First Trailer Released for Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
First Trailer Released for Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location

"There was never just one."

FNaF RPG, that is [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167252-Five-Nights-at-Freddys-Dev-Teases-a-New-Game#&gid=gallery_6182&pid=1].

Text from the trailer reads: "Deep below ground, where memories sleep, anger is restless, and secrets don't keep."

Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location will be releasing this fall, according to the trailer.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
"Releasing this fall, according to the trailer"...

Yeah... But this is Scott Cawthon we're talking about. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he released it just half an hour from now...

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I love how he's just taking the piss out of everyone who thinks there's a coherent singular narrative to all these games. God I love how Scott fucks with his own fans.

Having said that...is it me, or was that just a tad bit actually creepy? Like the whole 'Don't hold it against us' child's voice was unnerving. Like they're aware what they're doing and not just Grudge style fuck-you ghosts. And that's...dark.

Also anyone else getting a sorta' Silent Hill vibe from all this? In that Fazbear Pizza, no matter the location, was always fucked up and haunted. As if the corporate owners are the SH cult or something and 'child murder' and 'haunted robotics' is just part of the mission statement?
I just might have to pick this one up when it comes out in like...3 weeks.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
So, couple of disclaimers: I have nothing but respect for Mr. Cawthon and the creativity that led him to the staggering innovation of the Five Nights series, and I similarly expect that, no matter what, I will enjoy watching Markiplier freak himself out playing it. So, with no intention to diminish the man or his accomplishments (which I see far too many people do in discussions about his products, a response I will always find really weird), let me just say I hope the gameplay differs significantly from the Five Nights series', which I personally feel has, after four games, fairly well played itself out.

Sep 24, 2008
Silentpony said:
Having said that...is it me, or was that just a tad bit actually creepy? Like the whole 'Don't hold it against us' child's voice was unnerving. Like they're aware what they're doing and not just Grudge style fuck-you ghosts. And that's...dark.
I took it another way.

I took it as a child or a woman begging for their lives.

Especially at the end, where typically people know it's coming anyway but they try to get the phrase out quickly in hopes someone will stop but still preparing for whatever's going to happen.

Like someone found out the reason why the Animatronics were Haunted. And that person got cornered the second they found out.

Like the tag line says "Deep below ground, where memories sleep, anger is restless, and secrets don't keep."

You got there, you uncovered some stuff... yet the Animatronics don't care. They are just angry and everything must suffer.

No one who is angry cares if you forgive them. They just want their pound of flesh.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Silentpony said:
I love how he's just taking the piss out of everyone who thinks there's a coherent singular narrative to all these games. God I love how Scott fucks with his own fans.

Also anyone else getting a sorta' Silent Hill vibe from all this? In that Fazbear Pizza, no matter the location, was always fucked up and haunted. As if the corporate owners are the SH cult or something and 'child murder' and 'haunted robotics' is just part of the mission statement?
I just might have to pick this one up when it comes out in like...3 weeks.
I was getting a westworld vibe myself. Which is good, very good if you ask me. Westworld is scary on many levels.
I like Scott, his games are not for me really. But I love his look at life. From making a creepy, simple and boring cute game that got JS worked up instead of whining at Jim, he used that to make a cult classic (whether you like it or not, it has made a impact, just look at the clones), next tried a total change with a RPG ( yeah... But come on, you have to give him something for trying some thing so different). I have no idea if this will be any good. But I have to take my hat off to you Scott. You are the spirit of indie developers. Hit or miss. You give it a hellava go..

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
why are their faces quartered

WHY IS THE SINGING GIRL TRAUMATIZING MY SOUL

Man, I can't wait for June, when it comes out.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
ObsidianJones said:
Not to debate the meaning behind FNAF at all('cause lets face it, he makes it up as he does along and puts red herrings in everywhere.) but the end of the trailer, the "You don't know what we've been through" to me says its the ghosts(ie Freddie's somehow human sister) talking to you.
Almost justifying its coming murder of you, however weakly. And the way its said sounds almost gleeful to me. Like a pretense. She's just going through the motions of trying to show she's sorry for this, but actually not really.

It could still be a Grudge style ghost, in that she's mentally incapable of letting people live. Indiscriminate Vengeance for indiscriminate vengeance's sake. I hope not. Always felt it takes something away from the spoopy-ness for the ghost to basically just be an unthinking force of nature more related to a tornado than a person.

I think it adds much more to the character and atmosphere if the ghosts are vindictive. They know you're innocent. They know you're trying to help. And they just don't care. This is fun to them now!

