First Borderlands DLC Expansion Detailed

Pyotr Romanov

Jul 8, 2009
Looks cool, but why would there be new guns? weren't the guns supposed to be generated? Did they just leave the generator program thing on for a few more minutes or something?
Well, whatever, I certainly don't mind extra guns.

Fniff said:
LewsTherin said:
Tell me again why they couldn't just package this into the game?
You see,

B is for Borderlands,D is for the DLC and A is for awesome.

If B were in the same place as D,it would cause too much A,in simple terms,

B+D= Too much A.

So that is why they have to be separate.
Hmmm... that seems logical, I agree.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Xero Scythe said:
LewsTherin said:
because they are greedy bastards who wanna make a quick buck.
I'm going to say this in very simple terms so you can understand it properly.

Games are usually finished a couple of months before the release. The rest of that time will be spent on certification (bug fixes, testing etc). They can't add anything else to the game, it's gone gold. This means that the writers, artists and level designers have bugger all to do. They design DLC then. If they add it in the game, it will delay it by months.

Why the hell are people so opposed to extra content? The developer has completed the game, they could just be done with it then. But they decide to add it extra content for you and you start bitching? I'm throwing up a little right now.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
"The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned?"

I have wanted Borderlands since the first day I heard of it, but come on, that name sucks!

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
Xero Scythe said:
LewsTherin said:

Games are usually finished a couple of months before the release. The rest of that time will be spent on certification (bug fixes, testing etc). They can't add anything else to the game, it's gone gold. This means that the writers, artists and level designers have bugger all to do. They design DLC then. If they add it in the game, it will delay it by months.

Why the hell are people so opposed to extra content? The developer has completed the game, they could just be done with it then. But they decide to add it extra content for you and you start bitching? I'm throwing up a little right now.
...uh, buddy, you do realize it was a joke, right?

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Xero Scythe said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Xero Scythe said:
LewsTherin said:

Was it? Bollocks, sorry :) I've been reading a lot of comments like this all over the place, the ignorance was hurting me. I kind of snapped. My apologies for that, then.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
What? why are people complaining? The devs have made the game, and are now planning more content. Its not like they took it out and said "you can pay more for this".

I just realised why i hate even fellow gamers

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Xero Scythe said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Xero Scythe said:
[...]
You forgot to put in the emoticon. Or the tags. Since there are indeed some people who truly believe that sort of thing (or believe you when you appear to be saying it as well), it's unsurprising that you got the reaction you did. If you remember the emoticons next time, then all this messy confusion goes away... :)

WhiteTigerShiro said:
My big issue with DLC is this: I'm planning to buy this game on the PC (likely pre-ordering it via Steam).
The other interesting question is: will the DLC even be available for PC? It seems fairly random as to whether that is the case for any given game. (And even when it is, you often have to jump through extra hoops, like with the Fallout 3 case you mentioned.)

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
keybird said:
sgtshock said:
Sounds cool, but am I the only one a little nervous about this trend of announcing expansion packs before the game is even out? Wouldn't it make more sense to put those creative resources towards finishing the game before you start the DLC?
...the game comes out in 3 days. I think that is soon enough

Besides Dragon Age has already announced DLC coming out for the game, the day the actual game releases as well. If you have DLC coming out on the day the actual game is being released, why not just put it in the game
Okay, say it with me:
"Games are finished months before release"

You finish the game, then whilst making all the discs, printing the manuals etc. you make the DLC. If they were to put the Dragon Age DLC into the game this would delay the release.

How do you not get this?

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
The game isn't even out yet and they've already announced the DLC? If you're going to purposely withdraw content from a game then don't do it so blatantly.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
StevieWonderMk2 said:
keybird said:
sgtshock said:
Sounds cool, but am I the only one a little nervous about this trend of announcing expansion packs before the game is even out? Wouldn't it make more sense to put those creative resources towards finishing the game before you start the DLC?

Besides Dragon Age has already announced DLC coming out for the game, the day the actual game releases as well. If you have DLC coming out on the day the actual game is being released, why not just put it in the game
Okay, say it with me:

You finish the game, then whilst making all the discs, printing the manuals etc. you make the DLC. If they were to put the Dragon Age DLC into the game this would delay the release.

How do you not get this?
If the game was finished months before release why wouldnt they know that they would finish the DLC and release it the day of the game release. They could go back and update it seeing as the game has been completed for months.

Let me put it this way, people are pissed off because im sure most people would rather have the game pushed back a few weeks, than DLC that COULD have been in the game for an extra 10$

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
keybird said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
keybird said:
sgtshock said:

Okay, say it with me:

How do you not get this?
If the game was finished months before release why wouldnt they know that they would finish the DLC and release it the day of the game release. They could go back and update it seeing as the game has been completed for months.

Let me put it this way, people are pissed off because im sure most people would rather have the game pushed back a few weeks, than DLC that COULD have been in the game for an extra 10$
Again, how are you not getting this? They CAN'T put it in the game. They are currently PRINTING THE GAME. If they add anything more to the game they need to START AGAIN and print an ENTIRELY NEW run. DELAYING the game.

Criticise the concept of DLC all you want, but DLC released the same time as the game could not be put in the game

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
StevieWonderMk2 said:
keybird said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
keybird said:
sgtshock said:

Okay, say it with me:

How do you not get this?

Again, how are you not getting this? They CAN'T put it in the game. They are currently PRINTING THE GAME. If they add anything more to the game they need to START AGAIN and print an ENTIRELY NEW run. DELAYING the game.

Criticise the concept of DLC all you want, but DLC released the same time as the game could not be put in the game
That's a fucking lie

Seriously, how are you not getting this. They have DLC coming out in a month, when the game is released, chances are the DLC is completed too. They wouldn't have to start from scratch, they could just update it.

I don't hate DLC. It adds more to a game that I probably would'nt play that much. I HATE the fact that if they had months to spare from the game release, and a DLC takes 3-4 weeks depending on the size, PUT IT IN THE FUCKING GAME

Let me put it this way, pay 70$ for the FULL VERSION of the game or wait another month. Face it, they are just greedy bastards who want peoples money

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
keybird said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
keybird said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
keybird said:
sgtshock said:

Okay, say it with me:

How do you not get this?

That's a fucking lie

Seriously, how are you not getting this. They have DLC coming out in a month, when the game is released, chances are the DLC is completed too. They wouldn't have to start from scratch, they could just update it.

I don't hate DLC. It adds more to a game that I probably would'nt play that much. I HATE the fact that if they had months to spare from the game release, and a DLC takes 3-4 weeks depending on the size, PUT IT IN THE FUCKING GAME

Let me put it this way, pay 70$ for the FULL VERSION of the game or wait another month. Face it, they are just greedy bastards who want peoples money
Wait, do you mean patch it in? Becuase it CANNOT go on the disc (unless of course you're being slightly paranoid and saying they had the DLC finished months in advance).
Or are you just ssaying they should patch it in for free?

And of course they want your money, they're trying to turn a profit. If the DLC was integral to the game I could share your frustration, but as it is it's an entirely optional extra.

Stop ranting about the "full version" of the game. If you complain that they've taken stuff out to charge your for it, surely you can complain about paying full price for a short game. Or a not very good game. Heck, lets price games at a percentage of the full price depending on the metacritic scores.

Reg0

Dead Eye
Jun 15, 2009
they still need to fix a few things with the current retail version, with regards to the pc, forwarding ports to host and all that kinda thing

but i was pretty excited to hear there will be more than a brick wall of vault farming if i even make it that far, the add-on is some sort of initiative at least