First Guild Wars 2 Gameplay footage out

Feriluce

Apr 1, 2010
Its leaked. Its low quality. You can barely hear what the presenter says, but that doesn't make it less epic!

First footage of actually GW2 gameplay where a dev is running around in godmode (most likely testing out stuff before tomorrows reveal):

http://multiplayer.it/video/guild-wars-2-per-pc/guild-wars-2-gameplay-gamescom-2010.hi/

Edit: He states in the video that dev hax is turned on and he's invisible to the mobs. Thats why they're not reacting. Its most likely also why he does so much dmg and has so much hp.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Thanks for the youtube link; the first site wasn't working for me.

Well, other than the fact that it didn't seem like the enemies were reacting as they should to most of the attacks, it looks quite nice!

I'm really wondering what they've done with the damage system, though. He dealt 18k damage at one point which is simply insane.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Looked like they were playing on easy mode. I hope thats the reason why the harpies were "standing around, picking daisies".

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
I was watching and was like "Whys he just standing there?"

Then he did a dodge roll and turned up the badass.

Juk3n

Aug 14, 2010
skip to 3:34 on the youtube ver' looks gorgeous, i cant wait for the HD cleaned up vids so i can really see what im gonna be working with in 2011. Model animation looks awsome.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Looking good, the enemy (harpies, and those jade-y looking creeps at the beginning) seems to ignore him in a few parts, but I guess that's because it's just a demo.

Desaari

Feb 24, 2009
Sweet. I'm glad reviving takes as long as it appears to in this video. Also, is it just me or does it look like they're keeping click-to-move after all?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Desaari said:
Sweet. I'm glad reviving takes as long as it appears to in this video. Also, is it just me or does it look like they're keeping click-to-move after all?
I didn't see any click-to-move...-ing, though I may not have been looking close enough. It looked to me like he was just targeting enemies by clicking on them, which seems like it'll work the same as in the first game and take your character on a B-line towards the enemy.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
cainx10a said:
Looking good, the enemy (harpies, and those jade-y looking creeps at the beginning) seems to ignore him in a few parts, but I guess that's because it's just a demo.
Its not even a demo its a dev modded version so he's got hacks on at one poitn he mentions that he's invisable so thats why the enemies arn't responding.

All in all im excited i reckon this game has potential i will keep watching ;)

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Can't wait for this game. No monthly fee is definitely enough to get me interested in an MMO but this actually legitimately looks fantastic.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I don't know if I like the fact that it appears we're well into 1000s of health points.
However:
Epic sideways jump
Epic controllable turret thing
Epic Charr.

Yay!

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Damn. They HAVE actually droppped the 8-skill build system. Well, there goes all the sophistication and skill out of the character development.

Still, I'm going to give it a chance anyway. The original IS still my favourite MMO of all time (being both the first one I've ever played and the only one I'm STILL playing) and I have great faith in ArenaNet.

Gondito

Jul 11, 2009
Davey Woo said:
I don't know if I like the fact that it appears we're well into 1000s of health points.
However:
Epic sideways jump
Epic controllable turret thing
Epic Charr.

Yay!
its because there are two demo's available. one a level 1 human and one a level 60 charr. since the level cap is so much higher (level 80) you can deal much more damage to account for everyone having more health at higher levels.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Looks great, I just hope my computer will be able to run it.... Especially since I'll be functioning off a laptop by the time this comes out...

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
looks to me like they used Aion as a jumping-off point for GW 2 and made it 3x better in the process!

now for me to be happy; i need gameplay of a sylvari ele/druid or whatever thehell they make 'em turn into

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Arcane Azmadi said:
Damn. They HAVE actually droppped the 8-skill build system. Well, there goes all the sophistication and skill out of the character development.

Still, I'm going to give it a chance anyway. The original IS still my favourite MMO of all time (being both the first one I've ever played and the only one I'm STILL playing) and I have great faith in ArenaNet.
Seconded.