First Fallout: New Vegas Trailer Hits the Tubes

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
well... being a fan of the Fallout universe (but not a fan of the original 2 fallouts) it will be interesting how they make things to work... that shady figure with the flag seems quite an interesting guy... hehehe

Apr 28, 2008
RanD00M said:
Irridium said:
They kept Ron Perlman?

Well hopefully we can get a perk that has him narrate the game as we play.

That would be awsome
No game could contain so much awesomeness.
You're getting ahead of yourself.
Your right, sorry.

What can I say, I like to dream big...

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Sexy Guy said:
mattttherman3 said:
Personally, I think that more people like Fallout 3 than the other 2, I happen to be one of them, oh well, can't please everyone. So I hope it's like Fallout 3.
I think the thing that the people who thought the previous enteries were superior to Fallout 3, is the witty, humrous, pop culture infused writing. The game's gameplay is more than likely to be that of Fallout 3, but to be honest, Fallout 3's writing really did'nt capture the humour and spirit of the other Two.

It's not the gameply they want changed.
Well that's good, I tried Fallout, thought it was the worst gameplay ever.

iamthehorde

Mar 2, 2009
cool, fallout 3 was somehow a let down for me. hope obsidian brings back the dark humour. i found fallout 3 to be rather depressing.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
RanD00M said:
What it din´t tell me:Anything.

What it did tell me:GET THIS GAME.AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
What it told you: THE GAME COMES OUT THIS YEAR ZOMGZ0RZ!!!!!!!! That's honestly all I needed to know.... well, would have been better to know it's coming out tomorrow, but in a realistic sense, it works for me :p

iamthehorde

Mar 2, 2009
mattttherman3 said:
Sexy Guy said:
mattttherman3 said:
Personally, I think that more people like Fallout 3 than the other 2, I happen to be one of them, oh well, can't please everyone. So I hope it's like Fallout 3.
I think the thing that the people who thought the previous enteries were superior to Fallout 3, is the witty, humrous, pop culture infused writing. The game's gameplay is more than likely to be that of Fallout 3, but to be honest, Fallout 3's writing really did'nt capture the humour and spirit of the other Two.

It's not the gameply they want changed.
Well that's good, I tried Fallout, thought it was the worst gameplay ever.
i loved the turn based strategy combat in the first entries! you could try out so many different ideas. but the whole micromanagement part sucked. it still sucks. maybe that´s why i´m disappointed with fallout 3, because for me it added nothing to the formula, i like the old combat better and the writing is certainly inferior to the first two titles, while the stuff that i didn´t like is still in the game.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
screw the bethesda haters, fallout 3 was a superb game and I thought was better than Fallout 1 and 2 COMBINED...chew on that fanboys

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
That robot kinda reminds me of Claptrap - and considering that Borderlands is basically "Fallout meets Mad Max meets Diablo meets a lot of other stuff"... LOL.

Drundy

Dec 9, 2009
Wow this game will be awesome. That dude with the helm and the pip boy is a ghoul.

UglyShirts

Feb 4, 2010
Blanks said:
Vegas was looking pretty intact there o_O
Which almost makes a sort of sense, I guess, if this follows F3 canon. I mean, in the event of nuclear exchange with the Chinese, it makes a certain amount of sense that D.C. would be rubble. It's a political and military center. The national capital. But why would an enemy button-pusher waste a warhead on Vegas? It's an entertainment destination. Maybe if the enemy were some sort of religious/moralist one instead of a political opponent, sure. "Sin City" is a cinder. But that's not the storyline F3 set up.

It'll be interesting to see which game "does" Vegas better...This one, or Dead Rising 2 (which isn't technically set in Vegas, but it's clearly the inspiration).

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
rockytheboxer said:
I'm not really thrilled with Obsidian developing it, as they have a history of taking over a franchise and not living up to expectations. But the trailer is appealing.
Holy Christ, how many times do I have to say this? Obsidian isn't "taking Fallout away" from Bethesda, they're getting it back.

Obsidian is made up of ex-Black Isle employees, including those who worked on Fallout 1&2. The only guy they don't have is Brian Fargo.

Drexler

Nov 20, 2009
Great this has intrigued me enough to go out and get fallout 1 & 2 and accually play more then 1 hour of fallout 3.... bring the hate in 3, 2, 1.