First Official Justice League Pic

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Now I have a genuine worry because mabye they should have kept the movie split into 2 parts because how are they gonna bring back Superman and introduce Steppenwolf?
Im assuming Superman is going to come back just for the final battle, and steppenwolf is going to be the main villain throughout the movie

not sure where I read it, but wasn't there some synopsis floating around that detailed the plot being like "batman and friends must find three plot coupons...err.."Mother Boxes" that are located in Atlantis, Themyscara, and somewhere else I forgot before Than-...Darkseid roadie and heavy metal band Steppenwolf does"
You do know that Darkseid and the new Gods were created before Thanos right?
Problem is, /people/ don't know that. And I feel like it's a bad move to pull Darkseid right out of the gate for DC, when they are already trying to play catch up to Marvel, Braniac would've been a better choice I feel. He's still threatening enough to require the whole JL to fight, but he wouldn't be seen as a rip off of Thanos and it allows for power creep.

To the regular movie going public Darkseid is going to look like they ripped off Thanos. Definitely should've waited for Darksied because comparisons are going to come and unless he's as good as or better than Ironsides Darkseid from the DCAU, it's going to fall flat. Which is staunch possibility given his incredibly lackluster portrayal in animated media since the DCAU.
AccursedTheory said:
It's nice they aren't pretending Superman is dead. That would have been eye rolling. Though... is it me, or are the photo components of Superman/Batman reused from the Dawn of Justice image pack? Or are the poses so generic I can't tell?

Samtemdo8 said:
Yes this green:

Well, I guess we agree on one thing. The movies, regardless of what direction they go in, could really use some John Stewart. Though I just know that when JL2 pops along they'll chicken out and go with Hal.
I dunno, it could be 50/50 at this point. Given the embarrassment that was the Green Lantern movie, they may go with Stewart to distance themselves from it. I'm not sure of the canon of the GL movie within the DCCU at this point, but if it is canon Ryan Reynolds isn't likely to come back for him if he's playing Deadpool from here on out, so that already creates a recasting issue which might not be viewed as a good decision.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Flash looks garbage, everyone else looks great. If I wasn't traveling I would watch the trailer.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
It's nice they aren't pretending Superman is dead. That would have been eye rolling. Though... is it me, or are the photo components of Superman/Batman reused from the Dawn of Justice image pack? Or are the poses so generic I can't tell?

Samtemdo8 said:
Yes this green:

Well, I guess we agree on one thing. The movies, regardless of what direction they go in, could really use some John Stewart. Though I just know that when JL2 pops along they'll chicken out and go with Hal.
If they do John Stewart, then I need Hawkgirl.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Holy shit! Is that color?

Meh. The costumes don't really look that good. Flash and Aquaman especially (I especially hate Aquaman's design in general). But whatever, I already decided that the DCCU was not for me. BvS killed the universe for me, after MoS shot it in the leg. I'm no longer even interested in Suicide Squad, to put my feelings in perspective.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
DudeistBelieve said:
AccursedTheory said:

Samtemdo8 said:
Yes this green:

Well... duh.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
DudeistBelieve said:
AccursedTheory said:

Samtemdo8 said:
Yes this green:

and the whole like 3rd JL movie has to be the Hawk invasion...

Well... duh.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
Ditto on not liking the Flashes look.

I don't understand why they keep wanting to push Cyborg. Maybe its because I'm too used to reading him as a Teen Titans character. It just feels weird to me that he'd be a part of any Justice League that doesn't also include Dick, Wally, and Donna. But that may be because he is a younger character. He was able to form a family group with the Titans because they were all around the same age. Ugh I really just want a live action Titans tv show.

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
DudeistBelieve said:
AccursedTheory said:

Samtemdo8 said:
Yes this green:

May I request the appearance of J'onn J'onzz, Big Barda and Plastic Man as well? But I have no problems with it when they are introduced later in the movie series.

Glad to see we have some Bruce Timm vibe going on here.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Dirkie said:
DudeistBelieve said:
AccursedTheory said:

Samtemdo8 said:
Yes this green:

May I request the appearance of J'onn J'onzz, Big Barda and Plastic Man as well? But I have no problems with it when they are introduced later in the movie series.

Glad to see we have some Bruce Timm vibe going on here.
Thats a solid no on Plastic Man. He keeps getting a resurgence I DO NOT appreciate it.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
mecegirl said:
I don't understand why they keep wanting to push Cyborg. Maybe its because I'm too used to reading him as a Teen Titans character. It just feels weird to me that he'd be a part of any Justice League that doesn't also include Dick, Wally, and Donna. But that may be because he is a younger character. He was able to form a family group with the Titans because they were all around the same age. Ugh I really just want a live action Titans tv show.
I have exactly the same problem, but DC made an editorial decision after Flashpoint that Cyborg would be a founding member of the Justice League, and ever since then that's been his spot. It may be due to a desire to have a more prominent black superhero, combined with an unwillingness or inability to just use John Stewart. (Which for the film, still definitely needs to happen.)

As for the film...I'm actually impressed. It looks nice. I'm more into the Flash than I thought I would be considering his half-assed cameo in Batman v Superman. As long as the marketing for the film doesn't spoil the entire goddamn plot, I'll maintain my stance of cautious optimism.

Edit: I love how awkwardly pleased Bruce Wayne is when Flash straight-up accepts the invitation. He's like "Wow, I thought that would be a lot harder." Considering he visited Aquaman first...

(also, why didn't the "I hear you can talk to fish?" line cut to Aquaman riding a giant squid?)