First look at the MCU's Disney+ shows

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I really like the concept, I have yet to be sold on the animation. All this alternate reality business could have had more impact if different animation styles were used. Still, I am pretty starved for content these days, so I'll take what I can get.

Also, it looks like Christian Bale is playing Gor the Butcher God in Thor 4. At this point I feel actors sign up for Marvel movies just for the fun of it, so they can say they did.

EDIT: All right, fuck it, this is just about Marvel shows in general.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I've always liked Tom Hiddleston's Loki. And this looks pretty interesting. The music sounds very Loki.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Im really excited for this stuff.

Not just because I am a huge fan of the MCU, but because these upcoming projects - Loki, Wandavision, and What If...? in particular - look like something different from Marvel.

Again, i'm super excited for stuff like Falcon and The Winter Solider, because it looks like more of the same of what I love, but the whilst the MCU format can be credited for making superhero movies what they are today, in many ways, the format can also restrict them from doing anything unique or weird. Im really happy to see Marvel push the boat out with these other projects.

Im also just really excited to see these high-budget multi-hour shows, featuring what have (up until this point) basically been side characters, appearing in main character movies, or Avengers films. These characters are all great, and deserve to have their own stuff.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Are any of these shows going to amount to much though, because I have a feeling they'll want to keep it seperate from the movie-verse, meaning there probably won't be any major plot developments in these stories. But then I'm not very big on Marvel or the MCU, so I guess it doesn't really matter too much to me anyway.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Disney announced a shitload of other stuff too, Marvel stuff, Star Wars stuff, stuff that's neither. It's kind of insane how much really.
That article's not even complete, because I know there's also been a Y: The Last Man show announced, ,a Shogun tv-series, a Willow tv-series, a 5th Indian Jones movie, and like a ton of documentaries. And I'm pretty sure I'm still missing stuff.
Are any of these shows going to amount to much though, because I have a feeling they'll want to keep it seperate from the movie-verse, meaning there probably won't be any major plot developments in these stories. But then I'm not very big on Marvel or the MCU, so I guess it doesn't really matter too much to me anyway.
If the article above is to be believed, at the least WandaVision ties into the Dr Strange and Spidey sequels.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
If the article above is to be believed, at the least WandaVision ties into the Dr Strange and Spidey sequels.
Yeah, but easter eggs and cameos, or actual plot related things? Because I'm sure Disney wants to keep the MCU as simple as they can so anyone can drop in at any movie. This is why many movies in the MCU itself feel so inconsequential, like you're just watching a monster of the week type show.

Anyway, making a Willow TV series actually sounds kinda interesting.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, but easter eggs and cameos, or actual plot related things? Because I'm sure Disney wants to keep the MCU as simple as they can so anyone can drop in at any movie. This is why many movies in the MCU itself feel so inconsequential, like you're just watching a monster of the week type show.

Anyway, making a Willow TV series actually sounds kinda interesting.
I'm pretty sure all those shows are Canon to the MCU and tie into it the falcon and Winter soldier clearly takes place after Endgame. I'm sure it'll be simple to follow and would not make much sense to make it a "separate" universe/non-canon spin off they tried that with the Marvel Netflix series, and that did not end out working out too well. Even though I like most of the Marvel Netflix shows. The only one that's going to be non-canon is the what if animated show.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Disney announced a shitload of other stuff too, Marvel stuff, Star Wars stuff, stuff that's neither. It's kind of insane how much really.
That article's not even complete, because I know there's also been a Y: The Last Man show announced, ,a Shogun tv-series, a Willow tv-series, a 5th Indian Jones movie, and like a ton of documentaries. And I'm pretty sure I'm still missing stuff.
They’re taking a bite of Shogun’s cherry? Jeez, that’s an......interesting property to lob onto Disney+

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
The only thing I'm sorta interested in is Wandavision, since it seems it will tie into the movies. The other tv series is just more side filler.