Firefall Studio Crafts PSY-Inspired Minecraft Music Video

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Firefall Studio Crafts PSY-Inspired Minecraft Music Video

This one goes out to all the griefers.

The sworn nemesis of any Minecraft player isn't the colossal Ender Dragon, nor is it the ubiquitous Creeper. The true threat is a much more sinister force - the griefer. A new music video from Red 5 Studios pays tribute to this destructive character, animated and recorded in blocky Minecraft-ian machinima to the tune of PSY's Gentleman. Also, it features the freakishly long-limbed Enderman dancing the Charleston. If that doesn't convince you to give up a minute and a half of your time, I don't know what will.

The video works well with Gentleman, and not just because of PSY's knack for producing K-pop earworms. The original music video for Gentleman basically involved PSY running around griefing people in real life, so it's a fitting match. Having seen the original, it's not hard to imagine the singer filling your carefully-designed castle with TNT blocks, just for kicks.

Of course, the titular griefer in the music video isn't content to just hide TNT blocks, oh no. He hides lava for unsuspecting homeowners, destroys fields of crops, abuses helpless chickens - everything that, sadly, is at the disposal of a typical online jerk. I don't know about you, but I think we need to get some parental advisory warnings on this music video. This is not the type of behavior that young, impressionable miners/crafters should be exposed to!

Grieferman, as the parody song is called, was produced by Stage5.tv, the video production team of game development company Red 5 Studios. Red 5 is currently working on action-MMO Firefall, though this video clearly has nothing to do with that game: Stage 5 aims to produce network-quality television [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122860-Firefall-Developer-Looks-to-Produce-Network-Quality-Television] by gamers, for gamers. It's an admirable effort, and if it means seeing more clever videos like this one, then hopefully it will pay off for the studio.

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LDRDEyLB-ks]

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
I really wish these Minecraft music video "Parodies" would stop. The first one was amusing.. Now they just feel very strained and painful to watch.

Other than that, this music sounds painful on my ears too.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
I thought that was actually surprising well executed, the fact that they paid attention to the lyrics to make them both relevant and fit the sounds of a separate language shows attention to detail.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
Smilomaniac said:
Elate said:
I really wish these Minecraft music video "Parodies" would stop. The first one was amusing.. Now they just feel very strained and painful to watch.

Other than that, this music sounds painful on my ears too.
Imagine a world where you can't skip content, and everything is forced into your brain.
As much as these things permeates the internet, you're not forced, nor you do have to keep up with fads, memes or anything else.

Feel free to do your own content, if you want to change anything.

Until then, I'll be over here, having a blast watching vids like these.
Imagine a world where I was free to give criticism on anything based on how poor or good the content was in my opinion, imaging people being paid to give their opinions on things. Professionals whose sole job it is to 'review' and give their views on all sorts of media.. What a queer idea.

captcha: charlie bit me

LOOK, IT'S UNAVOIDABLE. Oh god no.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Been having a VERY rough Friday, but this video brought a smile to my face. Thank you very much for posting it.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
This is quite good. It has inspired me to build a castle.

9696th post!

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
NpPro93 said:
It feels wrong for there to be a Minecraft parody song that does not involve CaptainSparklez...very wrong...
Hopefully this one wont get blocked like his Minecraft Style then...

drthmik

Jul 29, 2011
Not as good as Mincraft Style but I liked it
we can't let Sony push us around, parodies are protected under copyright law.