Finding grownups (25 +) on XBOX Live.

hooliganyouth

Oct 3, 2007
After years of saying I would never go online and play games I've finally broken down and been playing a few titles on XBOX Live. One major problem I've been running into is finding other "grownups" to game with. While sometimes it's not bad to game with kids most of the time the screaming, constant "gay" cracks, hooting, and assorted idiot behavior of teenagers is maddening. I know I can just turn off the headphones but that takes something away from the online experience.

Any of you folks know of an older gamer group?

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Mature rational people on Live? That's just preposterous! I have yet to see any great number of people with decent grammar and temperment playing Live so I've long snce turned off the mic. It's just less painful than listening to the angry wails of children.

xMacx

Nov 24, 2007
I used to regularly play GOW, and play a decent amount of COD4 at this point.

I did find with GOW a kind of social networking - I'd find one guy out of 8 that was in my age bracket, then another, etc. It was a little painful at the beginning, but after a while I ended up playing almost exclusively with a group of players my age.

So there's me, and some guys I know. I think that's it.

xMacx

Nov 24, 2007
Maybe we should make an escapist old man clan - we can play on private chat and lose. Good times.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
They are around, but seriously there are many people in this world who are just simply maladjusted individuals. I do find that people I play against on COD4/RSV/GRAW over PSN are generally alright so I know there are people on Live who are alright too.

jay_courage

Jan 29, 2008
tips for weeding out children
1. Ask if they know what pluto is, most kids in the UK stopped learning about the planets in primary school in the year 2000
2. Ask what ð/pi is (3.14159)
3. Ask if they know the true meaning behind all those nasty words they love so much.

Winding up Children
1. After 8PM tell them that it is there "beddie bye time"
2. Tell them that the game they are playing is to old for their intellect
3. Tell them a "your mum joke" then mute

I have only ever had randoms on xbox live but quite alot of the adults were friendly, the kids, however, I would take great satisfaction in drowning them like a bag of kittens/puppies.

qaqa1

Dec 3, 2007
Lol its not always kids and tenagers who are idotic. Ive met adults on live who get pissed off and yell at people who have fun during a match instead of going all out to win. As well saying that to a kid and telling them to try harder will just make them start killing there teammates.

Count_de_Monet

Nov 21, 2007
If you want to find adults on Live say you are male or female, 8-14 years old and looking for a mature friend to help you with your problems.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I dont think age matters. If i can get 3 20-somethings to sing nonstop for half an hour, age means nothing.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
I think what Hooligan is really after is a way to remove the jerk-off's who where created by weak sperm.

GustavB

Nov 28, 2007
Rob Inglis: Yes because obviously there's a connection between the control input and the maturity of the audience. Not.

I'm not bothered by "fuck" or "you *****" or stuff like that. What bothers me are the ones who are really, really loud who are either singing or just going "blah blah blah blah" because I'm not speaking english all of the time. That or them doing a horrible Borat impression after I say something. Seriously, stop that, it's not funny anymore.

hooliganyouth

Oct 3, 2007
I get tired not only of the "*****" this "gay" that (it's like an evening with 14 year old Lisa Lampinneli imitators) but also the poor sportmanship. I never thought I'd be the sort to whine about "gentlemanly conduct" but Jeez these kids are a prime example of "Spare the rod, spoil the child."

qaqa1

Dec 3, 2007
HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

Well thats the only thing that I find anoying, when someone has the concentration to say HEY for 20 minutes straight with only the odd pause to breath.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
xMacx said:
Maybe we should make an escapist old man clan - we can play on private chat and lose. Good times.
Can teenagers who have don't think "intelligent, reasoned debate" means "stfu gay" join? As long as you have an extensive screening process, there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also, I think there is a difference between PC gamers and console gamers; the idiots you find on PC games are more likely to be nerdy, elitist types, who think that shelling out £200 quid for their graphics cards makes them better than you somehow, whereas the idiots you find on console games are more likely to be the simple, expletive-flinging types who bought an XStation 520 because "all the cool kids are doing it", and "OMG Halo3 is awsom". Of course, there are going to be exceptions; WOW is popular enough for mindless teenagers to buy, and there might (just might) exist a rare few PC gamers who have realised that there are games that don't fit into the FPS, RTS, or MMORPG genres. I'd love to see a PC gamer try and play PGR4 with a mouse and keyboard. And then, of course, you get the pure and simple, straight-up, down-to-earth bastards who are just as bigoted and stupid in real life.

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
add me if you want, i try to avoid undue trash talking and its always nice to have a new friend on live.

Dragon Knight 1 is me tag