First Look at The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine Expansion

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
First Look at The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine Expansion

CD Projekt Red has given us our first glimpse at Blood and Wine via these two screenshots.

Hearts of Stone [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/the%20witcher%203%20wild%20hunt?os=%20the%20witcher%203%20wild%20hunt], which we already have, and Blood and Wine, scheduled to launch some time next year. We don't really know much about Blood and Wine at this point, but now the developer has offered us a small glimpse at it via these two absolutely gorgeous screenshots:

[gallery=5179]

The file names of the screenshots give us a little bit of info on what we are looking at. The first one states that "Toussaint is famous for its wine and vineyards," explaining where the "Wine" of Blood and Wine comes from, while the second one simply states it is "the palace of Beauclair En."

When the game's season pass was first announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140376-Hearts-of-Stone-Blood-and-Wine-Expansions-for-Witcher-3-Announced], we were told that Blood and Wine will feature an entirely new region, Toussaint, teased as a peaceful land harboring a dark secret. It will also be roughly twice as long as Hearts of Stone, and CD Projekt Red estimates players will spend around 20 hours on it.

My only real complaints with Hearts of Stone was that it was rather short, and didn't really add too many new areas. It looks like Blood and Wine will fully address both of those criticisms.

Source: CD Projekt Red [https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/674259290606186497]

Setch Dreskar

Mar 28, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
We don't really know much about Blood and Stone at this point, but now the developer has offered us a small glimpse at it via these two absolutely gorgeous screenshots:
Blood and Stone eh? =P

On a more serious note I have to agree with WolvDragon, 10 hours is quite a lot in this day and age, when 60 USD can get you 4 hours and a 'Thanks for all your cash sucker" from most game developers these days compared to a piece of DLC that costs 1/6th that amount with well over twice the content and playtime.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Have to agree with the length with the other posters.
10 hours is really really long for a dlc with this quality and the price of 10 Euros.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
I guess I'll be the broken record and say another 10 hours for what was it, 10 bucks, really is an outstanding deal. It's not really that common.

That said the fact they simply said "ok" and made this one longer really is a great sign. Can't wait to see their cyberpunk game when it comes out.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
10h was just an estimate. It took me 13h to go through all the DLC. And that's just on one playthrough with only one set of decisions. So it was more than enough for the asking price.