First Guitar Hero: Metallica Details Rock

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
First Guitar Hero: Metallica Details Rock

Aside from an awesome track list, it seems Metallica's Guitar Hero venture will include support for double bass drumming. Now that's freakin' metal!

Folks over at the ScoreHero forums [http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85129&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight] have just posted some pretty enticing details on the upcoming Guitar Hero: Metallica reportedly culled from the pages of the new issue of Game Informer magazine. Some killer confirmed Metallica and non-Metallica tracks abound, but the addition of a new pro-level drum difficulty and extra goodies just made the game go from "meh" to "METAL!"

Guitar Hero: Metallica will amp up the experience by bringing a handful of interesting new tweaks into the game, according to the forum post. The most exciting tidbit is the addition of a new "Expert Plus" drum difficulty that supposedly allows you to use two kick pedals via a splitter to perform double bass maneuvers. That alone will likely be a deciding factor for many folks sitting on the fence about the game. A new drum fill cheat is expected to let you play freestyle drums using Metallica drum sounds.

GHTunes is also to be included and will feature exclusive instruments tones from Tom Araya's (Slayer) ESP Bass and James Hetfield's ESP Truckster guitar. Additionally, the game will be packed with DVD style content including band photos, set lists, videos, and special footage, and players will be able to watch performances of tracks that feature pop-up band trivia.

The confirmed track list so far includes 11 Metallica tunes, and some seriously shred-worthy songs by other rock and metal groups.

Confirmed Songs:

Alice In Chains: "No Excuses"
Bob Seger: "Turn The Page"
Judas Priest: "Hell Bent For Leather"
Kyuss: "Demon Cleaner"
Lynyrd Skynyrd: "Tuesdays Gone "
Mastodon: "Blood and Thunder"
Michael Schenker Group: "Armed and Ready"
Samhain: "Mother of Mercy"
The Sword: "Black River"
Other confirmed artists include Foo Fighters, Queen, and Slayer

Confirmed Metallica Tracks:

"Enter Sandman"
"For Whom The Bell Tolls"
"Fuel"
"Hit The Lights"
"King Nothing"
"Master of Puppets"
"No Leaf Clover"
"Nothing Else Matters"
"Sad But True"
"The Unforgiven"
"Where I May Roam"

Keep in mind we haven't seen the latest issue of Game Informer personally, so this information should be taken with a grain of salt until officially confirmed. Regardless, if the info pans out as expected, this game is shaping up to be a must-have for metal fans.

Nov 28, 2007
Metallica songs look good, as does the inclusion of Queen, Slayer, The Sword, Mastodon, Judas Priest, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Though I have to wonder what many of the bands are doing near a Metallica game, but meh. *relooks at list* Turn the Page?! Okay, I'm getting this.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Should have made it "Cut you up with a linoleum knife" by Mastadon. I would seriously consider getting the game just for that song.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Finally they include Master of Puppets and For Whom The Bell Tolls! I waited so long to play the bass intro on GH.

Destrin

Aug 8, 2008
How does two bass pedals qualify as 'expert plus'? It's just a different sound to double tapping the bass using a single pedal and in some ways is easier.

Also, slightly ironic given Lars' drum skills

Jackpot

Mar 21, 2008
I hate metallica. I love St anger as a comedy metal album (ala Dethklok) but...

GOD DAMN THAT SONG LIST IS AWESOME!

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Whoop! I am so there.

I was wanting this when they decided to do Aerosmith, but it never came. However now I need to get the whole shibang, and that's expensive.

ZantetsukenQ

Sep 25, 2008
Man, Theres a Mastodon track there too. Metallica +Mastodon + other metal thats awesome (hopefully) = possible warrant to buy Guitar Hero. Shit. *waves goodbye to moneyz*