First Episode of Mortal Kombat Web Show Steps Into the Ring

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
After watching this and Spawn there no way I'm going to factory with Micheal Jai White

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
It was alright. Slow motion was used entirely too much, the characters didn't get a lot of characterization, and Michael Jai White's acting doesn't seem to extend beyond making a meanie face.

Still, it all has to start somewhere, and there really wasn't any place for a legitimate performance to fit in this bundle of exposition and gunfire. I'll keep watching.

lightsier

Nov 29, 2009
It was okay, but to me it feels like something Sony Pictures would do. As in trying to create something to appeal to a broader audience with brief mentions or Mortal Kombat things. I know it's the first episode but it's a so-so episode.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
Maxman3002 said:
Awsome first episode. Also hoping a lot that the explosion at the end has screwed up Jax's arms and Kano's face :)

Didnt have a whole lot to do with mortal kombat story line so far beyond 3 people and a gang having the same names as people from the series and the 3 main ones looking a little like them. Cant expect to much from a first episode though. Hoping to see more characters and more of the contest as it goes through the episodes
Actually it's 4 characters. The other cop that Jax was working with was Striker. Also, the cybernetic stuff was an obvious reference to Cyrax or one of those guys.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good. The slo-mo at the end with Sonya was completely useless and stupid but otherwise I liked it.

Maxman3002

Steampunked
Jul 25, 2009
Pyode said:
Maxman3002 said:
Awsome first episode. Also hoping a lot that the explosion at the end has screwed up Jax's arms and Kano's face :)

Didnt have a whole lot to do with mortal kombat story line so far beyond 3 people and a gang having the same names as people from the series and the 3 main ones looking a little like them. Cant expect to much from a first episode though. Hoping to see more characters and more of the contest as it goes through the episodes
Actually it's 4 characters. The other cop that Jax was working with was Striker. Also, the cybernetic stuff was an obvious reference to Cyrax or one of those guys.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good. The slo-mo at the end with Sonya was completely useless and stupid but otherwise I liked it.
I was under the impression that all the cybernetic stuff was what kano wears now that half his face was blow off in that explosion (fingers crossed)

They said in the video that there was a cybernetic eye that could focus into a lazer (kanos special move) and I thought the helmet would be cut in half for kanos head?

Didnt get that that was striker though, he looks thinner in real life :p
Also needs to get a baseball cap :)

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
HankMan said:
NICE! Jeri Ryan's still got it.
Also: <color= red>Red Eye!
I'da dropped Kano on that grenade Zangief style and used him to absorb the blast
Im not the only one to think of that? huh...

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT THINKS THIS IS AN ABOMINATION AND IS MAKING A MOCKERY OF MORTAL KOMBAT??!!!?!!!!!?!?!!!????!?!?!?!??!

Enrathi

Aug 10, 2009
thecoreyhlltt said:
AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT THINKS THIS IS AN ABOMINATION AND IS MAKING A MOCKERY OF MORTAL KOMBAT??!!!?!!!!!?!?!!!????!?!?!?!??!
Why yes, it seems you are, but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I think it's decent. It's the first episode of a 12 part series, so there's not going to be a whole lot of action yet, they are trying to develop the characters at least a little. I think it's got a good start, but they need to knock off the slow-mo. It's not a bad technique, but it was way overused in the 10 minute episode. Other than that, seems like a good intro to me and I'll watch at least a few more, see if they improve any.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
Maxman3002 said:
I was under the impression that all the cybernetic stuff was what kano wears now that half his face was blow off in that explosion (fingers crossed).

They said in the video that there was a cybernetic eye that could focus into a lazer (kanos special move) and I thought the helmet would be cut in half for kanos head?
Well, I bet that cybernetic stuff will probably factor into a few different characters, possibly even Jax's arms, but the helmet they show was a definite reference to Cyrax and Co.

Didnt get that that was striker though, he looks thinner in real life :p
Also needs to get a baseball cap :)
Yea, I never would have made the connection either if Kano hadn't hadn't said his name when he was talking to Sonya.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
thecoreyhlltt said:
Have you seen the real MK movies or shows?

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
thecoreyhlltt said:
I'm with you.

This is cheap crap. It looks cheap, the dialogue is beyond shit and the fighting is abysmal.

Seriously if you were gonna get one thing right it should be the latter.

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
mindlesspuppet said:
thecoreyhlltt said:
Have you seen the real MK movies or shows?
i have, and while they weren't "that great", they were still better than this thing they're slapping an MK logo on. they've taken everything that made Mortal Kombat what it is and shit all over it. i mean why in gods name are people "ok" with the decision to make baraka a plastic surgeon gone mad? they're taking away all of the impossible, and making a washed up WB version of Mortal Kombat...

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
Ubermetalhed said:
thecoreyhlltt said:
I'm with you.

This is cheap crap. It looks cheap, the dialogue is beyond shit and the fighting is abysmal.

Seriously if you were gonna get one thing right it should be the latter.
thank you for agreeing, and on top of that, all of the butchering their doing to the actual characters... makes me sick

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
So, the MK miniseries is 90% cover based shooting, and Sonya is put cleanly into faux action girl territory. Not a pleasing start.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
The series is the brainchild of director Kevin Tancharoen, who so impressed Warner with his incredibly slick "fan film," Mortal Kombat: Rebirth, that it out him to work on a whole series.
...Normally I overlook the occasional typo, but... What the hell? They made him come out of the closet to direct the film? If that was supposed to be "got", those keys aren't even near each other.