Five Favorites from the Movies and TV Channel

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Five Favorites from the Movies and TV Channel

The Escapist editors and writers share their favorite movies and television shows of 2014.

Read Full Article

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I agree with Mike. Hannibal really is the best thing on TV right now. If it stays at this quality, it may surpass Breaking Bad as my favourite show ever.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I loved Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun, so damn funny even if you aren't remotely into the genre (Shoujo Manga) that it's parodying.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
RedDeadFred said:
I agree with Mike. Hannibal really is the best thing on TV right now. If it stays at this quality, it may surpass Breaking Bad as my favourite show ever.
^^ This guy knows what's up.

Yeah, Hannibal just knocks it out of the park for me. BB was a fantastic show, brilliantly done and an icon of modern television. For myself, though, Hannibal is thematically so much more interesting. Not to mention that it's beyond beautiful. BB had stunning visuals on occasion and looked great all the time, but every shot in Hannibal looks like a work of art.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Mike Hoffman said:
RedDeadFred said:
^^ This guy knows what's up.

Yeah, Hannibal just knocks it out of the park for me. BB was a fantastic show, brilliantly done and an icon of modern television. For myself, though, Hannibal is thematically so much more interesting. Not to mention that it's beyond beautiful. BB had stunning visuals on occasion and looked great all the time, but every shot in Hannibal looks like a work of art.
Very true. Despite the insanity that had happened at the end of the finale, I was still able to appreciate the beauty of the scene with Hannibal in the rain.

And the food scenes......... Even though you know what's often being served, it's hard not to want those dishes.

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
PedroSteckecilo said:
I loved Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun, so damn funny even if you aren't remotely into the genre (Shoujo Manga) that it's parodying.
I went into it not expecting a lot (I believe I first became aware of it a few months after it started when I saw some gifs from the show) and it caught me by surprise. Definitely a genuinely funny show! As someone who also reads a lot of shoujo and laughs at the tropes, it was fun to see some fun poked at it.