Firm Asks Microsoft to Stop Dragging Xbox Down

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
toastmaster2k8 said:
Imagine if Valve could be able to bring its magic to the Xbox 360.
Imagine if Valve made a console...Imagine...

Goldman Sachs doing something that doesn't involve stealing money? And it's a good idea? Whaaaa? Is it backwards day on Planet Glorbna?

OT: I could go for this. Plus with Xbox not being associated with Microsoft, more people could be brought into it because a lot of gamers don't like Xbox because they are with Microsoft. My firend is one of them. He hates anything dealing with MS.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Somebody clearly isn't familiar with Microsoft's long-term plans. The Xbox isn't just a gaming device to them. It's part of their long-term vision for some kind of integrated entertainment and computing hub. Meanwhile, the Xbox benefits a lot from Microsoft's vast technical infrastructure.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Eh, I may agree with this, but mainly because of Kinect.
It may not seem like it, but it's a huge gamble, if it fails it could be devastating, and given its launch library, it'll most likely fail among the Xbox's current "hardcore" audiences, if the devs can't pull up sone decent games for the damn thing, and if it fails to grab a portion of the Wii's audience, it'll just plain fail.

I haven't seen the general impression for Sony's Move, but I'm assuming the same rules apply.

N7 Ruiz

Nov 23, 2009
I dont trust goldman I had to help these morons with there dumb ideas I trust Mircosoft

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
RatRace123 said:
Eh, I may agree with this, but mainly because of Kinect.
It may not seem like it, but it's a huge gamble, if it fails it could be devastating, and given its launch library, it'll most likely fail among the Xbox's current "hardcore" audiences, if the devs can't pull up sone decent games for the damn thing, and if it fails to grab a portion of the Wii's audience, it'll just plain fail.
Panzer Dragoon, Steel Battalion, and a Rez sequel are all coming to Kinect. I hope that there are more such in the pipe (an RTS would be interesting) but that's a promising start.

-- Steve

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
They probably just want to snap the Xbox brand up and Microsoft is too much for them to take along with it and still maintain their cushy bailout bonuses. I'm certain they have an ulterior motive. At any rate, seeing as they engineered our current economic crisis (it seems intentionally from their internal documents) I'm not sure they're the most scrupulous individuals to be taking advice from. For that matter, MS has spent a lot of resources on development and advertising. Why in the world would they cut the brand off when it's turning a profit?

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
RUINER ACTUAL said:
toastmaster2k8 said:
Imagine if Valve could be able to bring its magic to the Xbox 360.
Imagine if Valve made a console...Imagine...

Goldman Sachs doing something that doesn't involve stealing money? And it's a good idea? Whaaaa? Is it backwards day on Planet Glorbna?

OT: I could go for this. Plus with Xbox not being associated with Microsoft, more people could be brought into it because a lot of gamers don't like Xbox because they are with Microsoft. My firend is one of them. He hates anything dealing with MS.
This isn't a good idea, this is a terrible idea. The XBox is only a successful brand because Microsoft is behind it and shares technology between the XBox and Windows platforms. The 360 is incredibly easy to develop for, and Windows development from existing XBox code (or vice-versa) is easy.

That technology sharing is free now, but I guarantee it would cost substantially more than half-million dollars a year if these were two separate entities.

This is the same short-sighted nonsense that Goldman was spouting when they grabbed our ankles and pulled us into the gaping maw of economic hell.

--

I would like for people who "hate anything dealing with MS" to stay the hell away from my tech. That line of thinking shows an incredible lack of intelligent thought.