First Trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Debuted at E3

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
First Trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Debuted at E3

Nintendo opened its E3 conference today with the new trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

The last E3 press conference is Nintendo's, and they didn't waste any time getting to the meat of their presentation, as they kicked off with a new trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The company doesn't have a lot of games at the show this year, choosing to instead go with a smaller lineup of title from big franchises.

The new Zelda trailer shows off the huge world, open environments, and gameplay of the upcoming title. Here, just watch.

First shown off at E3 2014, the newest Zelda was delayed out of 2015, and then was delayed again this year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167276-Nintendo-NX-Launches-March-2017-Legend-of-Zelda-Delayed]. It will now launch in March of 2017 on both the Wii U and the new Nintendo console, currently called the NX.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Thankfully it's still coming out for the Wii U. Thought it may end up being an NX exclusive. Hooray, I can play it!

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
It's refreshing to see a zelda game selling itself as an adventure, rsather than just flashing the standard iconography. besides link and a brief shot of the master sword it seems to be presenting entirely new material

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
The first part of that trailer felt very Shadow of the Colossus-y
Not a bad thing though. Also I'm not yet sure yet how I feel about full voice acting, even for characters who aren't Link.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:
There's a full-on stamina meter for climbing surfaces, so...

Apparently there's also breakable weapons.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
Eclipse Dragon said:
They already did that in Skyward Sword. It was well after Colossus though (and nobody liked it).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Do I dare think this could be the first vocal Legend of Zelda game??? That would make a certain user on here happy (not me before you asekd, I remember a thread on wanting a speaking LoZ instead of the usual gibberish/ sound effect LoZ game).

I quite find it interesting how it seen you're just playing Link as himself long before be don the "Hero of Time" clothing and wielding the Master sword. Well it look like it would be a while before he become the Hero of Time unless he doesn't want to wear that all the time!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
More Cel-Shaded bullshit.

Damn you Wind Waker fans for denying me a main Zelda game that graphically and artistically looks like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask but next gen graphics.

Now I am gonna probably have stupid silly looking bosses and none of the badass ones from OoT, MM, and TP:

Now I am probably gonna get bosses as dumb and unintimidating looking as these:

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Do I dare think this could be the first vocal Legend of Zelda game??? That would make a certain user on here happy (not me before you asekd, I remember a thread on wanting a speaking LoZ instead of the usual gibberish/ sound effect LoZ game).

I quite find it interesting how it seen you're just playing Link as himself long before be don the "Hero of Time" clothing and wielding the Master sword. Well it look like it would be a while before he become the Hero of Time unless he doesn't want to wear that all the time!
Well, there were the CD-I games...but those definitely don't count.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:
Eclipse Dragon said:
They already did that in Skyward Sword. It was well after Colossus though (and nobody liked it).
To be fair, it seems they greatly increased the stamina bar which eliminates the biggest problem with Skyward Sword's stamina bar.

Samtemdo8 said:
Dude, put the pictures in spoilers. It's way too large.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:
Eclipse Dragon said:
It's my favourite in the series and the only one i ever bothered to finish

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I'm watching the Treehouse stream right now. Damn the game looks awesome. Honestly I thought Nintendo would fuck up something really badly. But everything until now looks great.
Can't wait for it to come out. No wonder they delayed the game.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:

Damn you Wind Waker fans for denying me a main Zelda game that graphically and artistically looks like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask but next gen graphics.

Now I am gonna probably have stupid silly looking bosses and none of the badass ones from OoT, MM, and TP:

Now I am probably gonna get bosses as dumb and unintimidating looking as these:

Funny thing, my girlfriend disliked this new game because there's no Toon Link in it. To each their own, I guess.

That said, I hear Dark Souls games have awesome bosses. And the gameplay is kinda like Zelda, too, sans characters, puzzles, cute humour, fairy tale aesthetics and archetypes, and general upbeat feel. But if badass scary bosses are what you're looking for in a game then the Souls series is the one for you.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
So Nintendo decided to remind everyone that Daddy is back in town. Seriously, the last two days were coma-inducing boredom aside from the Berserk game announcement.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
I may be the odd man out here, but I watched a ton of the extended gameplay stream, and I hope that Nintendo still has lots of things to add to the game, because right now it's a vast open world full of a whole lot of nothing. I'm hoping they didn't make it so big that they couldn't fill it with stuff to do, but judging from today's stream, it kind of looked they might have.

ShadowHand25

Jul 12, 2010
This looks pretty high budget for a spin-off Zelda game. I can't say I'm too excited about this "Legend of Farcry"

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
ffronw said:
I may be the odd man out here, but I watched a ton of the extended gameplay stream, and I hope that Nintendo still has lots of things to add to the game, because right now it's a vast open world full of a whole lot of nothing. I'm hoping they didn't make it so big that they couldn't fill it with stuff to do, but judging from today's stream, it kind of looked they might have.
I had the same feeling. I didn't watch all of the footage but what I did see was basically Link running around the wilderness beating up mosters and taking their loot. That shouldn't be enough for any modern sandbox game. Obviously there will be dungeons and puzzles and things but I really hope the overworld will be more than just rolling meadows with random monster infested ruins thrown here and there.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
ffronw said:
Yeah, it all looks a bit sparse. There's a definate Shadow of the Colossus feel to the world, without the intended sense of isolation and loneliness. The climb everywhere mechanic is cool though.

kekkres

Jun 5, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
ffronw said:
Yeah, it all looks a bit sparse. There's a definate Shadow of the Colossus feel to the world, without the intended sense of isolation and loneliness. The climb everywhere mechanic is cool though.
They mentioned that all of the npc's besides the old man and story elements had been removed for the E3 version.