First Look at Fallout: New Vegas

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
First Look at Fallout: New Vegas

The Escapist gets an exclusive preview of Obsidian Entertainment's upcoming sequel to Fallout 3, produced by members of the creative team behind Fallout 1 & 2.

Read Full Article

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Great report, my hype-o-meter has shot up.

I will never forgive Obsidian for KotOR 2... but perhaps they may repent with this.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Wow; I am now hella excited (Exactly one metric hella-exicite, to be precise) about New Vegas.
Mainly "We just wanted to make sure the real time stuff was improved. So we did things to improve the responsiveness, we improved in-sight aiming so there's more connection to what your gun is shooting at."
Always just wanted to shoot shit in fallout 3.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it.

I don't usually get all hyped up about videogames, but this just has a lot of promise. Don't go letting me down now, Obsidian!

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Sounds absolutely awesome. My only problem with it is the faction segment. I dislike the whole faction-style in games, it's one of the reasons I really disliked STALKER: CS. I like F3 because there weren't any real factions you could side with, it was just good / evil.

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
My only problem so far is the "arcade game" to decide the character's stats at the beginning. I hope it isn't some really bad mini game that is frustrating or boring.

baseracer

Jul 31, 2009
thenamelessloser said:
My only problem so far is the "arcade game" to decide the character's stats at the beginning. I hope it isn't some really bad mini game that is frustrating or boring.
Its not like its going to take forever. Only 5 minutes.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
Obsidian has a history with the Fallout series, they will probably keep their promises and exceed them.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
baseracer said:
thenamelessloser said:
And it might actually be more interesting then "Mr. Blahblah tels you to blahblahblah the blahblah. But that would blahblahblahblahblah. What do you blah?"

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
Holy crap, this actually looks good. I know I'm probably alone in my opinion here, but Fallout 3 was a huge disappointment to me. New Vegas' Hardcore mode and reputation stuff sound promising, though.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
OMFG i cannot WAITTTTTTTTT... this is shaping up to be everything I had hoped fallout 3 would be. don't get me wrong, i loved fallout 3, but this seems more in the spirit of the original 2.

TheEngineer

Feb 17, 2010
Awesome currently playing the hell out of Fallout 3...again....Ya i cant wait for New Vegas gonna be suhwwweeet!

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Dear Escapist: Stop it. Now. I don't want to get hyped for another game. I just don't have enough money. You just made me want this game so much more...

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
Nevyrmoore said:
baseracer said:
thenamelessloser said:
And it might actually be more interesting then "Mr. Blahblah tels you to blahblahblah the blahblah. But that would blahblahblahblahblah. What do you blah?"
I would like a little thing just called making a choice over some skill or ability tested in a mini game. If I want to be a bruiser let me choose that, if I want to be a stealthy character, etc. Trying to have some gimmick which will just make it harder (and perhaps demand reflexes) to be able to have the type of begining stats I want the character to have is a mistake. Five minutes can seem a long time if they are boring.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Bring it on!
This is most certainly into my "must have" list for the year, now. Shoot, it was almost there from the initial announcement!

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Old news is old! i knew all about all this months ago, well that's proberly down to me going on no mutants allowed on a daily bases.

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
Sweet!! Now I've gotta go finish all the stuff on Fallout 3... Just hope it doesn't keep playing up on me.

evilentity

Mar 19, 2010
Lets hope it will be less buggy then F3... but then there that memory of KotOR in dark corner of my mind.