Firemen?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Is it true that firemen have always put out fires? Didn't firemen used to start fires to keep us safe from harmful knowledge a long time ago?

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Are you doing a Fahrenheit thing?
More of a Rankine thing.
I'm seeing Fahreinheit 451 only backwards, but I'm not seeing why.
You can't see why because you can't read symbolism.
Only thing I know is the name is totally misleading. I met one once, dude wasn't even on fire.
Exactly, this is what I'm saying.
Maybe come down from the high before posting next time
I've never been more sober.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The point I'm trying to make is that technology is making people stupid and complacent and we need firemen to come and spray our houses with water to ruin all our electronics so that people can be happy again.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The point I'm trying to make is that technology is making people stupid and complacent and we need firemen to come and spray our houses with water to ruin all our electronics so that people can be happy again.
...yes, absolutely nothing at all beneficial due to technological civilization. We'll all be better dying in our 40-50s due to treatable conditions, provided we have methods of spotting them (those cursed electronics), plunge into financial chaos and anarchy (more than we already are) due to the collapse of a globally interwoven economic system now gone. Widespread famine due to lack of coordination of food crops that are outsourced to other sectors of the globe. Loss of mass transit systems, effectively locking all of humanity down into isolated pockets, forcing those who have to commute to survive (probably to one of those cursed electronic jobs!) to likely die for lack of reliable income.

But hey, twitter and snapchat are obnoxious, and you hate seeing teenagers twerking on a phone camera that's not turned sideways, so I guess it all evens out, those pros and cons. *rolls eyes*

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
...yes, absolutely nothing at all beneficial due to technological civilization. We'll all be better dying in our 40-50s due to treatable conditions, provided we have methods of spotting them (those cursed electronics), plunge into financial chaos and anarchy (more than we already are) due to the collapse of a globally interwoven economic system now gone. Widespread famine due to lack of coordination of food crops that are outsourced to other sectors of the globe. Loss of mass transit systems, effectively locking all of humanity down into isolated pockets, forcing those who have to commute to survive (probably to one of those cursed electronic jobs!) to likely die for lack of reliable income.

But hey, twitter and snapchat are obnoxious, and you hate seeing teenagers twerking on a phone camera that's not turned sideways, so I guess it all evens out, those pros and cons. *rolls eyes*
I'm glad you agree. Always nice to talk to someone sensible enough to see the technological scourge for what it is.

Just the other day I saw a woman listening to the radio while walking her dog! Her husband was guiding her down curbs as she was completely oblivious to the world around her. It was unbelievable. She should have been reading a book!

Reactions: MrCalavera

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
They once said books would rot your brain

Not saying your not wrong about 'stupid and complacent'. It's just the same problem we had since the printing press

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
They once said books would rot your brain

Not saying your not wrong about 'stupid and complacent'. It's just the same problem we had since the printing press
Hmm, you're right. Maybe it would be for the best if the firemen burnt the books with fire and then used the water to ruin the electronics. You can only be truly happy using the purest power of your imagination.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Hmm, you're right. Maybe it would be for the best if the firemen burnt the books with fire and then used the water to ruin the electronics. You can only be truly happy using the purest power of your imagination.
Better burn the house down as well. We aren't self sufficient anymore because houses protect us