First Six Mega Man Titles Hitting 3DS eShop

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
First Six Mega Man Titles Hitting 3DS eShop

Take a trip back to the Blue Bomber's roots on Nintendo's new handheld.

Nintendo and Mega Man have a special relationship; The original NES console played host to the titles that made the Blue Bomber a household name. Nintendo's eShop has already offered 3DS owners in Europe and Japan the chance to relive the golden days of Mega Man, and now North America will get the same treatment. Mega Man 1 through 6 will appear on digital storefront in a series of releases beginning on December 27.

As you might expect, the first game that Capcom will add to the NA eShop is the debut Mega Man title. Mega Man 2 will follow on February 7, 2013, and the rest of the entries in the classic series will be released throughout the remainder of next year.

Of course, the Mega Man legacy extends far beyond the final NES release, with Mega Man 7 appearing for the Super NES, and Mega Man 8 dropping for the PlayStation and Saturn consoles in the late 90s. Mega Man 9 and 10 brought the franchise back to its 8-bit roots with throwback graphics and audio.

The 3DS should be able to handle the full 2D Mega Man catalog, but it looks like we'll have to settle for the first six titles to start with. No official pricing has yet been revealed.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Classic series ported to a new console? Slow down Cacpcom. You might hurt your back with all that momentum

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Nintendo needs to start making the VC account-wide for all of their systems. How many times will I have to buy the same game from them just because it's on a new system?

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Goddamnit, where's my Mega Man II-V? The actual Game Boy ones? They're like, the only Mega Man games I'm missing from my collection. They're the ones I want available for download, not the same NES ones they've made available in a dozen different ways. They did the first GB Mega Man game already, where's the other 4? While we're at it, I guess I need Mega Man Xtreme 2 too.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Ohhhhh, a 3D Mega Man game? How fancy... Capcom, there is only ONE 3D Mega Man title that I am interested in.

And you mother fuckers cancelled it.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
yay... but i already have all of the original NES cartridges and the anniversary collection on PS2. and i have 9 and 10 on my Wii... so i'm not paying for them again.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Gizen said:
Goddamnit, where's my Mega Man II-V? The actual Game Boy ones? They're like, the only Mega Man games I'm missing from my collection. They're the ones I want available for download, not the same NES ones they've made available in a dozen different ways. They did the first GB Mega Man game already, where's the other 4? While we're at it, I guess I need Mega Man Xtreme 2 too.
They say cause of legal issues they can't release them or some BS.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Not buying it. One, I already have those games. Two, Capcom doesn't deserve my money if the best they can do is re-release the old games over and over again but cancel all new ones. Three,

RaikuFA said:
Calling it now.

Canned due to lack of intrest or some other BS excuse.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
My Father worked the mines.... 'til the day it took his life...
Stole him from his only son... and it stole him from his wife...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Holy Christ. Capcom is being so fuckin' stupid. Why try something new and different with the system. That doesn't work EVAR.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Is there anybody seriously trying to imply that this was a bad move by Capcom?

Can't say I've ever been a huge fan of Megaman. I have Xtreme 2 for the GBC though; that gave me plenty of kicks for a few years. Cool to see that the originals are being given the limelight again.