First-Person Medieval Game with Dragons

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'm looking for a good first-person medieval game with dragons. Anyone have any suggestions?

[/stupid joke]

I played a game like this roughly 6 or 7 years ago and for the life of me I can't remember the title or much else about it. I can't even remember on which system I played it, though it was likely the PS2. What I can remember is the opening cut-scene, where a pirate/sailor-type guy is taking your character to a cave while telling you how dangerous this is. He warns you specifically of dragons. You get off his boat and he waits for you to return. After you enter the cave, it shifts to dragon-POV as it swoops down and devours him. The gameplay is first-person sword-fighting, but I don't remember much else as I didn't get very far into it.

An internet for someone who helps me find/remember this game. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I need this title for a Unikgamer [http://www.unikgamer.com/] list. Plz halp!

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
No it couldn't, that game starts out with breasts coming out of a portal and you falling off a horse.

Though it does have dragons...

Personally i'm stumped. "PS2 game with dragons" is quite a large list. >.> and first person action is a way to narrow it..but it's usually not a separate genre. Would be possible be an RPG..?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
oplinger said:
Would be possible be an RPG..?
I think it was, but again I'm not sure. It's been too long and the game didn't leave an impression on me at all.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Might & Magic 7 : For Blood & Honour had dragons, pirates and untimely ends, but it's a long shot.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I remember my friend playing Eternal Ring when the PS2 was shiny and new, roughly 6 months after it's release in 2000, it was the most interesting concept I've ever seen back then (first person RPG), coupled with some of the wierdest bosses ever.

Oh, and I think it has a lot to do with dragons.

EDIT: Now that I've seen that video... ehh... I think it roughly looked a wee bit better than an average N64 game, except that I remember that game running at 60 fps with lots of screen tearing. Certainly far from pretty, but back then, I remember being dazzled by it's graphics.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
deathninja said:
Might & Magic 7 : For Blood & Honour had dragons, pirates and untimely ends, but it's a long shot.
Yes, but I don't think it was on the PS2. Also, certainly nothing described in the OP was in M&M7 - the opening cinematic had no pirates or ships although when you started at Emerald Island there was a cave with a red dragon but no POV changes or pirates again.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Wow, I am going to have to check this Eternal Ring out! I wish I had known my gmae tastes properly back in the day of having my PS1/PS2!

Although, saying that I still do love my platformers... Spyro, Gex, Croc, Kingsly, Jak and Daxter... they all rocked! But I did miss out on a lot of good WRPGs and JRPGs!

Are there any other games like Eternal Ring that are good?

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
Pirates Vikings and Knights II is a good start. It has medieval knights...and some maps have dragons.

I kick ass in it.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
i'm a little shocked but not surprised no one's said skyrim. i'm guessing you want a game that won't get you addicted like all those anti-video games moms claim they do? don't get skyrim then, if you already don't have it.

OH, just play TF2 on DeGroot keep over and over again. use your imagination and it's practically the same thing.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I like how the first message congratulating people for reading the OP came immediately after the first message by a poster who clearly didn't.

So was that right, AvsJoe? The people demand an answer!

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
The Random One said:
I like how the first message congratulating people for reading the OP came immediately after the first message by a poster who clearly didn't.

So was that right, AvsJoe? The people demand an answer!
And not just that:
mega48man said:
i'm a little shocked but not surprised no one's said skyrim. i'm guessing you want a game that won't get you addicted like all those anti-video games moms claim they do? don't get skyrim then, if you already don't have it.

OH, just play TF2 on DeGroot keep over and over again. use your imagination and it's practically the same thing.
Burrito With Legs said:
Skyrim is a First-Person Medieval game with dragons. :p I don't think it's what you're looking for, though.
...he didn't even read the thread...
Well that happens a lot. I tried having a discussion about Bioware having a recent fall in quality only mentioning their last 4 titles (this was before SWTOR by the way) and I had at least 3 people saying I was some nostalgic fool for Baldur's Gate when I had never even mentioned it or played it. Didn't even read the first sentence.