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
Man, the salt in the YouTube comments section is real. There something heinous about this guy making another title in a popular franchise? I know some people give him shit for releasing his games early, but I don't really see the issue as I've never heard of any major bugs occurring.

I look forward to watching other people play this, because I never really quite got into playing them. Never made it past night two of the demo for the first game. What I did do, however, was get quite into the story and lore of them. While he quite clearly left things as vague as possible as long as possible to give himself breathing room to make it up, I have to admit he left it quite satisfactory in the end.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location will be releasing this fall, according to the trailer.
So we can expect it to come out next week? Got it.

I was never one to complain about how - at their core - the games have all been the same, believing instead that Scott does indeed do enough to shake up the formula between games. This one might be pushing it, however, if it's still the same core gameplay. I wouldn't mind seeing him do a room-to-room adventure a la ShadowGate via the NES. Walking around, exploring, finding items to solve puzzles. Toss in some animatronic-themed death traps and you're golden.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I have to wonder if Scott Cawthon knows he sort of created an ARG in the whole lore theory of FNaF. I mean people read deep into it, and there's some interesting stuff they've come up with as "canon". Intentionally vague and conflicting canon with no hard canon sources... its kind of a game in and of itself to craft the lore.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Well, a few things:

1: Here's another 2 million Subs for Markiplier.

2: You know, give the guy a lot of shit for churning these things out, but that looked both cool and fuckin' creepy. Like, god damn.

3: Are... are we not going to be sitting in an office the whole time? And exploring the place? Oh. oh. That'll be extra fucked up if that's the case.

The_Darkness said:
"Releasing this fall, according to the trailer"...

Yeah... But this is Scott Cawthon we're talking about. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he released it just half an hour from now...
I await the day he actually releases one of these things a week before he even announces the thing.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Chefsbrian said:
Man, the salt in the YouTube comments section is real. There something heinous about this guy making another title in a popular franchise?
Its funny. FNaF seems to be the only franchise were the fans have "ruined" it to such an extent that people blame the creator. The hatred comes from Pewdiepie and Markiplier getting millions of fans from their Lets Play, which MLG players apparently think is just so beneath them it must be wrong.
Fair enough, but petty.

But instead of hating on Markimoo and the Bros, people seem to hate Scott. Like...how dare he take Jim Sterling's criticism to heart and create a wholly unique lightning in a bottle horror game at the exact right time to get hundreds of thousands of sales and millions of rabid fans the likes of which Gone Home and Fez would kill for. And how dare he supply a product to the demand of his customers and fanbase.

I only have the first FNaF mind and its okay, but I certainly don't begrudge Scott for making more and certainly don't hate YouTubers for playing it. I'd take a thousand FNaFs over a single Slaughtering Grounds or UnitZ any day.

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
lacktheknack said:
why are their faces quartered
Why are people not asking this question more often?
Not only is it actually pretty creepy, but also kinda stupid.
But still creepy.
But still stupid.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Fuck you lady! I'm holding it against you all damn day! You're the reason why privately owned flamethrowers should be a thing!

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
Soooo, is it just me or does this game appear to be more free roaming than previous entries?

Like, the elevator and what seems to be the player crawling through a vent. And, if this is true, it could point to you needing to be on the move constantly to keep away from the animatronics.

Or, to put it another way, previous FNaF games had you basically holding out in a room. This time, that appears to no longer be an option, which suggests a very, very different FNaF game. Not FNaF RPG different, but you get what I mean.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
I have to wonder if Scott Cawthon knows he sort of created an ARG in the whole lore theory of FNaF. I mean people read deep into it, and there's some interesting stuff they've come up with as "canon". Intentionally vague and conflicting canon with no hard canon sources... its kind of a game in and of itself to craft the lore.
That's what I like most about FNaF. I haven't really touched the games, I like watching Mark play them, but the lore is what has me interested. I'm not a lore junkie normally, I don't sit around reading mass amounts of stuff to learn every inch of a world. But FNaF is... really interesting to me. I love the speculation, and I love how everything comes together (Even if it was made up as he went along, I don't care. My D&D campaign has a lot of that and the group loves it). It's all quite interesting stuff

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm confused on the possible setting and location and aswell the design.

Ok so apprantly underground and the design is new but they have that weird 3 face split. I guessing it's a underground factory/ fallout or the futurue???

Also I originally thought that "Sister location" was about the kid or the secruity guy sister but now I'm thinking it's meant as in the sister company or something like that.