First COD 5 details announced.

shakeslol

Oct 17, 2007
oh and if you're interested, i give you the greatest feat of historical inaccuracy ever. always makes me chuckle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-571_%28film%29

Sgt. Gunlock

May 27, 2008
Neeko Masochist said:
Please, I wish these developers would just let the COD and all bloody WW games alone. It's over, finished, kaput. I'm so sick and tired of seeing all these stupid World War games coming out. Why do the Americans have to keep chugging out game after game after game depicting the World War when half the world just wants to forget about it and MOVE ON.

There are hundreds of games out ther you could be playing, go find a games shop and dig through the Bargain Bin (As it's called over here) I've found some great games which don't involve a World War. Zone of Enders, The Seed: Warzone, Drakengard and Chaos Legion all for PS2. They are GOOD games if you can get off your arse for 5 minutes to pull the stupid COD disks from your XBox, Playstation and what other console you have them on and snap them all in half only to be used as shurikens to kill anyone who ever tried to buy another COD game again. Or better yet, stick on some black attire and go show the developers of COD your point.

Oh, I have a better idea. Join the army and then run through a mine field, then I hope you'll understand that war isn't meant to be a game. Not especially wars which actually happened. You want to play a war game, play Age of Empires, Rome: Total War or play one of the game from the X-Universe (X2: The Threat, X3 Reunion.) Better yet, why don't you play Civilisation 3 or 4. Play Dungeon Keeper 2 if you want something fun, dark and challenging. Play Earth 2150 or it's counterparts if you want to have a serious challenge on your hands, go up against 13 Expert UCS computer AI's then you have your challenge. I have a better Idea, why don;t you go bloody play Homeworld or Homeworld 2, the BEST EVER Space Real-time strategy games.
well they said "World war" they didn't say one or two

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
shakeslol said:
oh and if you're interested, i give you the greatest feat of historical inaccuracy ever. always makes me chuckle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-571_%28film%29
Lol what next Dieppe was successful?

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Sgt. Gunlock said:
Neeko Masochist said:
Please, I wish these developers would just let the COD and all bloody WW games alone. It's over, finished, kaput. I'm so sick and tired of seeing all these stupid World War games coming out. Why do the Americans have to keep chugging out game after game after game depicting the World War when half the world just wants to forget about it and MOVE ON.

There are hundreds of games out ther you could be playing, go find a games shop and dig through the Bargain Bin (As it's called over here) I've found some great games which don't involve a World War. Zone of Enders, The Seed: Warzone, Drakengard and Chaos Legion all for PS2. They are GOOD games if you can get off your arse for 5 minutes to pull the stupid COD disks from your XBox, Playstation and what other console you have them on and snap them all in half only to be used as shurikens to kill anyone who ever tried to buy another COD game again. Or better yet, stick on some black attire and go show the developers of COD your point.

Oh, I have a better idea. Join the army and then run through a mine field, then I hope you'll understand that war isn't meant to be a game. Not especially wars which actually happened. You want to play a war game, play Age of Empires, Rome: Total War or play one of the game from the X-Universe (X2: The Threat, X3 Reunion.) Better yet, why don't you play Civilisation 3 or 4. Play Dungeon Keeper 2 if you want something fun, dark and challenging. Play Earth 2150 or it's counterparts if you want to have a serious challenge on your hands, go up against 13 Expert UCS computer AI's then you have your challenge. I have a better Idea, why don;t you go bloody play Homeworld or Homeworld 2, the BEST EVER Space Real-time strategy games.
Hmm...

Maybe both. Eastern front in WWI, Pacific in WWII.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Hate America, blah, blah. Bandwagons are so tiresome. It's reached the point where you can't even talk about video games in a post about video games. If you made the same points in a reasonable way, you know, like a regular person, I'd probably agree with some of you.

I have high hopes for this game, despite Treyarch. I really didn't think CoD 3 multiplayer was that bad (work on the campaign portion, fellas)...

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Sgt. Gunlock said:
Well, Japanese enemies in jungle environments with, hell, FLAMETHROWERS AS WEAPONS, completely rings "Hmm... Could be WWI or WWII." Because Japan totally fought in the jungle against us in WWI. Get your head out of your ass, boy.

I want this on DS, Wii (Treyarch claims to be trying to get the graphics to look like 360 and PS3), 360, and the PC, in this order: PC, DS, Wii, 360.

I'm excited to see the whole new AI. Could be interesting in other games. Maybe Combine soldiers in Episode 3 that can swim? [/sarcasm, although I really wanna see that AI]

Snidenightshade

Jun 5, 2008
x434343 said:
Umm, I think we should back off.

They got the CoD4 engine up and running on the Wii. That, in itself, is amazing. The next step would be seeing if Source works on the Wii, Unreal engine 2, ect. This could be a LOT better than we think.
i dout that the Wii controls will be harder than Computer

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
I do agree with a lot of points here. The WW2 thing is a bit tired now but as long as people keep buying then they will keep making - just like FF.

Saying that I wouldn't mind a CoD from the German perspective, maybe like the film Cross of Iron but then again I don't think it would sell.

CartoonHead

Jun 12, 2008
The WW2 setting in games is getting very, very old now especially in FPS's. How about a Vietnam-based COD? Maybe Korea?
WW1 would be interesting but would probably get a little tiresome (if it was in any way historically accurate) looking at mud, trench, bodies, rats, mud, trench, etc. over and over again. I don't think the Somme would be very fun either: "over the top lads, you can walk across! - oh wait maxim machine guns...bugger". RESTART LEVEL?.

CartoonHead

Jun 12, 2008
nightfish said:
Saying that I wouldn't mind a CoD from the German perspective, maybe like the film Cross of Iron but then again I don't think it would sell.
I second that, as Sturmtruppen or Wermacht maybe (not Nazis) apart from the fact you would probably have to spend half the game trying not to freeze your bollocks off in in a bloody Russian winter...brrr.