First to play/first to buy in 2018?

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
First thing to play will be Yakuza 0, i got it a long time ago and i'm pretty sure that i completed at least a half of it, i'm not even sure why i stopped, i love that game.

Next on my list is Horizon zero dawn's DLC or i'll just start from the beginning.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
First to buy..Shadow of the Colossus remake next month and Far Cry 5 in march. And maybe some other games that aren't on my radar as of yet. First to play is Nioh DLC and I also feel an itch to replay both Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 for the millionth time. :p I also regularly play Fatal Fury Special and King of Fighters '94. Can't wait for the Streetfighter collection. I love the 2D fighters from the '90s.

Feb 26, 2014
First to play is Zelda Breath of the Wild. Got a Switch for late Thanksmas (My sister, impressively using her near omnipotent power as the youngest, postponed Christmas and Thanksgiving till the 30th). Didn't get any games though, so I went out and bought Mario, Zelda, and Xenoblade.

First to buy is probably going to be Dragonball FighterZ

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
hanselthecaretaker said:
Casual Shinji said:
Dalisclock said:
Well, I'm working on MGS4 right now, so that's already the first game to play.
You... poor, poor man.

OT: Probably Monster Hunter World, unless something else pops up on my radar in the meantime.
The first half of MGS4 is among the best of the series imo. There is also a lot of cool fan service in Act 4 that somewhat makes up for the lack of meaningful gameplay. Act 5 was pretty much filler except for a couple interesting sequences though.
I've finished the first 2 acts so far and so far the gameplay as been pretty good, when it isn't taking control away for some LONG ass cutscenes. And oh god do some of those cutscenes go on....

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Dalisclock said:
I've finished the first 2 acts so far and so far the gameplay as been pretty good, when it isn't taking control away for some LONG ass cutscenes. And oh god do some of those cutscenes go on....
Just wait till you get to the end of act 3... You should probably clear whatever plans you have for the day.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
hanselthecaretaker said:
First to buy is definitely going to be The Witcher 3: Complete Edition on PC. Been waiting to play all this and it?ll also be the first one I play on my new rig after hooking up my new GPU.
Ah, I'd like to wipe my memory so that I could experience The Witcher 3 for the first time again.

For me it's probably going to be Devil May Cry HD Collection once it hits Steam in a few months. I'm not sure that there's anything else releasing soon. So I may as well start another The Witcher 3 playthrough. I also want to replay all the Batman Arkham games.

But the first that I played was Quake Champions. Just a few matches.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Casual Shinji said:
Dalisclock said:
Just wait till you get to the end of act 3... You should probably clear whatever plans you have for the day.
At least Kojima finally included a PAUSE button on the cutscenes. Kinda useful when it takes 30 minutes to finish one at times.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Well, technically speaking I was playing a raid in Destiny 2 at midnight, so that's my first played (don't worry, I'm not a microtransaction whale, haven't spent anything on that shit). First to buy...dunno yet. Nothing's really caught my attention.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Well I finished Dishonored: Death of the Outsider a day or two ago but the first game I'm really going to dive into this year is Prey. I got it on sale a couple months ago along with some other games and it's the last one I haven't played it. Looking forward to it, but I find that Arkane style, immersive sims can wear on me a little, so I'm hoping playing Dishonored right before it doesn't take away from my experience with Prey.

I'm not super aware of any upcoming titles that I plan on buying. I keep thinking about replaying Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Nier Automata. I also never picked up Total War Warhammer II so that might be on the list as well.

Sep 24, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
I installed DC Universe Onine......can we please use this game as template for a proper GTA like Superhero RPG single player video game thats NOT Batman?

This game is cool...so why is it not that appreciated?
I have 176 hours in. I think I have about 4 toons I maxed. Each took a little under a week. And that's when the hands came out. "You seem like you're hurting for things to do. Give us money and we'll solve that".

So, to support, I did. I bought. I bought the lantern pack, The Trigon dlc, etc. After a while, I was noticing my ten or so dollars for each dlc really didn't... add to anything.

