May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Post your first Gen 9 Console reviews!
First one I've seen dropped yesterday:

Checking for more...

EDIT

Ooooohhh!!!!

Hee hee... I like reading this, " It’s not until you fire up a game and are launched into smooth, native 4K amazingly quickly that the Series X justifies spending $500 to upgrade. "

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Fuck, it's ACG. I was looking forward to some kind of review, but that guy is a massive fuckin' moron.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Fuck, it's ACG. I was looking forward to some kind of review, but that guy is a massive fuckin' moron.
??? Love the guy!

How about Austin?

Looking for the Escapist review to post...

EDIT: ACG on Miles Morales game:

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This is a major problem for me: about double the cost of what SSD storage should cost.

There was another article saying that PS5's extra storage will be a feature at a later date and not instantly available at launch.

But actually it's only limited to SSD storage because they need to be very specific specced SSD's. The PS5 will have full HDD support at launch so you can have the extra space if you need it.

Frankly I never understood the need for all that storage because I don't keep games installed that I'm finished with. So I don't find this too big of a deal. And I think feel like Sony comes out on top with this one because so long as your drive meets requirements you can get any brand you want. Meanwhile Xbox wants you to only buy their shit and charges you extra dosh to do it.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
There was another article saying that PS5's extra storage will be a feature at a later date and not instantly available at launch.

But actually it's only limited to SSD storage because they need to be very specific specced SSD's. The PS5 will have full HDD support at launch so you can have the extra space if you need it.

Frankly I never understood the need for all that storage because I don't keep games installed that I'm finished with. So I don't find this too big of a deal. And I think feel like Sony comes out on top with this one because so long as your drive meets requirements you can get any brand you want. Meanwhile Xbox wants you to only buy their shit and charges you extra dosh to do it.
I have Gold and PS+ and have more games than I can finish... not even close. And I love switching on the fly between games. I'm bummed about this storage information. Nothing for PS5 at launch? I think Sony had this issue on launch of PS4 (no external storage).

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I have Gold and PS+ and have more games than I can finish... not even close. And I love switching on the fly between games. I'm bummed about this storage information. Nothing for PS5 at launch? I think Sony had this issue on launch of PS4 (no external storage).
I am also a guy with a huge back log on games. Like I see this one AAA game for like 20 and say alright or trippy esoteric indie title in the 15-5 range sometimes lower and say why the hell not.

This has been me since my X360 days so a decent amount of storage to handle my surges of splurges would be appreciated.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I am also a guy with a huge back log on games. Like I see this one AAA game for like 20 and say alright or trippy esoteric indie title in the 15-5 range sometimes lower and say why the hell not.

This has been me since my X360 days so a decent amount of storage to handle my surges of splurges would be appreciated.
I mean fine, but ya'll dont need every game installed at once. Part of the backlog problem is being spoiled for choice, so if you limit yourself to what's immediate available to you (aka installed) you'll fine it easier to get through your backlog.

Also the PS5 will have external HDD storage options at launch, just nothing for internal SSD until a future update.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I mean fine, but ya'll dont need every game installed at once. Part of the backlog problem is being spoiled for choice, so if you limit yourself to what's immediate available to you (aka installed) you'll fine it easier to get through your backlog.

Also the PS5 will have external HDD storage options at launch, just nothing for internal SSD until a future update.
It is true that back in the day, I had very few games simultaneously and would grind until I finished them. Course, I was younger then!

EDIT: You sold me. I'm doing this ASAP!

Reactions: CriticalGaming

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Sold you on what?
That just because I can't have all my games simultaneously loaded doesn't mean I should skip this generation. Maybe I really will be forced to focus on any game I store on the SSD.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That just because I can't have all my games simultaneously loaded doesn't mean I should skip this generation. Maybe I really will be forced to focus on any game I store on the SSD.
Oh yeah. I can pretty much guarantee you'll finish more games that way. Treat it like you are a child and you don't get a new game until you finish the old one. Or you rage quit the old one. Either way.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Oh yeah. I can pretty much guarantee you'll finish more games that way. Treat it like you are a child and you don't get a new game until you finish the old one. Or you rage quit the old one. Either way.
Even back in the day, after spending $50... when that was a ton of money for me, there were games like D&D for NES that did not get played as they were broken. $70 a game 30 years later seems a bargain by comparison. But I'll buy them sparingly.

Do you intend to get one? Both?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Even back in the day, after spending $50... when that was a ton of money for me, there were games like D&D for NES that did not get played as they were broken. $70 a game 30 years later seems a bargain by comparison. But I'll buy them sparingly.

Do you intend to get one? Both?
I'm only gettting the PS5. I have no reason to get a Xbox because I have a gaming PC and any exclusive on that system that I give a fuck about (Forza), I'll be able to play on my PC. So PS5 is the only console I need to get to play those exclusives.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009

To be blunt....You're a self confessed loner. Triple A games regularly go north of 80g per game, and lets say you have 5 mates you play with that have different tastes. That's almost 500g, right there, if you only play just one game with each person (some do, some don't). Nearly 1tb if they each favour switching between 2 games.

That's not even touching on the idea that some people enjoy playing the game, not just completing it, and will revisit titles.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
To be blunt....You're a self confessed loner. Triple A games regularly go north of 80g per game, and lets say you have 5 mates you play with that have different tastes. That's almost 500g, right there, if you only play just one game with each person (some do, some don't). Nearly 1tb if they each favour switching between 2 games.

That's not even touching on the idea that some people enjoy playing the game, not just completing it, and will revisit titles.
To be blunt, i dont care. Not my problem.

And frankly this statement doesn't hold a lot of water. Most friend gaming groups focus on only a couple of titles at most. I can't think of very many gaming friends I know that play more than 1 or two perpetual games. Which still leaves you with plenty of space for other titles to play on your own.

Plus if you want to go back and revisit a title, then reinstall it.

We are well past the days in which you can just swap cartiridges or discs and have your entire library at your disposal 100% of the time. This is the digital world now and as a result we have to deal with storage limitations.

Name me 10 games you play all at the same time that you have to justify constantly having installed and available.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I mean I think the dudes a weiner, but what did he do to warrant "massive fucken moron"?

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker