First "Real" Trailer for Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Appears

Solstrana91

Sep 4, 2004
I did have mild interest in the game, but this has turned me off it.
I don't get the survival and character interest I get from the Telltale game/graphic novel/tv series.
Will continue to hold out hope for an MMO one day though.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Shadow-Phoenix said:
What exactly would you suggest in detail of what they could do to make it look good even though the game clearly isn't going to that certain platform?.

I mean I saw the trailer and I'm ok with it and I'm sure there are many out there like me that think it's fine.
I have no idea what you're even talking about with "that certain platform" but if a dev decides to not go for stlyized graphics, they better be prepared to put more work into the environemnts than a $20 XBLA title. If this retails for anything more than $20, it's disgusting. That's a $20 looking game.

It looks like Battleship: Part 2.

Notsomuch

Apr 22, 2009
I stopped caring after the introduced separate DLC for certain retailers. You are going to withhold an entire mode of playing from the game for people who don't buy it at gamestop? If the game even looked any good I wouldn't buy it anywhere after I heard that.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
It really hurts me to say this but this shit looks like I could run it on a fucking Gamecube, and that isn't even me trying to be funny. I hope that its just shitty graphics and not everything else but... ehhhhh...

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
doggie015 said:
I have lost all interest in this game now. Unless they release it on PC then said interest will NEVER be coming back as I cannot afford a console. Besides which; I already have Telltale's far superior version of The Walking Dead AND the free Day Z mod for Arma II (Not to be confused with the piece of manure that is the war z). I get the feeling that they are avoiding the PC because they know that they cannot compete with the other games in the genre.

Here's an idea: If you cannot compete with existing options then do not release the game AT ALL on ANY platform until you can actually compete with the existing options!
Or they could just make it for the other 3 platforms and you can still play your Telltale game to play and just flat out ignore this one while others will enjoy it.

Also superior is subjective in this case as there will most certainly be others who will enjoy this one and might also enjoy it more than the Telltale version.

I still buy console games and yet it's taken me a year to save up and build my own computer so I'm pretty sure you could do it over time for a console.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
The very little amount of interest I had in this game is now gone. I'm not a fan of the TV series anyway but why, out of all the characters in it, would you want to play as the rednecks? It goes to show how well thought out the Telltale game was when you realise they could do anything with their characters. There were the odd couple of comic characters in it but the original cast outweighed them by far.

Other than just that, it doesn't look like a very fun game anyway. Pretty much like any other generic licensed game out there. TTG, hurry up with season two so we can all quickly forget about this again.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
I'll be honest, I was hoping it would be a story revolving around new characters, similar to the point and click adventure game. A prequel that deals with the least personable characters from the TV show during a time where the outbreak should still be semi-manageable? Nah, I'll pass.