First Screenshots of Platinum Games' TMNT Game Leak

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
First Screenshots of Platinum Games' TMNT Game Leak

These cell-shaded pictures of "Turtles in Manhattan" all but confirm the existence of the game.

Remember how we reported that Bayonetta dev Platinum Games was Pure Xbox [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165242-Platinum-Games-Developing-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Title], we've now got some pretty definitive proof of the game's existence, in the form of these five in-game screenshots:

[gallery=5434]

The new game will be entitled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan, and from the looks of things, appears to be a cell-shaded 3D beat-em-up, probably with multiplayer elements. Earlier in the year, the game was classified for release in Australia [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165242-Platinum-Games-Developing-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Title], and given an "M" for Mature rating. The game was also classified in Brazil a few weeks earlier, which revealed it would be releasing on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.

The Pure Xbox source also leaked the game's official box art, but it is a rather small and low quality image:

That's all we know for now, but we have reached out to Platinum Games as well as Activision (the reported publisher) for more information.

Source: Pure Xbox [http://www.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_manhattan_pictured]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Took me a second to realise those were headsets and not ears. The art's solid, and if I can get three buddies on this, I will likely pick it up.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Looks like they're taking their cues largely from the IDW comic series, but with some elements of the current live-action movie series.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I smell DLC and season passes. I'm going with Krang and the TechnoDrome being day-1 DLC. And several $.99 costumes and weapon skins. And Casey Jones will be...oh...$5.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Man... those screenshots are freakin' awesome.

Silentpony said:
I smell DLC and season passes. I'm going with Krang and the TechnoDrome being day-1 DLC. And several $.99 costumes and weapon skins. And Casey Jones will be...oh...$5.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a single Platinum game that did that... I'm also struggling to think of a game they came out that actually had DLC.

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
Baresark said:

Silentpony said:
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a single Platinum game that did that... I'm also struggling to think of a game they came out that actually had DLC.
Anarchy Reigns had DLC.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Rated M in Australia?

Not sure if typical Australian government prudishness, or Turtles iteration that is as awesome and violent as the comics.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I...I don't hate this.
Reminds me a mix of the new cartoon and the new comic series.

Being Plat at the every least the game play is going to be solid, though the game will probably be short.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
If that M rating mean turtles with lethal weapons get to actually... you know KILL then I'll think about it.
It was always my biggest annoyance growing up that in the movies and cartoons I watched that the swords and sais weren't really used, unless the opposition was stab-proof/mechanical.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Honestly, what I see on screenshots looks ugly. I understand, celshading, stylization, but lack of detail with modern-style stock textures creates strong feeling of "we have low budget and are not going to do anything to hide it".

Gutsripper

Aug 23, 2010
This looks promising, It's been a while since we had good TMNT game.
I'm such a fan I even bought that 'TMNT: Out of the Shadows'game which turned out to be pretty bad.
Wonder when this will come out.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Well now...this looks a lot better than the last few TMNT games. I can't wait for the official announcement so I can further lament the fact that I still don't have a PS4. Between that and Transformers Devastation though I'm just about out of reasons to not have one.

nomaner

May 9, 2012
I hope that there is skin options based on the other TMNT shows to appeal to the other parts of the fanbase and give the game replayability.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Heck yeah, I really like the artstyle. Not sure what's up with the headsets but, they are definitely using the IDW comics.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Love the style, but I don't like the turtles' faces. They look far more human than I like. Otherwise it looks fun.

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
Baresark said:

Silentpony said:
Sadly it might be possible. I could be wrong, but isn't this being published by activision? I'm guessing we'll be getting another legend of korra.