First to play/first to buy in 2018?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
So a pre-emptive Happy New Year to everyone.

At first I was thinking my first to play would be some Bloodborne, as I?m still making my way through the chalice dungeons. But then I realized I don?t think I?ve played The Witcher 2 DLC, so I?ll probably reinstalll that straight away at least to double check.

First to buy is definitely going to be The Witcher 3: Complete Edition on PC. Been waiting to play all this and it?ll also be the first one I play on my new rig after hooking up my new GPU.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
hanselthecaretaker said:
So a pre-emptive Happy New Year to everyone.
Why does everyone keep thinking that 2018 is going to be happy? :(

Anyway, last game I ordered was Spirit Tracks, in 2017, but it won't arrive until 2018. So...does that count? If not, I've got no idea.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Drunk Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle vs mode was the first vidya i played in 2018 at a house party we played until about 5am in the morning.

it was awesome.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Well, I'd like to get my hands on Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Sonic Mania, so those are likely to be my first purchases of the year. But the one I'm really looking forward to would have to be Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.

As for first to play, probably Baja: Edge of Control HD. Don't judge me, I got the first version of this game and enjoyed the hell out of it. Even if its physics aren't as good as something like the DiRT games. Might have been because it was probably made from the same engine as the MX vs. ATV games(which likely means the same engine as the earlier ATV Offroad Fury games).
Hawki said:
Why does everyone keep thinking that 2018 is going to be happy?
Sorry to bring politics into this, but, well...

I hope Special Prosecutor Mueller tears down Trump's whole administration.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
First to play is probably Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 reMIX as I still need to continue a speed run of it.

First to buy is most likely going to be Capcom's atrocious Mega Man Legacy Collection as it's on sale for ?4.99, or maybe Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2 Combo Pack for ?9.99. Or maybe Rogue Galaxy for ?3.99.

Ugh, darned sales 😐

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Well, I'm working on MGS4 right now, so that's already the first game to play. After that is Peace Walker and MGS5.

No idea what the first game I'm going to buy is.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I installed DC Universe Onine......can we please use this game as template for a proper GTA like Superhero RPG single player video game thats NOT Batman?

This game is cool...so why is it not that appreciated?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
First to play was carryone on with Xenobade Chronicles 2 (put far too many hours into that!)

First to buy...no idea! None of the games I'm interested in have release dates yet so will probably be an older game that I stumble across and buy

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Dalisclock said:
Well, I'm working on MGS4 right now, so that's already the first game to play.
You... poor, poor man.

OT: Probably Monster Hunter World, unless something else pops up on my radar in the meantime.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Dalisclock said:
You... poor, poor man.

OT: Probably Monster Hunter World, unless something else pops up on my radar in the meantime.
The first half of MGS4 is among the best of the series imo. There is also a lot of cool fan service in Act 4 that somewhat makes up for the lack of meaningful gameplay. Act 5 was pretty much filler except for a couple interesting sequences though.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
First to play is Alien: Isolation.

First to buy? I don't know. There's nothing on my wishlist right now, aside from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Buuuuut, that would require me to buy a Switch and it doesn't have enough games that interest me just yet.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
First to buy was Xenoblade 2
First thing I played on this years side was Worms W.M.D.

Hoping everyone had a good time during the holiday season!

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
First to play is Nioh and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

First to buy is going to be Mario Odyssey.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Just about to buy some stuff on the Steam sale, Hollow Knight and Pyre being the ones I'll be playing right away :D

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Casual Shinji said:
Dalisclock said:
You... poor, poor man.

Well, I did commit myself to playing the entire series from beginning to end and so far I've managed make it through 5 full games. I'm pretty much going in with the mindset of "All I'm really expecting here is wrap up for the series thus far and anything else thats good is just gravy".

Besides, it'll be hard to top the mess that was MGS2.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Hawki said:
It's mandatory! You WILL have a happy 2018, whether you want to or not! We'll force you to!

ghalleon0915

Feb 23, 2014
Hm, first to buy I guess is Pit People although it is in early access, but with the Steam sale I purchased it since I was going to buy it anyway so looking forward to that. That makes both my game purchases in the last 6 months to be Steam sales totaling $20 ( StarDew Valley was worth it)....

PS - hm, now that I look at that my game purchases has really fallen off the last few years...

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Drathnoxis said:
Hawki said:
It's mandatory! You WILL have a happy 2018, whether you want to or not! We'll force you to!
NEVER!

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
Zelda Link's Awakening DX randomizers (still in beta)

i pray they will make 1.2 the standard other than 1.0 aka "exploit the game"