-li
C. Viper
Zero
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Dante
Trish
Chris Redfield
Wesker
Nathan Spencer
Arthur
Morrigan Aensland
Felicia
Tron Bonne
Mike Haggar
Akuma
Hsien-Ko

You're leaked characters are screen shots. Not necessarily characters that will be available 'out of the box'. For what is official I'd go...[a href=http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us/characters]To Capcom's website[/a]

OT: A lot of people say 'it's sucks they left out broken character or two characters that are essentially the same' I like the variety they don't have gambit and cyclops because they don't need the entire giant sized X-Men roster or every character from resident evil (though they certainly are trying on that one).

Durxom

May 12, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
I cannot wait for this, what is the release date? I need to get this
Like I said at the beginning, the release date is February 17th :p
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Dante without Vergil??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Seriously, I hope he's either an unlockable or there's some DLC to this game.
After they added Dante to the roster, the MvC devs asked the DMC team who else they wanted in it. They said Trish. And so far, Capcom has stated only Akuma and Taskmaster are going to be unlockables. Any other character is going to end up being future DLC

ajofflight

Jun 5, 2010
Hsien-ko should be good. I'm just glad that they included Deadpool. That, and Amaterasu should be fun.
Sounds like good stuff! This is going to be download-only, yes?

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Durxom said:
After they added Dante to the roster, the MvC devs asked the DMC team who else they wanted in it. They said Trish. And so far, Capcom has stated only Akuma and Taskmaster are going to be unlockables. Any other character is going to end up being future DLC
Thanks for the info! Guess all I can hope for is that the devs ask for more characters. After I send an e-mail to the guys saying "Why not these guys OR please include these as DLC for this game" that is.

Au Naturel.

Apr 4, 2010
Eh? Lei Lei? I expected perhaps, BB Hood. BUY HEY! More Darkstalkers characters is okay with me!