Finally, You Can Play Saints Row 4 On the PS4 and Xbox One

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Finally, You Can Play Saints Row 4 On the PS4 and Xbox One

Could you even call the Xbox One or the PS4 a "next generation" of consoles without having a Saints Row title playable on them?

Publisher Deep Silver plans to rectify the dearth of wacky, irreverent open-world games on new consoles by releasing Saints Row IV: Re-Elected. The original release was a wonderful departure from the roots of the series and told the story of the Saints Row boss, now the President of the United States, battling an alien invasion. You teamed up with your gang, and Vice President Keith David, in a virtual reality version of Steelport, gaining superpowers and weapons along the way. Re-Elected includes all of the DLC released for Saints Row IV - weapons, missions, vehicles, etc. - for only $29.99 when it comes out on January 27th.

The update also includes features to take advantage of next-gen doohickeys. There's voice commands for calling in your homies and navigating menus. You can use all of the screenshot, game clip sharing and broadcasting tools of each console. Re-Elected on the PS4 supports Remote Play with your Vita. And of course, the resolution and graphics have been enhanced for the new capabilities of the consoles.

The standalone expansion Gat Out of Hell also comes out on that date for $19.99, and the total 50 buck package would be a great way to get Saints Row on your fancy new console. At least, that's what Deep Silver is trying to accomplish here.

For more on Gat Out of Hell, and the progression of Saints Row from GTA clone to truly wacky story-telling, check out my interview with Creative Director Steve Jaros here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/interviews/12176-Saints-Row-Gat-Out-of-Hell-Expands-Volition-s-Gang-Fantasy-Serie]

ZeroAxis

Apr 11, 2010
Trishbot said:
Huh...
Next gen is so last gen.
Ninja'd. I can't call PS4/Xbox One next generation with so much last generation shovelware just given Higher-Res and Higher Frame Rate treatment. Call me when Quantum Break, Final Famntasy XV (I've always preferred Versus XIII), or Destiny arrive.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
How about fixes for all the game-breaking glitches like getting stuck in the menu without being able to save? Seriously, those glitches were so frequent I probably lost 10-15 hours from them.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Could you even call the Xbox One or the PS4 a "next generation" of consoles without having a Saints Row title playable on them?
Could you even call the Xbox One or the PS4 a "next generation" of consoles with all these last gen ports?

Get some fucking games, next gen.