First Borderlands DLC Expansion Detailed

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Every other news site has said that the content is actually called The Zombie Island of Dr. Zed. As in zombie. You know, the nickname for a zombie is a zed?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Awesome.Some more Borderlands to go with the Borderlands.Now i can play even more of it when it comes out.

Helimocopter

Oct 5, 2009
Credge said:
Every other news site has said that the content is actually called The Zombie Island of Dr. Zed. As in zombie. You know, the nickname for a zombie is a zed?
i think there is already a character in Fyrestone names doctor zed

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Is this some kind of new trend?Announcing DLC before the game even launches?Seems sort of myopic to me. The initial product could suck. That would be a lot of wasted manpower.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
New from EA, a new yet unannounced original IP, unknown release date. A man who can change his shape into cars, helicopters and tanks goes on a rampage to avenge his murdered family.
An EA spokesman had this to say; We have absolutely no idea what this game will look like, what systems it will be on or how to implement half the features we want in this game, but we can tell you that 6 DLC expansions have already been finalised.

I hate DLCs, it's usually the best stuff for a game that the company tries to milk extra money out of you for when it just could have easily been included in the game from the beginning.

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
It's not even out and they're planning DLC?
Well i hope it's planning, i hate when dev teams with hold content then release it as DLC. Though i suppose if this game sells well (i think it will) the gamers will be grateful.

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
Awesum about the content.
feel its a dickmove to advertise non-free DLC before release.

Since its zombie related, perhaps have advertised then released oct 29th.

Wrann

Sep 22, 2009
I just hope they are the slow zombies that shamble and are only a huge threat by there huge increase in numbers.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Again, i love gearbox. They have made some of my most beloved game but this is outrageous. How can you sell a product if not all the complete content is in it?
It's like selling a car without any tires because the car shop would like more money and fuck me! I am going to buy this and new tires!

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Now that is awesome. Borderlands is sounding better and better by the minute. Hundreds of hours of gameplay in an apocalyptic wasteland....hundreds upon hundreds of guns....psychic Sirens that can kill people with their brains... and now this...this is like Fallout on crack. *adds game to list of games-to-buy*

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Stop it people, I don't like looking forward to games, it makes me feel sad that I have nothing else to look forward to. :'(

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Zombies aren't the most creative, but damn they're fun. I love zombies and this actually sounds like a pretty fun idea. I'll probably be willing to shell out 800 Microsoft points for it.