First L.A. Noire Trailer in Four Years Coming Thursday

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
First L.A. Noire Trailer in Four Years Coming Thursday

Rockstar's long-dormant crime thriller will be making its first public appearance in years later this week.

Set in 1947 Los Angeles, Rockstar's L.A. Noire puts the player in the shoes of detective Cole Phelps, a man trying to do the right thing in a corrupt LAPD. Though the game - in development Down Under at Aussie studio Team Bondi - was known of way back in 2004, it's been all but missing since its last "proper" trailer in 2006.

This week, that's going to change.

Rockstar has announced that it will be releasing the first new L.A. Noire trailer in four years this coming Thursday. This will be the first new look at the game, which was originally slated for release between 2008 and 2009 - now hopefully scheduled for 2011 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103095-L-A-Noire-Retreats-Into-the-Shadows-Again].

Though L.A. Noire was originally announced as a PS3 exclusive, it was revealed earlier this year script 22 thousand pages long [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103095-L-A-Noire-Retreats-Into-the-Shadows-Again] - and a development time lasting the better part of a decade - you can't blame Rockstar for wanting to recoup its investment on as many platforms as possible, can you?

Stay tuned, guys and dolls. We'll have more on Thursday.

(Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/09/new-la-noire-trailer-coming-this-thursday/])

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Well, GTA4 disssapointed me. Red Dead Redemption renewed my love for the company as that game was absolutely brilliant.

I'l hope for the best as it looks interesting. Rockstar's take on mid 1900's crime I guess.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Finally! I love a good crime story, so I waited for every new info since I learned about this game.

Actually, I'm more hyped about it than about Mass Effect 3, Portal 2 or any other game coming anytime soon.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I walked into my office and she was there, waiting for me. Even my dog isn't that loyal. She said "Where've you been big boy? It's been a lonely few years." I wanted to tell her something smart, like it even God took six days to get it right, but when I looked into her eyes, my heart told me what my mind forgot. This dame was trouble, and I loved her all the more for it.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
AWWWW YEEEEAAH.

Can't wait to see how mildly disappointing it may or may not be.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Flamezdudes said:
Well, GTA4 disssapointed me. Red Dead Redemption renewed my love for the company as that game was absolutely brilliant.

I'l hope for the best as it looks interesting. Rockstar's take on mid 90's crime I guess.
Know your developers.

Red Dead Redemption is R* San Diego, of Midnight Club and Red Dead Revolver fame.

GTAIV, is R* North, of...GTA...fame.

R* Leeds did the handheld GTA games.

Different divisions and studios within the same company, with different ideals and goals for development.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I sincerely hope the script isn't 22,000 pages long; Rockstar don't know how to pace games as it is.

Explorator Vimes

Jun 7, 2010
Huh, I've never even heard of this game before, looks pretty swingin' or whatever the lingo was back then. This is also one of the first games to make me sad that I don't own either a PS3 or 360. I love me some film noir and detective stories. Guess I'll have to harass my buddies to both buy and then let me play it on their systems.

Rorschach II

Mar 11, 2009
Awesome. My love for Rockstar cant be tarnished. They always seem to know what direction to go in.

They started out with fun games from GTA. Then got more serious and realistic with GTA4 and came full circle with fun AND ridiculousness with Red Dead Redemption and especially Undead Nightmare.

I <3 You Rockstar.

Professor M

Jul 31, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
Rockstar's take on mid 90's crime I guess.
You mean mid 40's crime right?

So looking forward to this, thank god it was still being developed and not just swept under the rug.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Flamezdudes said:

I'l hope for the best as it looks interesting. Rockstar's take on mid 90's crime I guess.
Know your developers.

Red Dead Redemption is R* San Diego, of Midnight Club and Red Dead Revolver fame.

Different divisions and studios within the same company, with different ideals and goals for development.
you forgot Rockstar UK who made Manhunt, and R* japan who made..... nothing

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Flamezdudes said:

Know your developers.

Damn it, I knew there was something that I was missing. I knew that different developers made it but I forgot.. damn my memory. Thanks for reminding me!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
ps3 exclusive? I don't remember that rumor. They mentioned something about a ps3 game called Agent a few years ago. Are they the same game?
I dig the genre and the music but R*'s serious tone of late doesn't fit their games very well. Hopefully this will seem less pretentious than gta4 since the noir genre is always serious anyway.

Feb 13, 2010
Hopefully they got James Ellroy to write the script. That man knows how to write period L.A crime fiction; maybe R* will gives us L.A. Confidential in game form.

One thing is for sure, R* and it affiliated studios will get the aesthetic and music completely spot on. If the script is well written, we could have a potential classic on our hands *crosses fingers*