First Fallout: New Vegas Trailer Hits the Tubes

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Wait a minute, wait a minute! Isn't this the game that's supposed to have the pastel [http://www.pwnordie.com/2009/09/01/fallout-new-vegas-to-be-entirely-in-pastel-colors/] colours? I didn't see much colour at all in this trailer besides grey, brown, and yellow for light.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
game looks good pitty about the city though it just doesn't feel very fallout to me but then again fallout 1&2 had a bit of the apocalypse not [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ApocalypseNot] trope going on

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
ah another fallout game and after fallout tactics and 3, another fallout that's likely going to once again dash my hopes that they will make another fallout as epic as the first two. Thankfully obsidian had the decency to not call the game fallout 4. As far as I'm concerned everything after 2 is to fallout what crystal chronicles is to final fantasy.

Dec 16, 2009
Holy s#it it's a Fallout/Helgast crossover :p

Looks good.
New Vegas looks none apocalyptic which will make a nice contrast to the rest of the wastes.
I think Obsidian did well with KotOR 2, except for the ending which we all know was rushed, I think thats my only experience with Obsidian.
I enjoyed Fallout 3, and I heard alot of the talk about it not being a patch on 1&2, so if New Vegas ends up with the original Fallout team, hopefully great things will happen.
Although that said, I can probably wait until Winter 2011 for the GOTY Edition.

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
orangebandguy said:
I don't really see why people hate Fallout 3 so much. If anything Bethesda made it better.

I'm sure someone knows who that guy is at the end I certainly don't.
did you play any of the other ones...

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
how to make fallout 3

take a little bit from fallout 1, take a little bit from fallout 2, and mix.
take out humor, dark comedy,high brow humor , sex, violence,
add dogmeat...

repeat process to make fallout new vegas
except this time use more of fallout 2 ideas than fallout 1 ideas

sell to gamers who would eat SOAS if you told them it was SOAS 2

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Damn It!!! I was pre-emptively going to name AVP my game of the year and I see this thing! It's gonna be a tough desicion. Fallout 3 took my game of the year award for 08 and 09.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
The T.V. robot is Victor (See Vegas Vic on the screen, ahurhur?) and the guy he's digging up is the Courior, the playable character. The guy at the end is probably just some NCR soldier...

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
HEY GUYZ

After years of playing vidja games, I believe I have uncovered a profound truth of immense import and I would like to share it with you. It's about war, and it is my belief... that war never changes.

OK, well, it could be that I heard that somewhere before and just forgot about it until now, but it's philosophical enough that I feel it should be repeated about once a year in the intro to or trailer of every great new game. You won't mind, will you?

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
I love how everyone jumps and praises over Fallout 1 and 2, while condemning the newer version of it. To be frank people, the first two sucked. They were horribly unbalanced, lacked an atmosphere even close to Fallout 3's (staring top down at your character kind of creates a detachment,) and were really not fun to get into. Fallout 3 at least made the rich universe accessible to everyone by simply WALKING INTO A BOMBED OUT BUILDING. Fallout 1 and 2? Go read some overly long terminal. If this does go back to the original top down view, then I will be quite sad. Fallout 3 was a fantastic game and the best of the series.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
qbanknight said:
screw the bethesda haters, fallout 3 was a superb game and I thought was better than Fallout 1 and 2 COMBINED...chew on that fanboys
It's the fans that hate it. I think Fallout 3 is by far one of the best games seen in recent years, and that's simply because Bethesda know how to make a game.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Is it going to run on the same engine/updated version of the engine FO3 was on? Will it be another FPSRPG? If so, I'm in, though I like Bethesda more than some has-been company.