I had a lot of fun in the game in the beginning. And even when I was buying the dlc for the first time, I thought about how anemic the experience up to that point was. Buying the dlc, I thought about how anemic the dlc was. Until I realized I was the one who was actually being bled dry.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
First to buy: Maybe Crusader Kings 2. It's still on sale for a day or two.

First to play: Fallout New Vegas. Giving it another replay because I love it to death. For new (to me) games, probably the Crusader Kings 2 A Song of Ice and Fire total conversion mod, pending the above statement.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Dalisclock said:
At least Kojima finally included a PAUSE button on the cutscenes. Kinda useful when it takes 30 minutes to finish one at times.
I was thinking, MGS4 is already 10 years old this year. OMG..time goes by..SO FAST!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
stroopwafel said:
Dalisclock said:
I was thinking, MGS4 is already 10 years old this year. OMG..time goes by..SO FAST!
I still remember how floored I was the first time playing it. The wtf eye candy intro-mercials, the music, the real time zoomable cutscenes, the exceptionally deep moveset, the pcm audio, the adaptable sneaking suit...it was the first game of the generation that went beyond a mere visual upgrade and stated ?This is what you bought a PS3 for?.

Sep 9, 2007
First to play: Stellaris. I'm nearing the endgame crisis scenario of my current game the federation I'm a member of is one of the strongest forces in the galaxy, so we should be ok... Hopefully.

First to Buy: I honestly have no idea. There's nothing that I'm really looking forward to and I doubt if I'm going to be getting anything for the next few months anyways, because of mortgage shenanigans.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Hawki said:
Drathnoxis said:
Hawki said:
Why does everyone keep thinking that 2018 is going to be happy? :(
It's mandatory! You WILL have a happy 2018, whether you want to or not! We'll force you to!
NEVER!
Okay, that's it!
Time to strap you into the happy chair!

This will send targeted electric shocks into your brain until you are capable of nothing but feeling delirious, ecstatic glee every single moment of the day! Without exception, each waking moment will be filled with such orgasmic euphoria that you will be incapable of coherent thought, or even so much as bladder control. Each and every second that passes you will experience an elation that climbs higher and higher, never regressing, into intoxicating bliss and you will know that 2018 is a Happy. New. Year!

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
First to play: Well, I played some Heroes of the Storm yesterday, so I guess that counts.
First to buy: Dragonball FighterZ. It comes out on my birthday too.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Drathnoxis said:
Hawki said:
Drathnoxis said:
Hawki said:
It's mandatory! You WILL have a happy 2018, whether you want to or not! We'll force you to!
NEVER!
Okay, that's it!

This will send targeted electric shocks into your brain until you are capable of nothing but feeling delirious, ecstatic glee every single moment of the day! Without exception, each waking moment will be filled with such orgasmic euphoria that you will be incapable of coherent thought, or even so much as bladder control. Each and every second that passes you will experience an elation that climbs higher and higher, never regressing, into intoxicating bliss and you will know that 2018 is a Happy. New. Year!
No! Not the Happy Chair! Anything but the-

...Happy New Year.

Happy New Year.

Happy New Year.

Happy New Year.

Happy...

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Hawki said:
Drathnoxis said:
Hawki said:
Drathnoxis said:
Hawki said:
NEVER!
Okay, that's it!

No! Not the Happy Chair! Anything but the-

...Happy New Year.

Happy New Year.

Happy New Year.

Happy New Year.

Happy...

Sounds like it truly is party time!

Jan 27, 2011
First buy I think was RPGmaker 2003 because I have a mild addiction to that game engine and it was only 5 bucks and you never know when you wanna mess around with an older, outdated version of it despite having 3 projects in newer engines I should be working on... :D

And First play...If we're talking new stuff that I haven't played before 2018, probably New Doom. Just emerged from he Foundry level, mildly overwhelmed by all the action. I like. I just wish that I didn't keep spending 5-10 minutes at a time banging my head against an obvious secret area but not knowing how to reach it, which breaks the flow somewhat. XD

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I was playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen as I heralded in the New Year. I played it for many more hours afterwards until my eyes felt like they were going to bleed. Good times.