First Thundercats Trailer Breaks Out the Lizards and Sword Fights

hansari

May 31, 2009
If there was a series worth rebooting on Cartoon Network, its this one.

Maybe robotech too...

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Prof. Monkeypox said:
Hallow said:
Cartoon Network looks like it's coming around...
God, we can only hope it was just a phase!

Actually, I think quality goes in cycles, but that's another discussion.
Just give it about a month, they'll come out with about 6 more reality shows about holes in cars or something.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Is it me, or does the snarf redesign look like a cabbit? A cabbit with a long tail.

Oh well, I guess it'll fit in a cuteness factor. Long as he retains some snarfable personality.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Nannernade said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:
Hallow said:
Cartoon Network looks like it's coming around...
God, we can only hope it was just a phase!

Actually, I think quality goes in cycles, but that's another discussion.
Just give it about a month, they'll come out with about 6 more reality shows about holes in cars or something.
Don't tell me that! I want to believe somebody over there woke up.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Aw man, I love the Thundercats! Though part of the reason it's so endeared to me is because I'm an animation major and that old 80s animation is just... well hilariously, lovably tacky. I'll still give the new series a shot though.

tautologico said:
There are also some we haven't seen before like Wily Kit and Kat
Uh, Willy Kit and Willy Kat were part of the old show, though not in the first season.
Seconded

Wolfy4226

Sep 22, 2009
Croaker42 said:
Even with the Sword of Thundera I didn't see this comming.

Just going to point out that I did not see the panther guy and that makes me a little sad.
Don't worry..promotional art has been seen of him, so he's definitely in the show.

Wolfy4226

Sep 22, 2009
tautologico said:
There are also some we haven't seen before like Wily Kit and Kat
Uh, Willy Kit and Willy Kat were part of the old show, though not in the first season.
*Bops on the head* What he MEANT was that there has been no public showing of any Promotional art featuring Wily Kit and Kat's new Designs, and the Trailer is the first public place you can see their new designs.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
all i can say is that this show was amazing when i was a kid, i loved the thing to bits, and if this is true...

OMGOMGICANTWAITSOAWESOMEIMPRESIVEYEAHIWANNAWATCHITNOW!!!

Samechiel

Nov 4, 2009
Watching this, I peed my pants a little it was so awesome.

Only he wasn't talking about the original show. This is the first time we've seen shots of them for the NEW show. Learn to context.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
This is going to be on cartoon network!? Awww... For a second I thought this was going to be an actual anime. A violent, gory, sexy, swearing Thundercats would have been pretty cool. But if they can play it off with good writing I guess it can turn out well, Avatar last Air Bender did.

I am just a bit worried, American cartoons don't have the best track record after 2000. Anyone remember CN's attempted reboot of He-Man?

Osafiny

Dec 10, 2008
Anybody have the time on the Mum-ra drawing? I see the reflection one at 0:12, but not the other.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Okay, this looks much, much better in motion. I think I can officially say that I am excited for the remake. Thundercats was my favorite show when I was a kid, but the show is very hard to get into again as an adult. Too much morality being shoved into my face, I think. But this... this looks like a show I could get into.

Hey, it can't do worse than the numerous Transformers remakes.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
An anime remake of Thundercats? Well the kids need to know the awesomeness... although why things can't just be re-released is beyond me

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Sure, it looked pretty cool, but I need to hear the new actor say, "THUNDERCATS--HOOOOOOOO!!"
xPixelatedx said:
I am just a bit worried, American cartoons don't have the best track record after 2000. Anyone remember CN's attempted reboot of He-Man?
I do, and I remember thinking it was pretty good. It sure lasted longer than I thought it would, what with it being a reboot and all.