First Look at Ant-Man's Yellowjacket Revealed

NoShoes

Aug 15, 2013
First Look at Ant-Man's Yellowjacket Revealed

But is it buzzworthy?

With Marvel's Ant-Man slated to hit theaters this July, it's about time we got a more in depth look at the titular character's opponent, Darren Cross a.k.a. Yellowjacket. A first look at the main antagonist's suit shows Yellowjacket in all his shiny, giant glory going toe-to-toe with Ant-Man himself.

Director Peyton Reed has some valuable insight about the suit in question. While the "Ant-Man suit doesn't have a single weapon... Yellowjacket is armed with plasma cannons." If you're hung up on the monumental size difference between Ant-Man and his foe, Reed has an answer for that too. "Ant-Man is very fast when he's small. Also, when he shrinks, he increases his density, so he's got increased strength."

Add those abilities to the army of ants Scott Lange controls thanks to his own suit's abilities and we've certainly got the makings for some interesting battles, although I'm still a little leery of a fight that pits plasma cannons against speed, strength and an army of ants.

What do you think of Yellowjacket's new digs?

Source: Entertainment Weekly [http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/09/ant-man-preview]

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009

Honestly I don't know how good ants will be against people, but, you never know when it comes to marvel, I'm sure they will have something pretty awesome to show off to us.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Ants>Plasma Cannons. Crawl all up in there and fry the crap out of the electronics. Easy fight.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Still kinda wish they went for the big purple dude look but I can see the appeal if they do what I think they will. Suit looks cool anyway.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Reminds me a lot of that release game for the PS3, Haze, and their designs for the soldiers.

Other than making me remember sub-par shooters from long ago, I like it. Cool design and gives off an evil vibe.

gizmo2300

Jul 10, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
me like.

looks like the collectors from mass effect went to town on some dead space isaac armor.

Don't you mean Cerberus? They're the ones with all the yellow :D

Sep 14, 2009
gizmo2300 said:
gmaverick019 said:
me like.

looks like the collectors from mass effect went to town on some dead space isaac armor.

[HEADING=3]ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.[/HEADING]

lol you could be right...probably just a brain fart.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
The problem with ant man is that it's hard to convey that he's small but still expresses the same mass in film.

Now, ant man in goliath form? That we get but it often feels so very overpowered. Probably why marvel gave him a weak chin and kept killing him off.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
gizmo2300 said:
gmaverick019 said:
me like.

Cerberus was the first think I thought of when I saw it :). I like.

BayouStalker

May 31, 2011
Huh, I comletely forgot about the ant-man movie. They really haven't been pushing it as much as they have with their former properties, makes me a bit worried to be honest. Sweet picture though, Yellowjacket looks pretty awesome and I am cautiously curious to see how the size shifting power translates outside of comics.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Lightknight said:
The problem with ant man is that it's hard to convey that he's small but still expresses the same mass in film.

Now, ant man in goliath form? That we get but it often feels so very overpowered. Probably why marvel gave him a weak chin and kept killing him off.
o_O say wha? Only one Goliaths been flat out killed and that was in civil war. Pym, Barton and whatever Atlas' last name never got killed to my knowledge (knocked out shit tons, but killed I dont think so. Unless you're talking about the other Antmen and Stature but they werent so big on the Goliath and I may have gone full nerd >.>)

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Just can't get excited for this movie. The loss of Edgar Wright and the presence of Evangeline Lilly both guarantee that it's going to suck.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
Yellow/Black Iron Man. How exciting and creative of them....

Granted, I don't even have interest in seeing Age of Ultron anymore. Just get the feeling it won't be anything new.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
templar1138a said:
I still don't get the appeal of Ant Man. It's going to take a lot to convince me to see this movie.
I'm with you. I have very little interest in the character and honestly I think this will be the first Marvel movie I don't go to the movies to see since The Incredable Hulk. I hope people enjoy it, I really do but I would have rather had Doctor Strange or the Inhummans movie in this spot.

Nov 28, 2007
I'm still not convinced that the movie will not be good. I mean, Marvel made a movie with a talking raccoon and a walking tree that says all of three words...and it was easily the best movie I saw in theaters that year. I mean, will it hold up to that, or Winter Soldier? Probably not. But if anyone can pull off Ant-Man, it's current Marvel.