Firefly Online Reunites Cast, Gameplay Revealed

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
And this trailer carries on the annoying trend of making a gameplay trailer that shows no gameplay. If that was a gameplay trailer why do I not know anything about how the bloody game is going to play?

Don't get me wrong I am interested to see how they do with this, but that trailer is not a gameplay trailer.

Fr0stbyt395

May 13, 2012
Not G. Ivingname said:
It is nice that they got everyone back. I do have to wonder, why are they doing this now?

The show has a cult following, but it hasn't been on the air in awhile (although this game doesn't look like it has the highest budgets ever). I am wondering if Netflix has finally decided to make new episodes of the show, or are using the game to judge the interest in the series.

They just made an anime about Giant robots, for crap sake.

Knights of Sidonia isn't actually a Netflix Original like House of Cards or Orange is the New Black. It's given the Netflix Original title because the Dub is exclusive to Netflix, it came out two weeks after the series finished in Japan.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
It loos kind of, uhm... cheap o_O

More like a cheap tie in than an actual game.

Then again, if I'm gonna look on the bright side of it, a more scaled down, simplistic MMO could be a good idea. Most fully fledged MMOs are so expensive to produce they end up playing it safe and become bland WoW clones anyway.

Still, I would much rather have seen a game where the players took on a variety of crew roles and teamed up, as opposed to everyone being captains. If they're doing it this way it almost seems a little beit of a waste to make it an online game.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
ImBigBob said:
I do not see this game turning out well at all. As popular as Firefly is in nerd circles, there's no way it has a following large enough to sustain an MMO. Elder Scrolls is WAY bigger than Firefly, and look how ESO turned out.
It might have a better chance if it didn't look like something that came out over 10 years ago (I'm not just talking graphics either). Known IP isn't really a big deal, it's much more important to have a good game on the table, but sadly, this does not even look "somewhat decent".

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Fr0stbyt395 said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
It is nice that they got everyone back. I do have to wonder, why are they doing this now?

The show has a cult following, but it hasn't been on the air in awhile (although this game doesn't look like it has the highest budgets ever). I am wondering if Netflix has finally decided to make new episodes of the show, or are using the game to judge the interest in the series.

They just made an anime about Giant robots, for crap sake.

Knights of Sidonia isn't actually a Netflix Original like House of Cards or Orange is the New Black. It's given the Netflix Original title because the Dub is exclusive to Netflix, it came out two weeks after the series finished in Japan.
Ooh, I understand now.

Still, I am betting Netflix paid to make the dub or something like that, just like how Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a "Netflix original" but they only paid for the last season.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
BlackStar42 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Jesus, stop calling it "verse".

Ain't no power in the 'verse can stop me.
I meant the people in the trailer. I didn't realize it was a thing in the show, but then I keep forgetting that Joss Whedon wrote Buffy.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
please dont be real. please stop destroying firefly legacy. if this comes out firefly will likely not be the meme of TV world anymore because people who havent seen the show will see the game and their opinion will forever be tainted for the word. Its like when i saw twillight before the twilling zone and now whenever i think about twillnig zone (great show) i remmeber twilling (sparkling vampires fuck you)