Finally, The Walking Dead Casts Its Negan

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Finally, The Walking Dead Casts Its Negan

Comic book fans will already recognize Morgan as as Edward Blake/Comedian in Watchmen (pictured above). Non-comic book fans will recognize him as "that dude who looks exactly like Javier Bardem [http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/seperatedatbirth.jpg]."

The character, who sources say will first arrive in the season six finale directed by Greg Nicotero, is the violent leader of a group known as The Saviors who use force and intimidation to subjugate other communities - including Alexandria. Negan first appears in the landmark 100th issue when he crosses paths with Rick Grimes, who had been vocal about bringing down the man who takes half the community's supplies in exchange for "protection" from walkers.

Morgan will first join the series as a guest star before being promoted to series regular for season seven. Production on the season six finale begins this week in Atlanta.

All kidding aside, Dean has some serious acting chops and should be a great fit for this "iconic" role, as it's been described. Considering that he was chosen from a pool of actors that included Timothy Olyphant, Matt Dillon, Garret Dillahunt, and Jon frickin' Hamm at one time or another, one has to imagine that he is going to knock this role out of the park. (See what I did there?)

Of course, with the man Negan makes an example of in his comic book introduction currently presumed dead on the show, the question becomes: Who will Negan introduce Lucille to first?

Source: The Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-negan-jeffrey-dean-836243]

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Comic book fans will already recognize Morgan as as Edward Blake/Comedian in Watchmen (pictured above). "
And of course he's the awesome father in Supernatural! In which he was bad ass as well ;)

Really cool to see him on the small screen again; tis been too long!

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
So now we'll get to see how THAT scene plays out in the show. This is gonna be some craaazy makeup work if it's anything like the books, and a bit gratuitous at that.

Kenjitsuka said:
"Comic book fans will already recognize Morgan as as Edward Blake/Comedian in Watchmen (pictured above). "
And of course he's the awesome father in Supernatural! In which he was bad ass as well ;)

Actually it hasn't. He's been a regular in Extant, the CBS AI sci fi with Halle Berry.

stormtrooper9091

Jun 2, 2010
Remus said:
So now we'll get to see how THAT scene plays out in the show. This is gonna be some craaazy makeup work if it's anything like the books, and a bit gratuitous at that.

Kenjitsuka said:

Actually it hasn't. He's been a regular in Extant, the CBS AI sci fi with Halle Berry.
I sincerely doubt the exact thing will happen on tv

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
How does this casting mean Glenn's fate changes? Several characters on the TV show have had different fates to their comic counterparts.

Even if Nicolas did fall on top of Glenn, given the amount of walkers surrounding them there is no way he avoided getting bitten on the arms or legs.

The only place he had to go was under the dumpster. So he may not have been torn apart but he definitely should have turned.

I do think this is a genius bit of casting for Negan though. The guy is nuts but he's also reasonable. Do what I say, when I say it, and you wont get messed up.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Remus said:

Kenjitsuka said:

Oh! I got the first episode, but never found the time to check it out yet :(
Will do then! :D