First Borderlands DLC Expansion Detailed

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
sgtshock said:
Sounds cool, but am I the only one a little nervous about this trend of announcing expansion packs before the game is even out? Wouldn't it make more sense to put those creative resources towards finishing the game before you start the DLC?
this. starting to get pissed off with DLC. for someone who's cheap like me its just going to mean not buying a game until they release the version with all the extra content like the upcoming fallout 3 GOTY edition.

DLC is rapidly becoming a way of coning people out of extra money, like far cry 2's DLC was simply extra guns and car or two and blatently made at the same time as the rest of the game.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Isn't DLC budgeted separately from the rest of the game? If they just put it in the game, they'd make a loss. It's still a business really.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
LewsTherin said:
Tell me again why they couldn't just package this into the game?
You see,

B is for Borderlands,D is for the DLC and A is for awesome.

If B were in the same place as D,it would cause too much A,in simple terms,

B+D= Too much A.

So that is why they have to be separate.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
This scares me a bit. First off the fact that they announced the DLC before the game has even come out and second because it is zombies. To me it looks like a desperate attempt to get attention from the community. This could mean it is going to bomb because it is not getting enough press or it is going to bomb because the game sucks, and in a last effort attempt they announce zombies.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
My big issue with DLC is this: I'm planning to buy this game on the PC (likely pre-ordering it via Steam). All of my friends, however, are going to be buying this on their 360s. So this creates a precarious scenario for me. What happens if they start buying DLC and I want to play with them while at their place, but since my account won't have the DLC that I don't want to buy twice, I can't?

Fallout 3 had the same problem. I've purchased all the DLC, and even had to do-so via Microsoft's own service, and yet when I load the game-up on my friend's system with the exact same account, it refuses to accept that I've paid for the content. I would have to buy it twice. The kicker was when Bethesda announced that they wanted to reward players who purchased all 5 DLC packs... but only those who did so via the 360.

There's all these great games coming-out that have fun online modes, and more with DLC that requires a payment, and yet with every console insisting on using it's own online format, it's like we're not really connected at all unless everyone you know happens to prefer the exact same console. :/

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
sgtshock said:
Sounds cool, but am I the only one a little nervous about this trend of announcing expansion packs before the game is even out? Wouldn't it make more sense to put those creative resources towards finishing the game before you start the DLC?
...the game comes out in 3 days. I think that is soon enough

Besides Dragon Age has already announced DLC coming out for the game, the day the actual game releases as well. If you have DLC coming out on the day the actual game is being released, why not just put it in the game

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Xero Scythe said:
LewsTherin said:
Tell me again why they couldn't just package this into the game?
because they are greedy bastards who wanna make a quick buck.
The game comes out in three fucking days.....actually just read my other post

thel1st

Apr 8, 2009
sgtshock said:
the game comes out in 2 days, i think the game is done...

also YAY to the expansion pack if it adds to the map
NAY if it doesn't

this is why i lied fallout three's expansions over red facitons

I love both RF and FO3 equally
They are both open world action games
but fallouts added to the gaming world though a train or boat or whatever

red factions you had to load it form the menu and it was a different game

i hope for the former in the zombie expansion

ERadical

Aug 30, 2009
Are Zombies becoming the new WW2 for games? I'm not complaining, there isn't anything better that killing a load of zombies with over half a million different weapons but still next there will be a Need for Speed: Fast and Undead (copy righted ;))

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Why would you say you had dlc before the game even came out? I am starting to dislike games releasing the basic core game and then slowly giving you what they should have had at the start while making you pay money for it.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I'm looking forward to this game, but I can't figure out why *looks pensive, then snaps fingers happily* Wait a minute...

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
keybird said:
ucciolord1 said:
Tom Goldman said:
ucciolord1 said:
Tom Goldman said:
Borderlands has lots of guns in it.
Yah think?
Yup.
Congratulations: you are now an officially certified intellectual.
Around 4,500 I believe
4,500 guns is that? If so, you'd be very wrong, they stopped counting around the 17 million mark. If you're not refering to guns or that was simply a typo, feel free to tell my self righteous arse to shove it.

OT: Wow. Normally I hate DLC but... Well... Borderlands now has zombies, I don't think anything else is relevant.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I realy dont think this matters since the game comes out in 2 days (or at least where i live it is). The game looks great and its hard to go wrong with zombies, as long as there is a new area with new enimies (and new guns) i wont mind paying $10 for the expansion.