First Crysis 2 DLC Coming Soon

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
First Crysis 2 DLC Coming Soon

EA has taken the wraps off the Retaliation Map Pack, the first Crysis 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Crysis-2-Pc/dp/B002BS47YE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305044049&sr=8-3] DLC release that's coming in just one week.

Gamers who just can't get enough of Being the Weapon will soon be able to get it on across four brand-new maps thanks to the upcoming Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack. Four new multiplayer maps are included, all set in the ruins of New York City: you'll battle hard on Park Avenue, ambush the enemy in Transit, unload your weapons at the Shipyard and break your enemies in the Compound.

Details are pretty light at this point but based on the new trailer it will feature large men in high-tech suits shooting at each other across a ruined cityscape. Pricing has not yet been announced but the DLC is scheduled to come out for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 simultaneously. The PS3 ride might be a bit bumpy, however, for reasons that I should no longer have to explain. (Hint: search for "psn down.")

Source: MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44241/EA-reveals-first-Crysis-2-DLC]

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
HAHA I called it Crytek you crooks. There will be DLC before PC features promised before launch are even patched in. Sell out devs catering to consoles and jumping on the COD $15-20 for 4 maps DLC bandwagon.

Glad I didn't buy this. Loved Crysis and Warhead, but this one I won't play until its gifted to me or its in the $5 bargin bin. Crytek is dead to me.

Tigurus

Apr 14, 2009
I rather want to play that game normally than pay for a map pack.
It still feels sluggish and I still get disconnected for no reason.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Tigurus said:
Me too. I was kinda hoping that connection issue had been fixed by now, I've been absent for a couple of weeks at least. Are you playing the Steam version? What OS are you running?
OT: If this costs money I will be a bit disappointed. But really, I don't play MP, for the above reason, so I'm rather indifferent to all this. Give me some single player stuff Crytek.

dryg

Feb 8, 2009
First they make some shitty consoleport and now they want us to pay for maps?!

Tigurus

Apr 14, 2009
brunothepig said:
Tigurus said:
Me too. I was kinda hoping that connection issue had been fixed by now, I've been absent for a couple of weeks at least. Are you playing the Steam version? What OS are you running?
OT: If this costs money I will be a bit disappointed. But really, I don't play MP, for the above reason, so I'm rather indifferent to all this. Give me some single player stuff Crytek.
Non-steam version and Windows 7.
I also bet it will costs money and that for only 4 maps. Would be bad if it would also costs 15? like Call of Duty. Bah...

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
Damn Crytek for focusing on the platform that is most likely to give them money shame on them!

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I didn't buy crysis 2 for a number of reasons relating to connectivity and crashing issues in the MP and the SP no lnoger feeling as fluid as the first. Good job Crytek, releasing a COD-esque-pay-15$-to-play map pack is just adding to my list of problems with the game.