Five and a Half Hours In, Someone Already Hit Level 110 in World of Warcraft's Legion Expansion

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Five and a Half Hours In, Someone Already Hit Level 110 in World of Warcraft's Legion Expansion

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1346/1346450.jpgWorld of Warcraft: Legion launched today, and someone has already made it to the max level of 110.

If you were planning on being the first person to hit level 110 in World of Warcraft's Legion expansion, you've missed your chance. Fragnance [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-30-world-of-warcraft-legion-had-a-level-110-in-five-and-a-half-hours] took his Demon Hunter Sicklikeme from 100 to 110 in just five hours and 28 minutes, and he did it live on his channel.

Along with his leveling partner Gingi, Fragnance spent his time in the Legion beta preparing for the speed run. Perusing his past videos shows just how much time went into preparation, as the pair spent many hours planning their routes and learning the quests.

Fragnance isn't stopping there. If you head over to his Twitch channel, you'll see that he's working his way toward another level 110 character right now. He's a member of one of the top raiding guilds in the world (Serenity on EU-Twisting Nether), so it's not really surprising to see him progressing at a rapid pace.

Who needs sleep, anyway?

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
Impressive, and kind of sad. I wouldn't want to finish content so quickly.
ffronw said:
Who needs sleep, anyway?
I mean he's getting plenty of it if he only had to play 5 and a half hours >.<

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
well.... I guess it's an achievement as far as that goes, but I wouldn't enjoy blasting through the content that quickly.

Vanished

Jul 5, 2014
Presumably he's already gotten to enjoy the content if he did all the preparations in beta. I'm assuming at this point it's more like leveling alt number 6 when all the magic has worn off and you just want to get through the quest.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
Kibeth41 said:
Qizx said:
Impressive, and kind of sad. I wouldn't want to finish content so quickly.
ffronw said:
Who needs sleep, anyway?
I mean he's getting plenty of it if he only had to play 5 and a half hours >.<
Floppertje said:
well.... I guess it's an achievement as far as that goes, but I wouldn't enjoy blasting through the content that quickly.
That's not really the case with WoW.

Majority of content in Legion is locked at level 110. Now he can gather artifact power, start gearing up (though good luck finding dungeon groups so early), doing fishing and archeology profession quests, do some PvP (especially in Dalaran sewers), cap out his professions, level alts and see more of the class order halls, perhaps start planning for raids, if treasures returned then he can also start hunting those effectively, perhaps start building up reputation.

Hitting the level cap is only a small portion of WoW.
While I am very familiar with how most of the content is for max level people... Leveling is part of the fun, seeing new places, taking on new quests etc. That's actually why when I picked up the game again and started a Demon Hunter I was actually upset that they start at 98.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
I'm taking my time and enjoying the zones. They're really nicely made. They're much nicer than Legion's zones, which were restricted in the sense that they had to mimic TBCs zones to some extent.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'm taking the scenic route, level 107 now. (I'm EU, relax, I've had a 8 or so hour headstart)

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Man, and I'm still level 100. Granted that's 'cause I wanted to get the last few Lunkers I needed for the mount before I left, which took way longer than it usually did.

Fuckin, 1 in an hour of fishing? Fuck me, RNG.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Li Mu said:
I'm taking my time and enjoying the zones. They're really nicely made. They're much nicer than Legion's zones, which were restricted in the sense that they had to mimic TBCs zones to some extent.
Legion's Zones are much nicer than Legion's Zones?

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Li Mu said:
Yes. But certainly not as good as Legion's zones.

Hah, what I meant to say was WoD. But I had too much Legion on my mind.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Li Mu said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Li Mu said:
Yes. But certainly not as good as Legion's zones.

Hah, what I meant to say was WoD. But I had too much Legion on my mind.
So how does it fair in terms of graphical design? Like, in TBC we already had a lot of Burning Legion in terms of visual design. That's what put me off on Warlords of Draenor as well, seeing all the Draenei designs again.

I know it's the redheaded stepchild of WoW expansions but I loved exploring in Mists of Pandaria. Pandaria felt like a truly new zone and I never quite knew what to expect around the corner. It wasn't filled with many familiar designs. How's that for Legion? Because I don't really feel like seeing demonic stuff all over again.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
I know it's the redheaded stepchild of WoW expansions but I loved exploring in Mists of Pandaria. Pandaria felt like a truly new zone and I never quite knew what to expect around the corner. It wasn't filled with many familiar designs. How's that for Legion? Because I don't really feel like seeing demonic stuff all over again.
Those were my concerns. I think we're all sick of seeing standard Legion demons.
Well, the mobs are so far quite varied. Some are remodels of Giants and other monsters. Some are new. There are unicorns, which made me realize how odd it is that we'd never had them before.
There are demons, lots of them, but they have made a few variations on the old models. They must be varied enough because it hasn't bothered me yet. Harpies and Murlocs are back. I never noticed how much I missed them.

As for the zones. There is one which is like Shadowmoon from TBC, but the rest are very different. One is like a big Emerald Dream forest. Another is a kind of Azshara type map (before the Goblins moved in), another is more like the mountainous areas of WotLK.
They've done a good job in making sure the maps are not flat. There's lots of hills (something I liked about MoP) and mountains.
I'd say that this is my favourite zone art since MoP. But that's not hard since WoD had horrible maps.

The artifact weapon quests are fun and well thought out. Basically, I've just hit level 105 and noticed that I hadn't even been paying attention to my level. I had just been questing without even thinking about levels or anything like that.

I totally lost interest in WoW once Cata hit. I found it dull. I missed Pandaria completely and only replayed the zones once WoD came out and I went back to it. I enjoyed WoD for about 3 weeks and then unsubbed after it quickly became a game about sitting in your garrison alone. But Legion might hold my attention for a little longer.