First Fallout: New Vegas Trailer Hits the Tubes

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
First Fallout: New Vegas Trailer Hits the Tubes

[video=1443]​
The first trailer for Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Xbox-360/dp/B0028IBTL6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279567989&sr=1-2] is now available, offering a tantalizing hint that the future of the franchise might mean a return to its roots.

The structure of the Fallout: New Vegas trailer is very similar to that seen in the first promos for Fallout 3: Opening with a rendition of the classic ballad "Blue Moon," it begins with a close-up of a flickering video screen, then slowly pulls back to reveal a single-wheeled robot scavenging through a barren, neglected graveyard. As the camera moves further, the city of New Vegas slowly appears in the background, but unlike the blasted husk of Washington D.C., New Vegas is brightly lit and standing tall, a shining beacon in an irradiated wasteland.

But wait! As it pulls out even further, the camera reveals a solitary figure in a long, brown jacket, staring out at the city. He's wearing a helmet and what appears to be a mask of some sort, glowing ominously red. And what's that behind him? Why, it's the flag of the New California Republic! [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_California_Republic]

Then cut to black, and somebody cue Ron.

There's really not a lot to see here, but the presence of the NCR has got to be of huge interest to fans of the series, particularly since the game is being developed by Fallout 2 [http://www.obsidianent.com/]. Will this be the Fallout game that finally satisfies the Bethesda haters? Fallout: New Vegas is slated for released in fall 2010 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Apr 28, 2008
They kept Ron Perlman?

Well hopefully we can get a perk that has him narrate the game as we play.

That would be awsome

rockytheboxer

Nov 3, 2009
I'm not really thrilled with Obsidian developing it, as they have a history of taking over a franchise and not living up to expectations. But the trailer is appealing.

orangebandguy

Jan 9, 2009
I don't really see why people hate Fallout 3 so much. If anything Bethesda made it better.

I'm sure someone knows who that guy is at the end I certainly don't.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Personally, I think that more people like Fallout 3 than the other 2, I happen to be one of them, oh well, can't please everyone. So I hope it's like Fallout 3.

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
Nothing will satisfy the bethesda haters, that's a futile quest.

The trailer looks interesting though, didn't expect that there would be power to the whole city.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
What it din´t tell me:Anything.

What it did tell me:GET THIS GAME.AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
rockytheboxer said:
I'm not really thrilled with Obsidian developing it, as they have a history of taking over a franchise and not living up to expectations. But the trailer is appealing.
I keep seeing this opinion pop up, but I don't see where it comes from.

The only games they've done so far are KotOR 2 and NWN2. KotOR 2 would have been better than the first if it wasn't for the ending getting mangled due to time/budget pressure from the publisher, and IMO the parts that didn't get mutilated were still way better than the first. Neverwinter Nights 2 was a bit buggy on release, but other than that it was better than the first in every way, especially the singleplayer component.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Irridium said:
They kept Ron Perlman?

Well hopefully we can get a perk that has him narrate the game as we play.

That would be awsome
No game could contain so much awesomeness.
You're getting ahead of yourself.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
*Picks jaw up off the floor*
Oh yes this is wayyyyy too awesome. :D

Also I knew they'd fall for the charms of my magnificent music eventually.