Final Two The Old Republic Classes Revealed

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
I am really excited for this game, I cannot wait. and yes, Ewoks shooting lighting would be AWESOME

JonahNYC

Mar 13, 2008
James Raynor said:
Loop Stricken said:
James Raynor said:
Funny how you cannot be a light side sith...
Okay, so... I'm not a Star Wars buff but... wouldn't that be a Jedi?
The only real difference between a jedi and a sith is their philosophy. You can be a 'dark jedi' but not a light-sided version of the sith.
You can't be a Dark Jedi. That's a Sith. You CAN be a "Gray Jedi".

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
Bioware, please no "You are the only one in the world/galaxy/universe who can save the Citadel/the galaxy/the kingdom and you must collect 10 party members to help you on your quest in a nonlinear choice of 4 planets/towns!"

Those storylines are getting quite stale. I am very excited for this game though.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
What's with the stupid names? Just drop the premise and call 'em "Mage" and "Warlock"

Geez...people always giving silly names to things that have been around for years...
Are you new to the internet? Has you had chezburger? Can you get to the CHOPPA!?

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Sadly, no nerf herders. No doubt the forum population will do their best to make up for this omission.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
And suddenly I am not that sure anymore if I want to play a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler. A Sith Inquisitor looks so deliciously evil. Gods I want this game more than ever.

TheArma

May 19, 2009
Exactly the class lineup I was expecting and hoping for, with me as a Consular and the GF as a Knight those nasty, nasty Sithies should watch out.

Life is good.

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
JonahNYC said:
James Raynor said:
Loop Stricken said:
James Raynor said:
The only real difference between a jedi and a sith is their philosophy. You can be a 'dark jedi' but not a light-sided version of the sith.
You can be both light side sith, and dark side jedi in this game if I remember correctly. Like in the developer walkthrough the sith had the choice to kill or save the captain, they're the good guy in the bad place. They serve the empire to keep the people of the empire safe. They look out for everyone not just themselves.

A dark jedi is just gonna be a jedi that gets the job done no matter what with little consideration for the consequences or the people involved.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
JonahNYC said:
James Raynor said:
Loop Stricken said:
James Raynor said:
All classes in the game can gather Light and Dark Side points, so you can turn into a Dark Jedi, or a Light Sith.

Technically a Light Sith would be a Jedi, but not all Dark Jedi are referred to as Sith. In the case of TOR, the Republic and Sith Empire are merely factions, and there can be both good and bad people on both sides.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
What makes me mad is that they apparently won't give the Jedi any Dark Forces or vice versa (Sith - Light Forces). Quoting, "no power is inherently good or evil, it's how we use them". Kyle Katarn or some other Jedi Master.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
JonahNYC said:
James Raynor said:
Loop Stricken said:
James Raynor said:
I'm reminded of something Kreia said during KotOR2 about how 'Jedi' and 'Sith' are merely labels. If one follows the Light side it doesn't make them a Jedi, if someone follows the Dark side they're not necessarily a Sith.

If you follow the Sith code but for Light-side reasons (to serve the greater Good in the long term), couldn't you be a Light-side Sith? If you follow the Jedi code for Dark side reasons, couldn't you be a Dark Side Jedi?

Cheshire Cat

Sep 26, 2008
I'd like to see the Taung ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taung ) make an appearance as a playable race in it :-D

They remind me of the Protoss from Starcraft...

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Abedeus said:
What makes me mad is that they apparently won't give the Jedi any Dark Forces or vice versa (Sith - Light Forces). Quoting, "no power is inherently good or evil, it's how we use them". Kyle Katarn or some other Jedi Master.
There's conflicting material regarding that, though. There are plenty of sources, including Lucas himself, saying that using Dark Side powers like Force Lightning corrupts the user, and brings him or her towards the dark.

Meanwhile, there are powers usually (or previously) associated with the Sith that aren't really Dark Side, such as the telekinetic choke technique. What matters there is how it is used, since no true Jedi would intentionally torture an opponent.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Does the Sith Inquisitor class make you all wrinkled and twisted like Palpatine here? That could be the make-or-break question, really.
If it means I can Chain Force Lightning fools, I'd do it.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
JediMB said:
Abedeus said:
There's conflicting material regarding that, though. There are plenty of sources, including Lucas himself, saying that using Dark Side powers like Force Lightning corrupts the user, and brings him or her towards the dark.

Meanwhile, there are powers usually (or previously) associated with the Sith that aren't really Dark Side, such as the telekinetic choke technique. What matters there is how it is used, since no true Jedi would intentionally torture an opponent.
Well, we might argue that Choke can be used to disarm opponents without harming them or by holding them in place or in the air, not by neck of course. Also, the power of Healing can be used to torture people and keep them alive at the same time. Drain Life? Taming a wild animal by draining its energy by a half.

Still, I understand the thing that some powers might be more... of an influence on the personality, using Lightning is like shooting a gun. The more you do it, the more you want it, if you aren't strong-willed enough.